Rep Apologizes for Obama 'Tar Baby' Comment

White people. If you feel as thought the term 'tar baby' is not offensive to blacks, go up to one, the biggest one you can find, and call him one. Let us know how it turned out. Pussy's behind keyboards.

California girl is the biggest apologist of everything right I have ever seen. Wow.

that'd be relevant if anyone had actually called obama a tar baby. as it is, not so much...

keep swinging corky :thup:

Why is that "funny"?

The Weatherman tried not to hurt anyone..but wound up killing several people.

Not so sure about the Tea Party..yet.

But it seems that Cantor had a magic bullet problem a while back..

:lol:

Eric Cantor and the Magic Bullet - Coop's Corner - CBS News

Seems to have taken a page out of Rove's book.

Funny because I knew you would lie about not meaning to hurt anyone.

Ayres, who in 1970 was said to have summed up the Weatherman philosophy as: “Kill all the rich people. Break up their cars and apartments. Bring the revolution home, Kill your parents, that’s where it’s really at.

Then use a loaded accusation against the TP, again.

Yeah..Ayers was known for being pretty sarcastic. Interestingly enough..was he ever charged with Murder? Or anything?

G. Gordon Liddy..who really has killed people by his own admission..did what..several years in jail before he started whining? Then threatened to point to graves?

And um..Orlando Bosch..remember him? Real life terrorist. Guess who gave him a pardon.

Oh yeah. George HW Bush. The guy bombs a plane..KILLING OVER 70 people...and Poppa Bush? Lets him loose.

Killed real people.

So go on.

Pals around with terrorists? Heck the Bushes..open businesses with their families and let them loose. And who the fuck funded that crazy bastard before he planned and executed 9/11.

adjust your meds- you've lost it.

White people. If you feel as thought the term 'tar baby' is not offensive to blacks, go up to one, the biggest one you can find, and call him one. Let us know how it turned out. Pussy's behind keyboards.

California girl is the biggest apologist of everything right I have ever seen. Wow.

that'd be relevant if anyone had actually called obama a tar baby. as it is, not so much...

Sammy Sosa?

Funny because I knew you would lie about not meaning to hurt anyone.

Ayres, who in 1970 was said to have summed up the Weatherman philosophy as: “Kill all the rich people. Break up their cars and apartments. Bring the revolution home, Kill your parents, that’s where it’s really at.

Then use a loaded accusation against the TP, again.

Yeah..Ayers was known for being pretty sarcastic. Interestingly enough..was he ever charged with Murder? Or anything?

G. Gordon Liddy..who really has killed people by his own admission..did what..several years in jail before he started whining? Then threatened to point to graves?

And um..Orlando Bosch..remember him? Real life terrorist. Guess who gave him a pardon.

Oh yeah. George HW Bush. The guy bombs a plane..KILLING OVER 70 people...and Poppa Bush? Lets him loose.

Killed real people.

So go on.

Pals around with terrorists? Heck the Bushes..open businesses with their families and let them loose. And who the fuck funded that crazy bastard before he planned and executed 9/11.

Naw.

Just letting you guys know..that we are well aware of your terrorist ties.

Oh..sorry..Freedom Fighters!

Killed real people.

So go on.

Naw.

no, you've lost it. sorry, but that's the way it is.

did joe biden call you and tell you to up the terrorist count? :lol:

so black people are violent? over a children's story.. wow..

Naw.

English Del..I don't speak bird...I eat them

So English..or Wolf or get in my belly!

Slavery

Lynchings

Jim Crow

Children's stories? mmmm, not so much. But you knew that.

Who said anything about violence?

Who said anything about violence?

Willow did. ;)

Naw.

English Del..I don't speak bird...I eat them

So English..or Wolf or get in my belly!

your inability to comprehend isn't my problem, lupus

He apologized for the stupid people and for political purposes. Tar baby is not a racist term. Niggardly is not a racist term. Some people are just stupid. Others are just looking for a reason to distract from Obama's horrid performance as POTUS.

GOP Rep. Doug Lamborn of Colorado has apologized to President Obama for using the controversial phrase "tar baby" in a talk-radio discussion of the president's economic policies (specifically, "I don't want to be associated with him. It's like touching a tar baby and you get it, you're stuck").

According to the Huffington Post, the term "tar baby" has origins going back to an 1881 Uncle Remus story by writer Joel Chandler Harris and can be used to imply that a situation is difficult to solve. It has recently developed more derogatory connotations related to African Americans.

Lamborn, who has been called the most conservative member of Congress, was of course only familiar with the "difficult to solve" definition. And he's already decided that the president will accept his apology, telling the Denver Post, "I am sure that he will not take offense and that he'll be happy to accept my apology because he is a man of character."

The Tea Partier may be right. With a record of voting to the right of 96 percent of his colleagues on economic issues and 93 percent on social issues, Lamborn's poor choice of words (he says in retrospect that he would have used "quagmire" instead) reflects badly on his judgment and vocabulary (and perhaps his subconscious), but it's probably the least of the president's problems with him. Rep Apologizes for Obama Tar Baby Comment

Just what the Tea Party needs right now. The only thing I agree with him on is that Obama will probably accept his apology. I hope the voters don't.

It rather sad that the man is in trouble for this particular metaphor because metaphorically that was a good choice

The fact that tar is black and so too is Obama was not, I suspect, his point.

Tar baby is a well understood metphor to describe something that is a trap, and having NOTHING to do with RACISM.

It's time we Americans grew up when it comes to issue of race.

And in this case, its the DEMS who really ought to grow up.

So you're saying that Democrats somehow re-wrote societal norms so that the term "tar baby" is considered a racial slur.

He apologized for the stupid people and for political purposes. Tar baby is not a racist term. Niggardly is not a racist term. Some people are just stupid. Others are just looking for a reason to distract from Obama's horrid performance as POTUS.

What makes you think you gets to decide what's racist towards blacks and what's not?

GOP Rep. Doug Lamborn of Colorado has apologized to President Obama for using the controversial phrase "tar baby" in a talk-radio discussion of the president's economic policies (specifically, "I don't want to be associated with him. It's like touching a tar baby and you get it, you're stuck").

According to the Huffington Post, the term "tar baby" has origins going back to an 1881 Uncle Remus story by writer Joel Chandler Harris and can be used to imply that a situation is difficult to solve. It has recently developed more derogatory connotations related to African Americans.

Lamborn, who has been called the most conservative member of Congress, was of course only familiar with the "difficult to solve" definition. And he's already decided that the president will accept his apology, telling the Denver Post, "I am sure that he will not take offense and that he'll be happy to accept my apology because he is a man of character."

The Tea Partier may be right. With a record of voting to the right of 96 percent of his colleagues on economic issues and 93 percent on social issues, Lamborn's poor choice of words (he says in retrospect that he would have used "quagmire" instead) reflects badly on his judgment and vocabulary (and perhaps his subconscious), but it's probably the least of the president's problems with him. Rep Apologizes for Obama Tar Baby Comment

Just what the Tea Party needs right now. The only thing I agree with him on is that Obama will probably accept his apology. I hope the voters don't.

:lmao:

Until now, I've only been aware of the term's usage as a racial slur.

But now that I know it has another meaning I can't wait to work it into a conversation. :thup:

What makes you think you gets to decide what's racist towards blacks and what's not?

I don't. In this case we have the entire context, so all we have to do is read what he said. Anyone he reads what he said will quickly realize that he wasn't using "tar baby" as a racist term.

Fair enough. Saying obama obama obama and then mentioning the words tar baby is fine righty? I am being serious here..if this guy said something like this in public pre Obama, then maybe this was not done on purpose. Has he ever said this before pre obama...? Of course not.

Gotcha. You are being disingenuous if you really are saying he did not do this on purpose.

wink wink nudge nudge....hey republicans, just reminding you I am with you....brb, now I will apologize to him and my apologists will make everything right.

Tar baby, please.

Last edited:
I think white conservatives should go into black neighborhoods or just stop random black people on the street and use the term tar baby, then come back and report on the outcome.

Forum List

Back