Rep Apologizes for Obama 'Tar Baby' Comment

The article states 'tar baby' is known from the old Uncle Remus stories but has 'more recently been known as a racial slur'.

Does anyone know when this became a racial slur and who decided it was a racial slur?

It became a racial slur when the left decided it was racist. Never mind that it is not a racial slur, and is a perfectly reasonable analogy in context.

Fucking left wing and their obsessional need to brand everyone as racists. Pathetic bunch of losers.... I guess if they don't have logic and fact to back them up, the only card left to play is 'race'.

You are a true idiot.

I posted several racial slur databases that clearly has the term in it.

Elvis posted a Saturday Night Live skit with Richard Pryor and Chevy Chase, where, they exchange racist terms..and "Tar Baby" is used.

This has been a racist slur since I can remember..and I can remember back to the 60s.

And still you hold on to this notion that somehow, someway..it's not.

Not only are you an idiot..but you are a loon.

The game of pool, especially 8 ball, is more racist than this congressman. How many of you moonbats wanna close down all the pool halls?....

The article states 'tar baby' is known from the old Uncle Remus stories but has 'more recently been known as a racial slur'.

Does anyone know when this became a racial slur and who decided it was a racial slur?

It became a racial slur when the left decided it was racist. Never mind that it is not a racial slur, and is a perfectly reasonable analogy in context.

Fucking left wing and their obsessional need to brand everyone as racists. Pathetic bunch of losers.... I guess if they don't have logic and fact to back them up, the only card left to play is 'race'.

You are a true idiot.

Elvis posted a Saturday Night Live skit with Richard Pryor and Chevy Chase, where, they exchange racist terms..and "Tar Baby" is used.

This has been a racist slur since I can remember..and I can remember back to the 60s.

Context. Look it up.

Idiot.

You are a true idiot.

Context. Look it up.

Idiot.

:lol:

Yeah..the Context is..

Racist.

Statement by Ben Jealous in 2009:

“We aren’t taking issue with the Tea Party itself. What we’re taking issue with is the perpetual tolerance for racist and, you know, and racist statements by their own folks. And they, you know, they need to just come out and say once and for all that there’s no place for bigots or– bigotry in our ranks and then back it up.”

Did this ever happen?? Did any tea bagger or even an old stuffed shirt Republican ever say anything like this?? I don't think so.

Am I wrong?? If so, I'd love to know.

The game of pool, especially 8 ball, is more racist than this congressman. How many of you moonbats wanna close down all the pool halls?....

Pool has a tar baby?

In the game of 8 ball is won when the white ball knocks the black ball completely off the table and into the pocket, that's definitely more racist than this current witch hunt you clowns are on......

Pool has a tar baby?

In the game of 8 ball is won when the white ball knocks the black ball completely off the table and into the pocket, that's definitely more racist than this current witch hunt you clowns are on......

Do you have to say:

"Tar Baby in the corner pocket" before the shot?

Pool has a tar baby?

Do you have to say:

no. but if the white one goes in when shooting at the 8 ball you lose.

Pool has a tar baby?

Do you have to say:

You can, but you'd lose in the same manner you're losing this debate, because you don't understand context......

You are a true idiot.

Context. Look it up.

Idiot.

:lol:

Yeah..the Context is..

Racist.

No. It was not.

Moron.

If he had called Obama a tar baby, I would agree with you. But that is not what he said, and this is race baiting. Race baiting is as abhorrent as racism. It is, in fact, racism... in that it is using race as a weapon against another person.

Anyone with an average intellect can quite easily see the difference.

You people (and by 'you people' I mean anyone who claims the phrase 'tar baby' is racist) is a fucking fool.

Do you have to say:

You can, but you'd lose in the same manner you're losing this debate, because you don't understand context......

For the idoits in the thread. Driveby is black. I am white. If I say to Driveby 'you're a tar baby', I can legitimately be accused of racism. If I say to Driveby 'your post is gonna be a tar baby in future', that is not. It means that he will be judged by his words or his actions.

How the fuck can anyone not see this?

Seriously.

Far too much stupid in America these days.

Do you have to say:

For the idoits in the thread. Driveby is black. I am white. If I say to Driveby 'you're a tar baby', I can legitimately be accused of racism. If I say to Driveby 'your post is gonna be a tar baby in future', that is not. It means that he will be judged by his words or his actions.

Seriously.

I take no offense to the congressmans statement because:

1) I understand the meaning of the word "context".

2) I'm not a race baiting moonbat looking to score cheap political points.

The liberals in this thread, not so much......

Seriously.

I take no offense to the congressmans statement because:

1) I understand the meaning of the word "context".

2) I'm not a race baiting moonbat looking to score cheap political points.

The liberals in this thread, not so much......

What I find scary is that it isn't just the left.... some of 'em are actually normally very rational posters.

“We aren’t taking issue with the Tea Party itself. What we’re taking issue with is the perpetual tolerance for racist and, you know, and racist statements by their own folks. And they, you know, they need to just come out and say once and for all that there’s no place for bigots or– bigotry in our ranks and then back it up.”

Did this ever happen?? Did any tea bagger or even an old stuffed shirt Republican ever say anything like this?? I don't think so.

There are bigots in the Democrat Party.... it's excused as a 'big tent'. So you can fuck off holding other people to a different standard.

When the Democrats have no bigots in their midst, then - and only then - can they bitch about others.

Idiot.

Pool has a tar baby?

Do you have to say:

Why don't you call me a racist in public - on the board - instead of in private? "
Tar Baby is racist. Much like yourself.
" Fortunately, you lost any credibility long ago. :lol:

You are nothing more than a race baiting bullshit artist.... and you're not a very talented artist. Asshole.

Last edited:

There are bigots in the Democrat Party.... it's excused as a 'big tent'. So you can fuck off holding other people to a different standard.

When the Democrats have no bigots in their midst, then - and only then - can they bitch about others.

Idiot.

Where do I hold anyone to a different standard?? Also, look at what I asked and then look how you responded. As usual, you did not answer the question. All you did was avoid the question, state the obvious, and tell a lie. So you can fuck off, how's that???

Idiot.

Where do I hold anyone to a different standard?? Also, look at what I asked and then look how you responded. As usual, you did not answer the question. All you did was avoid the question, state the obvious, and tell a lie. So you can fuck off, how's that???

You're a pig ignorant, lying, fat assed bitch.

To review.... this is what he said:

“Even if some people say, ‘Well, the Republicans should have done this or they should have done that,’ they will hold the president responsible. Now, I don’t even want to have to be associated with him. It’s like touching a tar baby and you get it, you’re stuck, and you’re a part of the problem now and you can’t get away.”

Now, to review the origins of the phrase 'tar baby'. It originates from the 19th-century Uncle Remus stories. In one particular story, B'rer Fox makes a doll out of a lump of tar and uses it to trap B'rer Rabbit. B'rer Rabbit gets more and more stuck the more he hits and kicks the tar baby.

Anyone with an IQ over room temperature can easily understand the context. So, can someone please clearly and logically explain how the fuck that comment is racist.

Forum List

Back