Remembering Robert E. Lee: American Patriot and Southern Hero

Robert E Lee day is an il disguised attempt to celebrate the days of slavery

Robert E. Lee was a great American. He deserves a holiday

CIVIL WAR OP-ED Remembering Robert E. Lee American Patriot and Southern Hero Huntington News

Sir Winston Churchill called General Robert E. Lee, “one of the noblest Americans who ever lived.”

Please let me call to your attention that Monday, January 19, 2015, is the 208th birthday of Robert E. Lee, whose memory is still dear in the hearts of many Southerners. Why is this man so honored in the South and respected in the North? Lee was even respected by the soldiers of Union blue who fought against him during the War Between the States.

What is your community doing to commemorate the birthday of this great American?

General Lee’s portrait adorns the State Capitol in Atlanta where the Georgia Division Sons of Confederate Veterans hosted their 1st Lee birthday in 1988. The SCV will host their annual Robert E. Lee birthday celebration on Saturday January 17, 2015 at Georgia’s Old Secession Capitol on Greene Street in Milledgeville. Read more at: 2015 Annual Robert E Lee Birthday Celebration

During Robert E. Lee's 100th birthday in 1907, Charles Francis Adams, Jr., a former Union Commander and grandson of US President John Quincy Adams, spoke in tribute to Robert E. Lee at Washington and Lee College's Lee Chapel in Lexington, Virginia. His speech was printed in both Northern and Southern newspapers and is said to had lifted Lee to a renewed respect among the American people.

And In Lexington, Virginia events are scheduled for the birthday of Robert E. Lee and Stonewall Jackson on January 16th and 17th. Read more at: Home - Lee-Jackson Day Lexington VA

Dr. Edward C. Smith, respected African-American Professor of History at American University in Washington, D.C. , told the audience in Atlanta, Ga. during a 1995 Robert E. Lee birthday event, quote 'Dr. Martin Luther King and Robert E. Lee were individuals worthy of emulation because they understood history.' Unquote

God bless the memory of Robert E. Lee, man of God, patriot, and the last true freedom fighter in this country's history.
You have a funny notion of "Freedom."

You have a weak grasp of history.

CIVIL WAR OP-ED Remembering Robert E. Lee American Patriot and Southern Hero Huntington News

Sir Winston Churchill called General Robert E. Lee, “one of the noblest Americans who ever lived.”

Please let me call to your attention that Monday, January 19, 2015, is the 208th birthday of Robert E. Lee, whose memory is still dear in the hearts of many Southerners. Why is this man so honored in the South and respected in the North? Lee was even respected by the soldiers of Union blue who fought against him during the War Between the States.

What is your community doing to commemorate the birthday of this great American?

General Lee’s portrait adorns the State Capitol in Atlanta where the Georgia Division Sons of Confederate Veterans hosted their 1st Lee birthday in 1988. The SCV will host their annual Robert E. Lee birthday celebration on Saturday January 17, 2015 at Georgia’s Old Secession Capitol on Greene Street in Milledgeville. Read more at: 2015 Annual Robert E Lee Birthday Celebration

During Robert E. Lee's 100th birthday in 1907, Charles Francis Adams, Jr., a former Union Commander and grandson of US President John Quincy Adams, spoke in tribute to Robert E. Lee at Washington and Lee College's Lee Chapel in Lexington, Virginia. His speech was printed in both Northern and Southern newspapers and is said to had lifted Lee to a renewed respect among the American people.

And In Lexington, Virginia events are scheduled for the birthday of Robert E. Lee and Stonewall Jackson on January 16th and 17th. Read more at: Home - Lee-Jackson Day Lexington VA

Dr. Edward C. Smith, respected African-American Professor of History at American University in Washington, D.C. , told the audience in Atlanta, Ga. during a 1995 Robert E. Lee birthday event, quote 'Dr. Martin Luther King and Robert E. Lee were individuals worthy of emulation because they understood history.' Unquote

God bless the memory of Robert E. Lee, man of God, patriot, and the last true freedom fighter in this country's history.
You have a funny notion of "Freedom."

You have a weak grasp of history.
:lol:

It's racist to celebrate anyone who fought for slavery.

at the time slavery was legal
I agree that he made a big mistake at Gettysburg. However, he was a lot better than all the union generals.
Maybe he was somewhat competent because he was removed for 32 years of the ignorance of the south and educated in the U.S. Military.
He was smart enough to state that the southern states had no Constitutional right to secession so he wasn't a total ignorant hick.

he was better educated than you and of higher character
You sound like a complete imbecile.
So I guess all those science courses I have taken and all the technological and humanities courses I have passed were around hundreds of years ago and at the same level of discovery as now...lol.

You sound so stupid you must come from the South, unfortunately you make the smart ones look stupid also.

Lee graduated from West Point at the top of his class.

You, on the other hand, are the typical black person. You have too high of an opinion of yourself.

Lee benefited from the education provided for him in Northern institutions niot hickbilly college in the ignorant south.
Of course he would be competent, he served the U.S. before deciding to become a traitor.

You are the typical ignorant southerner and your high opinion of your traitorous stupidity resulted in the destruction of your backward society.

Two of the best universities in the country were in Virginia before the war, dumbass.

We know Lee fought against the Union, thus fought for slavery.

stmike talking about history is similar to a hamster eating the pages of a history book.

Maybe he was somewhat competent because he was removed for 32 years of the ignorance of the south and educated in the U.S. Military.
He was smart enough to state that the southern states had no Constitutional right to secession so he wasn't a total ignorant hick.

So I guess all those science courses I have taken and all the technological and humanities courses I have passed were around hundreds of years ago and at the same level of discovery as now...lol.

You sound so stupid you must come from the South, unfortunately you make the smart ones look stupid also.

You, on the other hand, are the typical black person. You have too high of an opinion of yourself.

Lee benefited from the education provided for him in Northern institutions niot hickbilly college in the ignorant south.
Of course he would be competent, he served the U.S. before deciding to become a traitor.

You are the typical ignorant southerner and your high opinion of your traitorous stupidity resulted in the destruction of your backward society.

Two of the best universities in the country were in Virginia before the war, dumbass.
Harvard and Yale?

stmike talking about history is similar to a hamster eating the pages of a history book.

And many on the north (other than the abolishinists) were not fighting against slavery, but to preserve the union.

Wow Bripat...right in time for MLK huh......

Robert E. Lee did not approve of slavery

And he was a great man.

If you knew anything about history you would know Lee was against slavery.
Against it in a "I'm going to keep my slaves until I am forced to free them" kind of way.

Yes, he expressed a few sentiments against slavery, but still fought *for* the cause of defending, preserving, protecting and expanding slavery. There's no getting around that.

Wow Bripat...right in time for MLK huh......

Robert E. Lee did not approve of slavery

And he was a great man.

There's no competition here. Robert E. Lee and Martin Luther King Jr. were both great men.

Harvard and Yale?

I didn't say the two best universities in the country, shit stain. I said two of the best.

Against it in a "I'm going to keep my slaves until I am forced to free them" kind of way.

Yes, he expressed a few sentiments against slavery, but still fought *for* the cause of defending, preserving, protecting and expanding slavery. There's no getting around that.
Wrong. He fought for Virginia.

never said that at all. just that Lee was not in favor of slavery.

The Civil War was not fought over slavery.
Of course not....it was fought over a states right to allow slavery
Oh God, not that crap again.

All one has to do is read the justifications for secession written by South Carolina, Mississippi, Georgia, and Texas. These were the direct words of the people who started the civil war, and the reasons they gave for doing that. Only a revisionist moron accepts contemporary spin about it.

South Carolina: "The General Government, as the common agent, passed laws to carry into effect these stipulations of the States. For many years these laws were executed. But an increasing hostility on the part of the non-slaveholding States to the institution of slavery, has led to a disregard of their obligations, and the laws of the General Government have ceased to effect the objects of the Constitution."

Avalon Project - Confederate States of America - Declaration of the Immediate Causes Which Induce and Justify the Secession of South Carolina from the Federal Union

Forum List

Back