Renewables you support-solar or wind.

What renewable source of energy do you support

• Total voters
Obviously you have never actually read anything at all about solar energy because you believe that it "runs out" "everytime a cloud goes by or it rains". :lol:

Enlighten us, what is the output of the best Solar Panels during thunderstorms?

Photovoltaics use ultraviolet rays and continue to perform at about 50% capacity during a thunderstom as opposed to zero output as erroneously alleged by your ignorant buddy.

50% or more, if the storm is severe enough output will zero. I have no Buddies here, why take cheap shots at me.

Photovoltaics energy output goes down to as little as 2% during severe weather conditions.

Photovoltaics use ultraviolet rays and continue to perform at about 50% capacity during a thunderstom as opposed to zero output as erroneously alleged by your ignorant buddy.

50% or more, if the storm is severe enough output will zero. I have no Buddies here, why take cheap shots at me.

Photovoltaics energy output goes down to as little as 2% during severe weather conditions.

just when you would need it the most

Your word carries zero weight around here given your failure to substantiate your allegations.

Your word carries zero weight around here given your failure to substantiate your allegations.

Your post is substantiation enough, when you only respond with personal attacks and allegations that are untrue, that is reflective of your lack of ability to provide any facts or logic to support your contentions and beliefs.

A press announcement from a Wind Turbine service company that provides wind measurement equipment is your source?

Now that is a big joke, there is zero technical data in the press announcement, zero, nothing showing costs or failures. Nothing showing even basic maintenance.

All this proves is you know nothing of your own link.

At best its a simple marketing piece advertising for a service company.

Your link is useless in supporting the claim you make.

Typical mindless response. You were provided with a credible link and you cannot refute a single fact so you pretend instead! :lol:

Advertising and Marketing from a corporation is considered credible? Hardly, keep trolling and flaming, its what your best at.

A press announcement from a Wind Turbine service company that provides wind measurement equipment is your source?

Now that is a big joke, there is zero technical data in the press announcement, zero, nothing showing costs or failures. Nothing showing even basic maintenance.

All this proves is you know nothing of your own link.

At best its a simple marketing piece advertising for a service company.

Your link is useless in supporting the claim you make.

Typical mindless response. You were provided with a credible link and you cannot refute a single fact so you pretend instead! :lol:

Advertising and Marketing from a corporation is considered credible? Hardly, keep trolling and flaming, its what your best at.

For someone who whines about "cheap shots" you have no problem slinging them around yourself but this is typical for a low information poster such as yourself who adds nothing in the way of value to this topic.

For someone who whines about "cheap shots" you have no problem slinging them around yourself but this is typical for a low information poster such as yourself who adds nothing in the way of value to this topic.

Your best at trolling, another cheap flame, once again your post has nothing to do with the thread, keep the personal attacks rolling and characterization of my post coming, they work, they distract from your post linking to advertisements from corporation as a "Credible Link".

Its nice to see your so upset with my facts you got to keep trolling and flaming my post.

Derideo_Te Links to a Corporation's marketing advertisement and calls that a credible link, ha, ha, ha!

The problem is - do you support worth while ignoring coal and oil?

If so, you are doing nothing but hurting the poor by raising the costs of energy to the point where it hurts their ability to eat and provide for other necessities.

Remember, it has taken nearly a century to bring coal and oil technologies to where they are today. Renewable energies are still in the shake-down stages and the side effects are still being studied.

I think we are being forced to use technologies that are not yet ready for the market - they will not survive at this moment without onerous government support.

If so, you are doing nothing but hurting the poor by raising the costs of energy to the point where it hurts their ability to eat and provide for other necessities.

Remember, it has taken nearly a century to bring coal and oil technologies to where they are today. Renewable energies are still in the shake-down stages and the side effects are still being studied.

I think we are being forced to use technologies that are not yet ready for the market - they will not survive at this moment without onerous government support.

Please substantiate "onerous government support", thank you.

I'm specifically referring to the billions spent supporting green companies that later went bankrupt! You want some specifics, do your own search.

I'm specifically referring to the billions spent supporting green companies that later went bankrupt! You want some specifics, do your own search.

In other words you don't have anything at all to support your allegation. Thank you for being honest enough to admit to your lack of substance when it comes to solar and wind energy.

In other words you don't have anything at all to support your allegation. Thank you for being honest enough to admit to your lack of substance when it comes to solar and wind energy.

The sad, inevitable results of the VC bubble and solar shakeout @ Rest in Peace: The List of Deceased Solar Companies : Greentech Media

President Obama's Taxpayer-Backed Green Energy Failures @ President Obama's Taxpayer-Backed Green Energy Failures

Among a very few

And yet you never produce a single credible link supporting your own allegations.

Its not an allegation, its something you can physically see, Solar Power farms are bigger in size than a Fossil Power plant that produces equal power, bigger in size does mean it takes more energy to produce, more natural resources. If you can not grasp something that simple no amount of links in the world will convince you.

Should I also provide a link to show you that the Sky is blue.

Links will not teach common sense.

Zero link = zero credibility!

How about some photo's? Everything has a cost, something which you all seem to forget.
Here's the visual cost, add to that the loss of ground for the critter that used to live under these things. A serious problem here in the Nevada desert where these will make life very difficult, if not impossible for the desert tortoise which is endangered.

jumilla_solar_farm.jpg

sunpoweronfarms.jpg

li-solar-farm-hr.jpg

solarpark_lieberose_02.jpg

applesolarfarmfromaboveasdfs.jpg

Desert-Sunlight-Solar-Farm.jpg

They would not exist without government support. Period. If you take away the massive government tax subsidies and the governments war on fossil fuels to drive up their cost, then renewables would be gone in under a year. They are totally non competitive with fossil fuels at the moment (and probably forever).

No, it's the other way around. You intentionally choose to ignore the costs of renewables. Just a typical response from one who wants to do good but doesn't know how to.

The sad, inevitable results of the VC bubble and solar shakeout @ Rest in Peace: The List of Deceased Solar Companies : Greentech Media

President Obama's Taxpayer-Backed Green Energy Failures @ President Obama's Taxpayer-Backed Green Energy Failures

Among a very few

So 10% of ventures fail? Sounds about normal given that the prior administration wrecked the economy. But it is hardly the "onerous" burden that you are pretending that it is. The war in Iraq cost more per month than all of those failures combined. And from the successes we get new jobs but the war in Iraq produced nothing of any value while harming the lives of some of our finest.

Is it even possible to know the exact cost of Solar Power, its extremely expensive and much of the cost is subsidized. How about all the Public Universities across the USA pumping tax dollars into Professors hands. I say its billions but try and find a figure, its impossible, if the facts are on the web they are obscured by all the junk results, stuff the Green Energy companies themselves pay to have found first.

So what is the burden and cost placed on us by using public Universities for failing Solar Policies.

The problem is Derideo -- that you NEED a lot of remedial tutorials to bring your common sense about solar PV effects up to date.

Electra is correct to assert that what you will get during a storm is close to zero.. Your eye is a bandlimited LOGARITHMIC detector --- whereas a PV panel is more linear and possibly (if you paid enough) wider band detector. Thus even TINY differences that your eye can barely detect will humble the output the output of a panel..

THIS ------ is a typical variation of a home installation due to weather conditions. MOST of the effect is not precipt, but simply cloud cover and shading from trees and chimneys and such..

The impact of clouds on your solar PV system | GreenEnergyNet.com

solar_pv_output_graph.jpg

Here is a vid showing barely ANY output on a cloudy day.. Less than 10% of rated generation...

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReqmFfLvRKc"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReqmFfLvRKc[/ame]

Among a very few

So 10% of ventures fail? Sounds about normal given that the prior administration wrecked the economy. But it is hardly the "onerous" burden that you are pretending that it is. The war in Iraq cost more per month than all of those failures combined. And from the successes we get new jobs but the war in Iraq produced nothing of any value while harming the lives of some of our finest.

The onerous burden is that $BILLS was committed and WASTED by the govt to chase ridiculous ideas to make America more competitive in the Solar Biz. At this point, the tech is FULLY MATURE and gimmicks (like Solyndra) have no market value.. The ONLY thing that matters at this point is cost of production and quality control.. ALL American solar companies save 3 or 4 have failed. And the remainder of the zombies are only living off Govt welfare and massive subsidies..

Last edited:

The problem is Derideo -- that you NEED a lot of remedial tutorials to bring your common sense about solar PV effects up to date.

Electra is correct to assert that what you will get during a storm is close to zero.. Your eye is a bandlimited LOGARITHMIC detector --- whereas a PV panel is more linear and possibly (if you paid enough) wider band detector. Thus even TINY differences that your eye can barely detect will humble the output the output of a panel..

THIS ------ is a typical variation of a home installation due to weather conditions. MOST of the effect is not precipt, but simply cloud cover and shading from trees and chimneys and such..

The impact of clouds on your solar PV system | GreenEnergyNet.com

solar_pv_output_graph.jpg

Here is a vid showing barely ANY output on a cloudy day.. Less than 10% of rated generation...

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReqmFfLvRKc"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReqmFfLvRKc[/ame]

Didn't even read your own link, did you?

domestic scale solar PV system...located in mid-Scotland

:lmao:

Forum List

Back