Remember Whining About Cops Taking A Crazy Vet's Guns?

You display your ignorance of the law. You don't assume guilt, you prove it. I hate terrorists just as much as you, but if they are American citizens even only in title, they still deserve their due process rights.

So, you think that enemy combatants should be left to kill Americans if they have not been convicted in a court of law?

What? No. I want them to be captured and brought to justice! I never said anything of the sort! What I said was you don't deny an American his day in court, no matter how heinous his crime might be. Our justice system is a system of discovery, not a system of summary punishment. You don't assume guilt until you prove it. You don't maintain innocence, you defend it. You have faith in the system that it will dole out a fitting punishment.

Face the facts, the 14th Amendment applies to any and all American citizens.

Sending in troops and risking fatalities when the enemy can be taken out with a drone is a bit ridiculous, although it may have been done if it was possible. An enemy is an enemy, pure and simple.

If a liberal started a thread defending these people, those of you on the right would be screaming bloody murder.

So, you think that enemy combatants should be left to kill Americans if they have not been convicted in a court of law?

What? No. I want them to be captured and brought to justice! I never said anything of the sort! What I said was you don't deny an American his day in court, no matter how heinous his crime might be. Our justice system is a system of discovery, not a system of summary punishment. You don't assume guilt until you prove it. You don't maintain innocence, you defend it. You have faith in the system that it will dole out a fitting punishment.

Sending in troops and risking fatalities when the enemy can be taken out with a drone is a bit ridiculous, although it may have been done if it was possible. An enemy is an enemy, pure and simple.

If a liberal started a thread defending these people, those of you on the right would be screaming bloody murder.

You're entirely hopeless. "An enemy is an enemy" sure, that's what the IRS and the Justice Department thought too. Too bad Hillary couldn't have maintained that mentality when four of our own were killed by those rabid animals. But that's how devoted to the rights of our citizens we should be. If we can launch a nighttime raid on a compound on Abottabad, Pakistan without the Pakistanis knowing until the next day, we can capture the wrongdoer. But your comments show the lack of reverence for the due process rights of all Americans, whether they conspire with the enemy or not.

Throw all the tantrums you like, but it's the way it is and should be. Your attitude betrays your moniker, if you must know.

You're entirely hopeless. "An enemy is an enemy" sure, that's what the IRS and the Justice Department thought too. Too bad Hillary couldn't have maintained that mentality when four of our own were killed by those rabid animals. But that's how devoted to the rights of our citizens we should be. If we can launch a nighttime raid on a compound on Abottabad, Pakistan without the Pakistanis knowing until the next day, we can capture the wrongdoer. But your comments show the lack of reverence for the due process rights of all Americans, whether they conspire with the enemy or not.

Throw all the tantrums you like, but it's the way it is and should be. Your attitude betrays your moniker, if you must know.

But, you think that it is OK for an American to join these 'rabid animals'. And no one is throwing tantrums, unless it is you.

If America discovered the location of these 'rabid animals', would it be the governments responsibility to make sure that none of them were American citizens fighting against America before taking them out? The Boston bomber who was killed was not given due process before he was shot.

Blah blah. If this guy shot your son or daughter and you found out he legally had as gun but should have been denied one because he was officially declared to have ptsd, you would not be screaming about his rights being violated. You would be screaming asking why he had access to a gun. Period. End of story.

Blah blah. If this guy shot your son or daughter and you found out he legally had as gun but should have been denied one because he was officially declared to have ptsd, you would not be screaming about his rights being violated. You would be screaming asking why he had access to a gun. Period. End of story.

No matter how much you wish it, PTSD alone does not remove the right to own and possess firearms. I have delusional Paranoia and recurring major depression and I haven't lost my right either. Moron.

I want to correct a error in the OP..

The Vet in Daytona who had his guns confiscated by the Police Chief was released by the Mental Health professionals the next day as not being a danger to himself or anyone else.

The Police Chief still refuses to release his weapons.

The Vet was having a bad day and was having suicidal thoughts. He sought help through the VA and the asshole there called the police instead who had him Bakered.

The Police Chief also released his name publically in violation of the law.

Crazy? That "Crazy" vet defended your freedom! You childish liberal prick. Show some freaking respect.

I'm a retired vet, retard.

First of all, let me thank you for your service, g5. No matter how unsightly your opinions might be-- you fought for the right to make them. But at any rate

My father is a Gulf War vet. Multiple generations of my family have served in any of the wars dating back to WWII up to the War on Terror. So your point would be, exactly? But where do you get off calling one of your own crazy? What should it matter if you are? So much for camaraderie. Did your superiors ever brand the warrior ethos into that head of yours?

A person who shoots innocent people on a rampage is a whackjob. Being a vet does not make one immune from being called a whackjob, and treated like a whackjob, if one behaves like a whackjob.

A whackjob is a whackjob, vet or no vet.

Using the "he's a vet" bullshit appeal to emotion logical fallacy to defend letting a whackjob keep his weapons who is a hazard to himself and/or others is the epitome of stupidity.

Last edited:
Crazy? That "Crazy" vet defended your freedom! You childish liberal prick. Show some freaking respect.

I think this vet lost my respect when he started shooting people.

so next time you start saying nasty shit about me, just remember I'm a vet who defended your freedom.

I don't care who you are, Joe. You are dishonorable. You fought for my freedom, but assail me and others for their faith. You fought for my freedom, but don't like it when someone has a different opinion than you. Have some freaking respect for your comrades. You have no idea the turmoil that a soldier or a Marine for that matter goes through when he has PTSS/PTSD. My gramps had it after fighting two tours in Vietnam. My father has it now, having fought in Grenada and Iraq. It wears at a man, it tears him up inside when he has to take a life. Death is unpleasant and unsettling. However, Joe, I also have a right to my opinion, which you no doubt "fought for".

So the next time you say nasty shit about me, remember you fought for my right to issue the same diatribe about you as well. Grow up, soldier. Double time.

Last edited:
I'm a retired vet, retard.

First of all, let me thank you for your service, g5. No matter how unsightly your opinions might be-- you fought for the right to make them. But at any rate

My father is a Gulf War vet. Multiple generations of my family have served in any of the wars dating back to WWII up to the War on Terror. So your point would be, exactly? But where do you get off calling one of your own crazy? What should it matter if you are? So much for camaraderie. Did your superiors ever brand the warrior ethos into that head of yours?

A person who shoots innocent people on a rampage is a whackjob. Being a vet does not make one immune from being called a whackjob, and treated like a whackjob, if one behaves like a whackjob.

Using the "he's a vet" bullshit appeal to emotion logical fallacy to defend letting a whackjob keep his weapons who is a hazard to himself and/or others is the epitome of stupidity.

Answer me this. Do you have PTSD? Have you ever had to fight the idiots at the VA hospital? Do you understand that they play a role in these things? If a vet with PTSD comes along needing help, and gets the run around; his condition may worsen to the point where he is beyond help. Now whose fault would that be? So had he been treated for his mental deficiency, we might not be having this conversation right now. And he would have been able to keep his guns.

Government bureaucracy folks.

I think this vet lost my respect when he started shooting people.

so next time you start saying nasty shit about me, just remember I'm a vet who defended your freedom.

I don't care who you are, Joe. You are dishonorable. You fought for my freedom, but assail me and others for their faith. You fought for my freedom, but don't like it when someone has a different opinion than you. Have some freaking respect for your comrades. You have no idea the turmoil that a soldier or a Marine for that matter goes through when he has PTSS/PTSD. My gramps had it after fighting two tours in Vietnam. My father has it now, having fought in Grenada and Iraq. It wears at a man, it tears him up inside when he has to take a life. Death is unpleasant and unsettling. However, Joe, I also have a right to my opinion, which you no doubt "fought for".

So the next time you say nasty shit about me, remember you fought for my right to issue the same diatribe about you as well. Grow up, soldier. Double time.

Yes, PTSD, in actual cases where it happens, is a bad thing. It's also overdiagonsed.

It also doesn't excuse the asshole who uses it as an excuse to shoot things up.

It also wouldn't be a problem if we didn't make it sooooo easy for crazy people to buy guns.

by the way, I have no respect for your beliefs because they are based on ignorant, bronze age stupidity, and you guys selectively follow them to validate your own bigotries.

Dumb ass, simply because he served in the military does not give him the right to shoot up a bunch of his fellow citizens. His service deserves respect, his lack of sanity means he should have already been incarcerated for treatment, now, instead, he will be incarcerated for murder, or hung for that.

Crazies, whatever their past, should not be allowed to have guns. Period, end of statement.

Answer me this. Do you have PTSD? Have you ever had to fight the idiots at the VA hospital? Do you understand that they play a role in these things? If a vet with PTSD comes along needing help, and gets the run around; his condition may worsen to the point where he is beyond help. Now whose fault would that be? So had he been treated for his mental deficiency, we might not be having this conversation right now. And he would have been able to keep his guns.

Government bureaucracy folks.

Why is it that you think that the right to own a gun is more important than the right of the citizens of this nation not to be shot or have their children shot by crazies?

You want better treatment for our Vets? Call your senators and congressman and tell them to vote for more funding for the VA. Given that the Army has a weapons program being forced on it by the Congress that they really don't want, cancel that project and use the money instead for the VA.

Forum List

Back