Rep. Peter King mulls 2016 presidential bid

King is interesting - but I don't know that much about him.
When I have seen and heard from him, he strikes me as a backroom wheeler-dealer type. More what you'd like to see from your VP. Maybe comes off a bit too much like an angry old man for POTUS imho.

But there's plenty of time to take a much better look at the hopefuls.

I think King has already rubbed too many people the wrong way. Would be an uphill battle for him. As I've stated for a couple years no....we need fresh faces with fresh ideas. DC is stuck in a partisan rut and we need someone who thinks outside the box to shake up the status quo.

I think King has already rubbed too many people the wrong way. Would be an uphill battle for him. As I've stated for a couple years no....we need fresh faces with fresh ideas. DC is stuck in a partisan rut and we need someone who thinks outside the box to shake up the status quo.

IMHO: The biggest hurdle he faces is his willingness to piss off the far right.
Can the GOP nominate a candidate that hasn't spent the requisite 8 years kissing far right butt?

I'd like to say yes - but I'll have to see it first.

When I have seen and heard from him, he strikes me as a backroom wheeler-dealer type. More what you'd like to see from your VP. Maybe comes off a bit too much like an angry old man for POTUS imho.

Absolutely.

But he's got some crosses to bear. He opened up an "investigation" (read witch hunt) into American/Islamic terrorism.

It was a dismal failure..and made him look bigoted.

Lately, he's been getting more moderate. I was wondering why..now I know.

Absolutely.

But he's got some crosses to bear. He opened up an "investigation" (read witch hunt) into American/Islamic terrorism.

King has long been an embarrassment to his native Long Island.

Absolutely.

Moderate might not be a good thing in terms of winning the GOP nomination.

I don't know the particulars of his "investigation" into American-muslim terrorists, but without knowing the details I have to say that we can be pretty certain that muslim extremeists/terrorists are surely in the U.S. and I wouldn't necessarily call an investigation into that a "witch hunt." I'll agree that the potential for turning such an investigation into a witch hunt is certainly there. I just don't know it that's what happened in this case.

Last edited:

Absolutely.

King has long been an embarrassment to his native Long Island.

So much so they've kept re-electing him.
In a district that is trending Democratic no less.

I hope he stays in long enough to have his opponents expose his aid to terrorists before becoming Congressman.

Only Republicans would elevate a terrorist co-conspirator to Congressman, then Homeland Security committee.

whatever kind of president he would be it doesnt matter -- he has absolutely no chance -- NONE of getting nominated much less getting elected.

And he doesnt have a chance of being picked as VP either if that is his real goal (at least that wouldnt be as delusional as a goal as really thinking you could be nominated and / or elected).

And apart from his own personal credentials or lack thereof, members of congress dont get elected President of the United States. There is a reason for that,

Forum List

Back