🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Renewables have won the race against coal

Can we all at least agree that if this were true, it would be a good thing?
No....At this point, I'd much rater deal with solar farms. These wind turbines destroy otherwise scenic views of the countryside.
While they are initially fascinating to see for their engineering and sheer size, the novelty quickly wears off.
Plus, during summer when weather patterns typically slow and winds are light due to High Pressure systems which sit for weeks, wind turbines basically become idle .
They generate very little power.

I appreciate your info and opinion but would contend that improvements in the near future will make wind a better solution than it is now.

I would go with a 4 pronged attack;

wind, solar, small hydros, oil

as we use/rely MORE on the first 3 we can minimize and eventually end our need for oil.

Maybe someday we can build a dyson sphere :)
Until new substances are developed to replace petro chemicals for the multitude of products we use and for commerce, a fuel source that is just as efficient or miore, delivers the same or better performance and is no more costly than present day sources, have at it. Until then , we must continue with what we have.
As to wind turbines,. Quite frankly there are better ways to generate energy.
Nothing beats Nuclear, Natural Gas fired plants and of course Hydro Power.
I do like the Dyson ball thing....

A Dyson ball is a vacuum cleaner!:D

Solar panels were a joke in the 70’s they aren’t all that great still. Nuclear plants are profitable due to length of service. Solar panels have such a sharp drop in performance in a short time you can never come close to breaking even.
I'll remember that next time I drive past the Navy base.
Navy-solar-installation-from-flickr1.jpg

th

th

Yeah, you have enough solar cells in that picture to charge a few cell phones! Coleman males a portable solar panel for you to use while camping. The thing is cumbersome and makes about as much electricity as rubbing a balloon on your hair!

Water covers 3/4 of the planet,
70 % of the planet's fresh water is frozen in Antarctica.
If that melts, what do you think will happen to it ?
Yes- it will mix with the ocean and become saltwater.
You realize how expensive desalination plants are ?
My 2 ton heavy hammer rests it's case.

The oceans will be much less salty, resulting in much easier desalinization.

I have a Tesla dirt ionizer.

You also have a mental disorder, but who is counting!
Coming from you, that's regarded as a high acheivement here at USMB .
Thank you ?

It seems to be the general consensus of everyone on this thread, except you.
Again thank you. You're really making my day Captain Pomeroy Arbuckle.
orwell.jpg

And Atlanta Georgia will be prime beach property.
( with a population of 100 million)

I have a Tesla dirt ionizer.

You also have a mental disorder, but who is counting!
Coming from you, that's regarded as a high acheivement here at USMB .
Thank you ?

It seems to be the general consensus of everyone on this thread, except you.
Again thank you. You're really making my day Captain Pomeroy Arbuckle.
View attachment 253609

That looks like a depiction of your brain escaping without you! How long as it been adrift?

Your lies are not humorous. When will you realize that you cannot pull the wool over people's eyes?

Solar panels were a joke in the 70’s they aren’t all that great still. Nuclear plants are profitable due to length of service. Solar panels have such a sharp drop in performance in a short time you can never come close to breaking even.
I'll remember that next time I drive past the Navy base.
Navy-solar-installation-from-flickr1.jpg

th

th

Yeah, you have enough solar cells in that picture to charge a few cell phones! Coleman males a portable solar panel for you to use while camping. The thing is cumbersome and makes about as much electricity as rubbing a balloon on your hair!

so.....

lib "it would be great if we could reduce our consumption of oil and rely more on wind, solar and water!"

con "you fkn idiot! you are so fkn stupid! and you hate GOD and America and you want to destroy our constitution ya stinking nazi/fascist/commy/muslim loving piece of shit!"
"OIL! JUST FKN OIL! NOW SHUT THE FUK UP!"

lib "but if we keep developing better technologies and use a multi-prong approach; wind,water,solar AND oil we can IMMEDIATELY start to reduce our dependency on oil!"

con "That's it....I'm reporting you to homeland security....next stop...Gitmo for you!"

It is always such a pleasure trying to reason with the unreasonable

And Atlanta Georgia will be prime beach property.

Climate "experts" have always sucked at their calculations on the oceans rising. They predict meters and get millimeters. They predict cities will be underwater and then bitch because lakes are drying up.

The reason is that no one considers evaporation. If we have global warming, more water vapor will form clouds which will cool the earth. More water vapor results in more precipitation and even more cooling. Mother Nature's thermostat is self-correcting.

Why is this never even mention by the AGW crowd?

Your lies are not humorous. When will you realize that you cannot pull the wool over people's eyes?
That's my line, Abner.

Going back and doubling down on stupid is a sure sign of a mental disorder. When will you stop referencing an old geezer suffering from Alzheimer's to prove your demented conspiracy theories?

The old fart couldn't even remember how long he served in the Army!

Climate "experts" have always sucked at their calculations on the oceans rising. They predict meters and get millimeters. They predict cities will be underwater and then bitch because lakes are drying up.

The reason is that no one considers evaporation. If we have global warming, more water vapor will form clouds which will cool the earth. More water vapor results in more precipitation and even more cooling. Mother Nature's thermostat is self-correcting.

Why is this never even mention by the AGW crowd?
I'm not in any 'crowd', first of all. I think on my own boots and may know less than you, but when say something ignorant like "Mother Nature's thermostat is self-correcting."then I realize you're just another clueless political hack with the same agenda as an industry that is the cancer of our planet, which makes you a carcinogen. Now run along Professor Newport breath.

Forum List

Back