Rep Apologizes for Obama 'Tar Baby' Comment

What's he supposed to be sorry about?
He supposed to be sorry that thin-skinned race-card-playing liberoidal pussies are offended at the drop of a hat.

Who would anyone even use that term anymore? Some old white toothless teabag idiot probably.

Maybe some of them should try stepping into this century. Damn they're so dumb.
I don't think the Congressman fits that description. But I don't think he should have said it anyway.

It is just like the lipstick on a pig comment by Obama! He meant nothing by it. PCness douche bags like you make a mountain out of a mole hill! He wasn't being racist, rather he was using a common phrase for a sticky situation! Nothing racist about it! In fact it came about from Br'er Rabbit!

Tar baby - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Am I not allowed to order ribs and watermelon (two foods I LOVED and love them together), because their associated with black people?

PCness is out of control!
i

This from your own source....
The expression tar baby is also used occasionally as a derogatory term for black people (in the U.S. it refers to African-Americans; in New Zealand it refers to Maori). As a result, some people suggest avoiding the use of the term in any context

And what is your point? He was clearly meaning a sticky situation!

God, you can't seriously be this dense. What the fuck do you think "avoiding the use of the term in any context" means? It means don't use the term unless you don't care about the derogatory meaning it construes. Your own source blows your entire argument out of the water.

Last edited:
i

This from your own source....

God, you can't seriously be this dense. What the fuck do you think "avoiding the use of the term in any context" means? It means don't use the term unless you don't care about the derogatory meaning it construes. Your own source blows your entire argument out of the water.

you may want to ask yourself the same question

Obama Obama Obama.......tar baby
Obama Obama Obama.......spear chucker
Obama Obama Obama.......Coon
Obama Obama Obama.......******

I am pretty sure if you are having a conversation (especially as an elected official) and you say his name and use any of the names I listed above in the same talking point, ITS NOT A GOOD IDEA. (At least not out loud, fucking racists.)

He supposed to be sorry that thin-skinned race-card-playing liberoidal pussies are offended at the drop of a hat.

Who would anyone even use that term anymore? Some old white toothless teabag idiot probably.

Maybe some of them should try stepping into this century. Damn they're so dumb.
I don't think the Congressman fits that description. But I don't think he should have said it anyway.

He is worse...he can sway laws.

I am pretty sure if you are having a conversation (especially as an elected official) and you say his name and use any of the names I listed above in the same talking point, ITS NOT A GOOD IDEA. (At least not out loud, fucking racists.)

you're getting more stupid by the post

you may want to ask yourself the same question

You're the one that can't tell the difference between a statement and a question.

Are you ever going to actually contribute something to the discussion besides
insulting people?

A nation of pussies.

I weep for America.

That's what you find troubling? i'd be far more concerned about the racist pos in office in colorado.

I'd be far more concerned about people labeling other people as 'racist' just because they disagree with their politics. Race baiting is racism. In that regard, I see a whole hell of a lot of racism in this thread.... but it ain't from the right wing.

Are you ever going to actually contribute something to the discussion besides
insulting people?

are you ever going to stop being a whiny bitch?

A nation of pussies.

I weep for America.

That's what you find troubling? i'd be far more concerned about the racist pos in office in colorado.

I'd be far more concerned about people labeling other people as 'racist' just because they disagree with their politics. Race baiting is racism. In that regard, I see a whole hell of a lot of racism in this thread.... but it ain't from the right wing.

I'm sure there's racism in this thread from both sides. but the Congressman shouldn't have used those words.

The article states 'tar baby' is known from the old Uncle Remus stories but has 'more recently been known as a racial slur'.

Does anyone know when this became a racial slur and who decided it was a racial slur?

The article states 'tar baby' is known from the old Uncle Remus stories but has 'more recently been known as a racial slur'.

Does anyone know when this became a racial slur and who decided it was a racial slur?

It became a racial slur when the left decided it was racist. Never mind that it is not a racial slur, and is a perfectly reasonable analogy in context.

Fucking left wing and their obsessional need to brand everyone as racists. Pathetic bunch of losers.... I guess if they don't have logic and fact to back them up, the only card left to play is 'race'.

I'm sure there's racism in this thread from both sides. but the Congressman shouldn't have used those words.

I really don't see why he shouldn't. Logically, in context, there is nothing race related about it. They are words. Words in themselves are not racist. What makes them racist is the context in which they are used.

For example.... a lot of my friends call me 'Yank'. They don't mean to be unkind.... it's just a word... meaning 'American'. There have been times when someone has called me a 'Yank', and meant it to be nasty. Then I take offense.... because in the context they use it, it is meant to be an insult.

Context is vital.

/wave What are you doing so far from home? :razz:

There are terrorist groups out there that never murdered anyone. All they do is destroy property or do damage that doesn't involve killing people.

US Court: Domestic Terrorism Includes Non-Violence | Presstorm Media
Animal Liberation Front - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Earth Liberation Front - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and how does that make it OK for the VP to call me a terrorist?

If he did?

Nope.

I don't think it's kosher to call the President a gangster, thug, marxist, liar and a host of other nicities blurted out by Republican politicians either.

Civility should be the order in politics.

But it was ok when the President wasn't a Democrat, right?

Fucking hypocrite.

Quite frankly, this congressman is a jackass. Racism is and always will be an issue in this country. Not sure what his actual intent was, but as an educated man, he should have been smarter than that

Forum List

Back