Zone1 REPARATION NOW! The US Owes $350,000 To Every Black American

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whites did it Some white republicans supported it and created an amendment to make it legal. Todays republican party would support slavery as theyare the ones defending the confederacy.

Republicans were in the KKK , a Republican made the decision that ended reconstruction, and 4 of the 7 votes that made Jim Crow a national policy were republicans.

Whites did it

White Democrats did it.

Some white republicans supported it and created an amendment to make it legal.

Creating an Amendment to prevent civil war doesn't mean they supported the
evil done by white Democrats.

Republicans were in the KKK ,

Which Republicans? Link?

a Republican made the decision that ended reconstruction

And after he did that, Democrats repressed blacks, again, and wrote Jim Crow laws.

I think you need to study this matter more thoroughly Michelle. Very few Africans willingly sold other Africans and if you study this more you will see the difference between the chattel slavery practiced here and what was called slaver in Africa. Last, there is no sale with no buyer and non whites did not travel into Europe with slaves to sell. Whites invaded Africa and they were armed.

Very few Africans willingly sold other Africans

And look at the damage those few did.

Last, there is no sale with no buyer

And yet, there was slavery in Africa long before white buyers showed up.

I was born black. I didn't need to take a class. What I have learned by study is that what happened in slavery is not accutaely described when people say Africans sold Africans.

You have a nice weekend as well.
So. You don't know about being a woman but I am sure in women's studies you would learn. I am done in this thread so I am not replying after this. I do think what's most important is we agree on reparations. It don't think it as important that our reasons for support have to match.

Since it is admitted by professionals in law enforcement that the system is racist, asking how many blacks are in jail without considering discrepancy in sentencing by race shows your ignorance. Very few blacks can read or write,welfare is based on income and racism causes blacks to be paid less for doing the same work when everything else is the same and out of wedlock births dkn't mean anything. Most of those women have boyfriends or their fathers do show up.

So like I said....

Don't be afraid of math. Didn't your people invent math? Use it.

Answer the questions. Or run away............

Very few blacks can read or write,

Is that why their income is lower? Why their employment is lower?

I was born black. I didn't need to take a class. What I have learned by study is that what happened in slavery is not accutaely described when people say Africans sold Africans.

You have a nice weekend as well.

1695485593083.png

Of course not. They sold the people of the tribes they defeated into slavery.

“In 1965, Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan’s report, The Negro Family: The Case for National Action, attributed racial inequality as well as poverty and crime in the black community to family structure, particularly the prevalence of families headed by single mothers. Not only did research at the time cast doubt on this causality, but evidence over the last the 50 years demonstrates that rates of child poverty, educational attainment, and crime do not track rates of single parenthood. Thus, even though the share of children living with a single mother rose for all racial and ethnic groups through the mid-1990s and has remained high since then, school completion and youth arrests for violent crimes have declined significantly, while poverty rates have fluctuated according to economic conditions. Family structure does not drive racial inequity, and racia linequity persists regardless of family structure.”

-Amy Traub, Laura Sullivan, Tatjana Meschede and ThomasShapiro, DEMOS, “The Asset Value of Whiteness:Understanding the Racial Wealth Gap.”

OK, I'm going to post this once again for all you Africans sold each other whites in this thread.

America had every chance not to implement slavery. We are told how the so-called founders of this country created the way to end slavery when they wrote the constitution. Many will cite the fact they made the importation of slaves illegal by 1808 as evidence. But refusing to stop importing slaves did not end the slaving business in the United States. What it produced was an original American industry-slave breeding.

“During the fifty-three years from the prohibition of the African slave trade by federal law in 1808 to the debacle of the Confederate States of America in 1861, the Southern economy depended on the functioning of a slave-breeding industry, of which Virginia was the number-one supplier.”

Ned & Constance Sublette, The American Slave Coast: A History of the Slave-Breeding Industry, Chicago, Lawrence Hill Books, 2016

If America had continued to import slaves, it would have diluted the market, thereby driving down the price of slaves. Slave sellers could not have this. So instead of the truth, we are told that “our nearer to God than thee” founders, in all their benevolent glory, looked towards a future whereby slavery would be no more. According to some, the so-called founders had a dream whereby little black boys and little black girls would no longer be enslaved because of the color of their skin. This is the story we are supposed to believe. However, reality does not show that.

“In fact, most American slaves were not kidnapped on another continent. Though over 12.7 million Africans were forced onto ships to the Western hemisphere, estimates only have 400,000-500,000 landing in present-day America. How then to account for the four million black slaves who were tilling fields in 1860? “The South,” the Sublettes write, “did not only produce tobacco, rice, sugar, and cotton as commodities for sale; it produced people.” Slavers called slave-breeding “natural increase,” but there was nothing natural about producing slaves; it took scientific management. Thomas Jefferson bragged to George Washington that the birth of black children was increasing Virginia’s capital stock by four percent annually.”

Ned & Constance Sublette, The American Slave Coast: A History of the Slave-Breeding Industry, Chicago, Lawrence Hill Books, 2016

“According to database-backed estimates by David Eltis and David Richardson, only about 389,000 kidnapped Africans were disembarked in the ports of the present-day United States, the majority of them before independence.” “By 1860, those few hundred thousand Africans had given way to four million African Americans.”

Ned & Constance Sublette, The American Slave Coast: A History of the Slave -Breeding Industry

According to this information , 389,000 slaves landed on the shores of what is now America. By 1860, there were four million slaves living here. The importation of slaves was made illegal in 1808. So from 1808 until 1860, the number of slaves increased by at least one thousand percent. If we allow for the Africans selling each other, Africans would be responsible for approximately 389 thousand slaves. What about the 3.1-4 million additional slaves?

The white controlled slave breeding "industry" IN AMERICA created 10 times more blacks than the number that came from Africans who "sold other Africans".

Nope. America made slavery legal.
My Congo idea was more of a euphemism....
Most people always knew slavery was wrong and that it was perpetrated by those in power as all bad laws are..... in which case I agree that if the government in specific cases should be held liable I have no problem with that but it's not worth having a blanket discussion and teaching our kids that they shouldn't have to work because they're great great great grandfather was a slave.

And even those guys are rolling in their graves at the way black men have abandoned their families in America.

OK, I'm going to post this once again for all you Africans sold each other whites in this thread.

America had every chance not to implement slavery. We are told how the so-called founders of this country created the way to end slavery when they wrote the constitution. Many will cite the fact they made the importation of slaves illegal by 1808 as evidence. But refusing to stop importing slaves did not end the slaving business in the United States. What it produced was an original American industry-slave breeding.

“During the fifty-three years from the prohibition of the African slave trade by federal law in 1808 to the debacle of the Confederate States of America in 1861, the Southern economy depended on the functioning of a slave-breeding industry, of which Virginia was the number-one supplier.”

If America had continued to import slaves, it would have diluted the market, thereby driving down the price of slaves. Slave sellers could not have this. So instead of the truth, we are told that “our nearer to God than thee” founders, in all their benevolent glory, looked towards a future whereby slavery would be no more. According to some, the so-called founders had a dream whereby little black boys and little black girls would no longer be enslaved because of the color of their skin. This is the story we are supposed to believe. However, reality does not show that.

“In fact, most American slaves were not kidnapped on another continent. Though over 12.7 million Africans were forced onto ships to the Western hemisphere, estimates only have 400,000-500,000 landing in present-day America. How then to account for the four million black slaves who were tilling fields in 1860? “The South,” the Sublettes write, “did not only produce tobacco, rice, sugar, and cotton as commodities for sale; it produced people.” Slavers called slave-breeding “natural increase,” but there was nothing natural about producing slaves; it took scientific management. Thomas Jefferson bragged to George Washington that the birth of black children was increasing Virginia’s capital stock by four percent annually.”

“According to database-backed estimates by David Eltis and David Richardson, only about 389,000 kidnapped Africans were disembarked in the ports of the present-day United States, the majority of them before independence.” “By 1860, those few hundred thousand Africans had given way to four million African Americans.”

Ned & Constance Sublette, The American Slave Coast: A History of the Slave -Breeding Industry

According to this information , 389,000 slaves landed on the shores of what is now America. By 1860, there were four million slaves living here. The importation of slaves was made illegal in 1808. So from 1808 until 1860, the number of slaves increased by at least one thousand percent. If we allow for the Africans selling each other, Africans would be responsible for approximately 389 thousand slaves. What about the 3.1-4 million additional slaves?

The white controlled slave breeding "industry" IN AMERICA created 10 times more blacks than the number that came from Africans who "sold other Africans".

But refusing to stop importing slaves did not end the slaving business in the United States. What it produced was an original American industry-slave breeding.

Why didn't the same thing happen in the Arab countries that imported slaves?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back