🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Renewables have won the race against coal

LOL...With a initial cost of 3 to 4 million dollars per unit, it would take YEARS to recoup the investment. Most wind turbine operations are owned an operated by one of the Left's biggest enemies, Mega corporations that have highly paid CEO's . Once again, leftists wanting to have it both ways. No can do.
Now, that is not to say there are not thousands of these things scattered about the landscape. The issue is, now environmental groups are now protesting their use and proposed locations.
For example, the once scenic mountain ridges near Scranton PA. gateway to the Poconos are now home to several dozen wind turbines. Locals are not happy. Many states have launched preemptive strikes against possible locations . Such as North Carolina which has banned them from the off shore water near the Outer Banks and banned them from the Scenic Blue Ridge . New York has banned them from the 6.5 million acre Adirondack Park. And of course the Kennedy clan saw fit to get them barred from the waters around Martha's Vineyard.
Look, wind generated energy is not beating anything. This article is loaded with opinion and sprinkled with few facts.
Wind generation is woefully inefficient and very expensive.
Read....How much do wind turbines cost?

Can we all at least agree that if this were true, it would be a good thing?
No....At this point, I'd much rater deal with solar farms. These wind turbines destroy otherwise scenic views of the countryside.
While they are initially fascinating to see for their engineering and sheer size, the novelty quickly wears off.
Plus, during summer when weather patterns typically slow and winds are light due to High Pressure systems which sit for weeks, wind turbines basically become idle .
They generate very little power.

Joe certainly is a touchy-feely kind guy. Too many pictures of him doing just what was described for him to deny it.

From the op, you hypocrite.

"One week after a white supremacist gunman opened fire inside two mosques, killing 50 people, the entire country observed a Muslim call to prayer. The event was televised nationwide. "

Like I said, liberal tolerance. Islam gets celebrated, while Christianity is purged.

I believe you engage in misinformation (and lies, really) when you say "liberals slam christians"

Many liberals (the majority?) are christians, themselves. They just happen to be more LIBERAL christians. It would be more accurate and honest to say liberals slam CONSERVATIVE CHRISTIANS.

The thing is....
when you slam liberals who consider themselves CHRISTIANS you, yourself, are "slamming christians"......just not CONSERVATIVE christians.

You do understand that NOT ALL CHRISTIANS are fundies?
do you?

or not?

When I slam liberals for what they say or do, I am not slamming "christians" in that I am not slamming them for BEING christians.

When the New Zealand government purges Christianity from the public prayer, as it did, it is denying the heritage and faith of New Zealand Christians BECAUSE they are Christians.

if they were Muslims, their faith was and is, and will be publicly celebrated.

Different rules for different folks.

It is called religious discrimination.
Has the new prayer removed 'Jesus' and replaced it with 'Allah' or something?
Perhaps you're upset because the prayer no longer discriminates in favour of your faith.

Note the double standard.

Islam is observed nation wide, and that is fine.

Meanwhile any reference to Christianity is considered discrimination against everyone else.
I'd be interested in your best evidence of Christianity being discriminated against in favour of Islam in NZ.
Removing Jesus from the parliamentary prayer doesn't count because it hasn't been replaced with any Islamic reference.

Joe certainly is a touchy-feely kind guy. Too many pictures of him doing just what was described for him to deny it.

When I slam liberals for what they say or do, I am not slamming "christians" in that I am not slamming them for BEING christians.

When the New Zealand government purges Christianity from the public prayer, as it did, it is denying the heritage and faith of New Zealand Christians BECAUSE they are Christians.

if they were Muslims, their faith was and is, and will be publicly celebrated.

Different rules for different folks.

It is called religious discrimination.
Has the new prayer removed 'Jesus' and replaced it with 'Allah' or something?
Perhaps you're upset because the prayer no longer discriminates in favour of your faith.

Note the double standard.

Islam is observed nation wide, and that is fine.

Meanwhile any reference to Christianity is considered discrimination against everyone else.
I'd be interested in your best evidence of Christianity being discriminated against in favour of Islam in NZ.
Removing Jesus from the parliamentary prayer doesn't count because it hasn't been replaced with any Islamic reference.

Whys all of a sudden is Jesus offensive in NZ?
As far as I know he isn't.
Why do you think otherwise?

Wow, the lies from the Left are amazing. If wind and solar were efficient and could actually provide for our energy needs they wouldn't comprise only a few percent of the U.S. total energy sources.
Nobody is lying Shmedley Dunbar.
The OP article is about the economic tipping point where
investing in renewables has become a no-brainer. ( which should make it especially easy for you deniers to understand)

As others have stated, "Think Progress" is not a legitimate source of information for anything. It is purely far left PROPAGANDA.

Can we all at least agree that if this were true, it would be a good thing?
No....At this point, I'd much rater deal with solar farms. These wind turbines destroy otherwise scenic views of the countryside.
While they are initially fascinating to see for their engineering and sheer size, the novelty quickly wears off.
Plus, during summer when weather patterns typically slow and winds are light due to High Pressure systems which sit for weeks, wind turbines basically become idle .
They generate very little power.

I appreciate your info and opinion but would contend that improvements in the near future will make wind a better solution than it is now.

I would go with a 4 pronged attack;

wind, solar, small hydros, oil

as we use/rely MORE on the first 3 we can minimize and eventually end our need for oil.

Maybe someday we can build a dyson sphere :)

Bankrupting the coal industry has an affect no?
THANKS Obama!

I remember my great grandfather complaining about cars destroying the horse and buggy industry.
I have friends and family in Kentucky in the coal industry...everyone is aware of the transition happening. Most of them say legalizing hemp will create more jobs than anything there right now. Even McConnell knows that and he introduced the bill a year ago. The tide is turning.

Forum List

Back