Renewable Energy Will Be Consistently Cheaper Than Fossil Fuels By 2020

it means end of states gas-stations : KSA, "Russia", all Gulf states , etc. how our world without states gas-stations will be look like?
1458982466856.jpg

Renewable Energy Will Be Consistently Cheaper Than Fossil Fuels By 2020,
The organisation – which has more than 150 member countries – says the cost of generating power from onshore wind has fallen by around 23% since 2010 while the cost of solar photovoltaic (PV) electricity has fallen by 73% in that time. With further price falls expected for these and other green energy options, IRENA says all renewable energy technologies should be competitive on price with fossil fuels by 2020.Globally, onshore wind schemes are now costing an average of

why are you stuck on co2??? without it all the trees will die...I like tree
and I've never said anything about polution

sorry I dont play make believe

why are you stuck on co2?? I never said anything about it or pollution, and trees would die if not for co2,,and I like trees

again I dont play make believe

my point is the tech is currently an option for most of everyday living and getting better everyday, and certainly an add on in certain climates like the southwest where they have 340 days of sun a yr

Good lord, y’all are actually lending credence to this fantasy by arguing its possibility.

eventually it will be a necessity, but not for many many years. I think we should let private industry work on renewables and be realistic in our expectations of what it can deliver in the short term. We should also encourage the fossil fuel industry to find more efficient and less polluting ways of using fossil fuels.

the profit motive will solve this problem, there is no reason to panic, the sky is not falling.

why are you stuck on co2?? I never said anything about it or pollution, and trees would die if not for co2,,and I like trees

my point is the tech is currently an option for most of everyday living and getting better everyday, and certainly an add on in certain climates like the southwest where they have 340 days of sun a yr

I don't disagree with any of that. But most of the liberals rant that we have to find renewables to prevent climate change, that is the fraud I am addressing.

I don't disagree with any of that. But most of the liberals rant that we have to find renewables to prevent climate change, that is the fraud I am addressing.
consider the source...

but dont knock a confirmed tech over politics,

consider the source...

I don't knock confirmed tech, but you need to be realistic in what it can do in the near term. Scandinavia invested billions and it is not returning the investment. When I was in Denmark about 1/3 of the wind turbines were shut down due to mechanical problems and the rest were killing birds. We need to proceed with sensible caution on this.

Good lord, y’all are actually lending credence to this fantasy by arguing its possibility.

eventually it will be a necessity, but not for many many years. I think we should let private industry work on renewables and be realistic in our expectations of what it can deliver in the short term. We should also encourage the fossil fuel industry to find more efficient and less polluting ways of using fossil fuels.

the profit motive will solve this problem, there is no reason to panic, the sky is not falling.

POSSIBILITY???

its a current working technology thats only getting better

Point being, it isn't the the notion that someday the use of fossil fuels will be spoken of in the past tense that is foolish nonsense.This is the just the daily, ongoing troll attempt by the op to direct us to the silly assed notion that all the evil in the world resides in Moscow and you must sacrifice your children to a world ending war to destroy Russia.

Last edited:

consider the source...

I don't knock confirmed tech, but you need to be realistic in what it can do in the near term. Scandinavia invested billions and it is not returning the investment. When I was in Denmark about 1/3 of the wind turbines were shut down due to mechanical problems and the rest were killing birds. We need to proceed with sensible caution on this.

thats all true to a point, but you do have to kill a few birds and waste a little money for any chance to make it work.
think about all the people that have died due to bad pharma, 10 yrs ago it was the #1 killer and today its down to about 3rd

and there are thousands of homes across the country being powered by solar and wind and a lot of them its unrealistic to bring a hardwire to them...no other options

as to the birds the problem is they are use vertical windmills instead of the horizontal ones, and yes its been proven that large solar farms are not the solution where as induvidual systems are a very positive solution or at least in some areas a good offset during high usage periods

consider the source...

thats all true to a point, but you do have to kill a few birds and waste a little money for any chance to make it work.
think about all the people that have died due to bad pharma, 10 yrs ago it was the #1 killer and today its down to about 3rd

and there are thousands of homes across the country being powered by solar and wind and a lot of them its unrealistic to bring a hardwire to them...no other options

as to the birds the problem is they are use vertical windmills instead of the horizontal ones, and yes its been proven that large solar farms are not the solution where as induvidual systems are a very positive solution or at least in some areas a good offset during high usage periods

there are zero homes across the country being powered solely by solar and wind. that is a fantasy. Here in south Louisiana you can get a solar system for around 25K with 70-80% of it being refunded by the state and federal govt on your tax return, several of my neighbors have had them installed, the average saving on their power bill is $70 per month. So 25K times 80% = 5K out of pocket, divided by 70 = 71 months to break even. almost 6 years and the expected life of the panels is not much more than that. so even with the govt contribution (paid for by the rest of the taxpayers) its not a very good deal.

We will get there, but we aint there yet by a long shot.

consider the source...

there are zero homes across the country being powered solely by solar and wind. that is a fantasy. Here in south Louisiana you can get a solar system for around 25K with 70-80% of it being refunded by the state and federal govt on your tax return, several of my neighbors have had them installed, the average saving on their power bill is $70 per month. So 25K times 80% = 5K out of pocket, divided by 70 = 71 months to break even. almost 6 years and the expected life of the panels is not much more than that. so even with the govt contribution (paid for by the rest of the taxpayers) its not a very good deal.

so youve been to every house in the country to confirm such a claim...NOT
one of the youtubers I watch spend his life installing systems in full off grid houses,,,but its the internet so it must be a lie

ITS CLEAR FROM YOUR COMMENT YOU ARE BLOWING SMOKE JUST FOR THE SAKE OF IT, AND NOT WORTH MORE OF MY TIME

How do you fly an airplane with solar energy?

Asking for a friend.

Large batteries.
Large HEAVY batteries.

Let's not forget that with liquid jet fuel the weight of the aircraft lessens as the fuel is consumed thereby extending the range of the aircraft. With a battery when the power is drained you still have to lug around the weight

I just had an awesome idea for detachable drone batteries that fly to collection points along the route....

The drone Vacuum Cleaners beat you to it. :10:

Yeah, because running over a floor sucking up dirt remotely is the same as detaching from a moving airplane and landing at a centralized collection point....

And having the ability to return to the docking station and recharge itself. It's the same concept.

consider the source...

one of the youtubers I watch spend his life installing systems in full off grid houses,,,but its the internet so it must be a lie

ITS CLEAR FROM YOUR COMMENT YOU ARE BLOWING SMOKE JUST FOR THE SAKE OF IT, AND NOT WORTH MORE OF MY TIME

sorry if facts piss you off, there may be people living off the grid on a mountaintop in Hawaii, but its not a life style that most people would like or choose.

run off if you want, I don't care.

Large batteries.
Large HEAVY batteries.

Let's not forget that with liquid jet fuel the weight of the aircraft lessens as the fuel is consumed thereby extending the range of the aircraft. With a battery when the power is drained you still have to lug around the weight

I just had an awesome idea for detachable drone batteries that fly to collection points along the route....

The drone Vacuum Cleaners beat you to it. :10:

Yeah, because running over a floor sucking up dirt remotely is the same as detaching from a moving airplane and landing at a centralized collection point....

And having the ability to return to the docking station and recharge itself. It's the same concept.

battery powered airplanes :abgg2q.jpg:

consider the source...

Yet here in the Rocky Mountains above where there are any powerlines or gas lines, Solar and Wind power is used for many homes. Suagge is done by leak fields, water is either hauled in or done by wells or natural springs, heat is done by hardwood. It's uncommon but not unheard of. My Sister has a place like that. The closest power line is over 2 miles away. It would cost over 50,000 bucks to string power into her place. She uses batteries in the evenings. Funny, as far out as she is, she has Wifi since she can see the city. So don't tell me that it's neither done nor it can't be done. High country residents are all like that. And there are more out there than you would imagine. You flatlanders are just wimps.

consider the source...

sorry if facts piss you off, there may be people living off the grid on a mountaintop in Hawaii, but its not a life style that most people would like or choose.

those arent facts because I have personally seen them and you can not have seen every house in the country to say zero

stop being a closed minded bigot and get out your cave and experience the world outside...its quite grand

consider the source...

Yet here in the Rocky Mountains above where there are any powerlines or gas lines, Solar and Wind power is used for many homes. Suagge is done by leak fields, water is either hauled in or done by wells or natural springs, heat is done by hardwood. It's uncommon but not unheard of. My Sister has a place like that. The closest power line is over 2 miles away. It would cost over 50,000 bucks to string power into her place. She uses batteries in the evenings. Funny, as far out as she is, she has Wifi since she can see the city. So don't tell me that it's neither done nor it can't be done. High country residents are all like that. And there are more out there than you would imagine. You flatlanders are just wimps.
daryl youre not saying redfish is full of it are you???

consider the source...

I am pushing 70 and it's not much different than when I was growing up. At one place we lived, the we thought we were lucky because the pump was in the kitchen and the outhouse was only 100 feet away. Heat was done by coal chunks and hardwood. The place was built right over a natural spring. The sewage was done by a leech field. Lights were done by coal oil lanterns. There were many Rocky Mountain High Country Folks that lived like that back then. And there are still some that live like that now. The only difference is, the poor lived like that then but now it's the Rich that live like that.

consider the source...

daryl youre not saying redfish is full of it are you???

I would say the same thing you are saying. He needs to get out more. He's trying to speak for my people. Us Rocky Mountain Stock can live off the Grid if we want to. We know how. Just most of us choose not to like some of us choose to live off the grid.

Forum List

Back