Rep. McCaul: Suspend 13,000 Visas of West Africans Traveling to U.S.

TheAmerican

May 4, 2014
1. "There is a lot of talk about banning flights. I think we need to target more the individual themselves and look at the idea of potentially temporarily suspending the thirteen thousand visas that would be coming out of this region -- allowing health care workers to go in, because they have to contain the threat -- but then when it comes to the...original population out of West Africa leaving -- I think until this gets under control, that's a measure that policymakers ought to be looking at," McCaul told CBS's "Face the Nation" with Bob Schieffer.

Schieffer said that officials at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention are may start sending Ebola patients in the U.S. to just one of four designated hospitals -- in Atlanta, at the National Institutes of Health in Washington, in Montana or in Nebraska.

"Well, I think that may be wise because they are best-- they have the expertise to deal with this very horrific virus and we had five cases," McCaul said.

I think we need to target more the individual themselves and look at the idea of potentially temporarily suspending the thirteen thousand visas that would be coming out of this region

Common Sense tells you this is the smart thing to do, makes you wonder why it has not been done yet.

Forum List

Back