Renewing Driver's License

SuMar

VIP Member
Mar 16, 2010
So, the other day I went to renew my license. I had my birth certificate, my social security card and a current utility bill (all that is required to renew license).

Lines are always long and there is always "animated" folks that get frustrated. Well the man in front of me questioned the woman behind the counter about birth certificates and such. Then he asked her if he were someone who wasn't a legal citizen, how would he get a license or ID without having a birth certificate or ss# or even a work visa or green card. She answered by saying all he had to do was sign a document (that they provide) and take it to the testing locations if they are wanting a driver's license.

Then he responded by saying, I mean yelling, "WHAT THE F***? FOREIGNERS DON'T NEED PAPER WORK TO SHOW WHO THEY ARE?" Then she responded, "sir, I don't make the rules around here, I just follow them.

And here, I was giving my state too much credit for thinking that the birth certificate and legal documents were enforced with everyone. Silly me.

Plus, if Missouri has been doing this all along at some of the offices, then nobody better scream voter suppression.

So, the other day I went to renew my license. I had my birth certificate, my social security card and a current utility bill (all that is required to renew license).

Lines are always long and there is always "animated" folks that get frustrated. Well the man in front of me questioned the woman behind the counter about birth certificates and such. Then he asked her if he were someone who wasn't a legal citizen, how would he get a license or ID without having a birth certificate or ss# or even a work visa or green card. She answered by saying all he had to do was sign a document (that they provide) and take it to the testing locations if they are wanting a driver's license.

Then he responded by saying, I mean yelling, "WHAT THE F***? FOREIGNERS DON'T NEED PAPER WORK TO SHOW WHO THEY ARE?" Then she responded, "sir, I don't make the rules around here, I just follow them.

And here, I was giving my state too much credit for thinking that the birth certificate and legal documents were enforced with everyone. Silly me.

i went in for my very first license...and had all the documentation as you did.

the Indian behind the counter who i could barely understand said to me... "i need to see your green card."

excuse me? I have a birth certificate....

He said, "Yes, I see that. Everyone has a green card, I still need to your green card."

:eusa_hand:

I would report her. Illegal immigrants are not allowed to get a DL in your state.

Thousands of illegal immigrants obtained Missouri driver’s licenses - KansasCity.com

Here's a story about a bunch of folk who were arrested for the same thing.

The fault isn't hers, though - she is just following the orders given to her.

So people are not required to follow the law when their supervisors tell them not to? That's completely absurd.

Other than making you feel self righteous, what will denying them driving licenses (and insurance) accomplish? What, exactly, is your plan - deporting 10+ million people? Get real.

Other than making you feel self righteous, what will denying them driving licenses (and insurance) accomplish? What, exactly, is your plan - deporting 10+ million people? Get real.

Self righteous? How about the fact they cannot read a sign like "right lane closed 500 ft" when they are barreling along at 74mph? How about you get real?

Self righteous? How about the fact they cannot read a sign like "right lane closed 500 ft" when they are barreling along at 74mph? How about you get real?

Thanks for explaining the "real" problem. :cuckoo:

Thanks for explaining the "real" problem. :cuckoo:

You see no problem with people driving on our roadways who cannot read, or speak English? You're crazy.

Lines?

You guys need to update the way you operate your motor vehicle department. In other states. people have been taking numbers and sitting while they wait, for decades.

Lines?

You guys need to update the way you operate your motor vehicle department. In other states. people have been taking numbers and sitting while they wait, for decades.

People have been sitting for decades? Really...

Lines?

The office I go to is a small office. Two lines sectioned off, Plate tag renewal/registration & license & ID renewal - photo. Not a lot of room to add chairs like a waiting room.

But, however, at the license office you don't have the workers there giving out information that it's ok for illegal foreigners to get a license in a room full of Americans who, incidentally, receive in the mail instructions required to bring all the documentation to get the renewal. You're only adding fuel to the fire.

Forum List

Back