Repealing the second amendment...

Crime control is fine but doesn’t have anything to with the question if gun control reduces violence. I’d say our gun laws, for the most part, reduces access and takes guns and fire power out of more criminal hands than law abiding citizens. If that’s the case then it would likely be a factor in reducing violence. I don’t think you are making a strong argument at all

You mean except for actual research on the topic of gun control and reducing violence?

Gun control doesn’t reduce crime, violence, say studies

The National Academy of Sciences issued a 328-page report based on 253 journal articles, 99 books, 43 government publications, a survey of 80 different gun-control laws and some of its own independent study.

In short, the panel could find no link between restrictions on gun ownership and lower rates of crime, firearms violence or even accidents with guns.

And how about Britain...they banned and confiscated guns....and their gun crime rate has only gone up.....27% across the whole country last year, and up 42% in London alone, and their violent crime rate is higher than ours and going up....

How do you explain that since they banned guns.....? Kind of makes your point kinda silly....
No I think my point makes perfect sense. Criminals and crimes are always going to exist. Question is do we want to make it harder for them to access firepower or not? I’d rather a criminal have a pistol over a machine gun. I’d rather a criminal have a knife over a pistol. I’d rather a criminal have to seek out these weapons on the black market instead of be able to easily purchase at a store. #commonsense

The way you achieve what you want....long prison sentences for gun criminals...anything else is just stupid....

Japan’s gun control laws so strict the Yakuza turn to toy pistols

Ryo Fujiwara, long-time writer on yakuza affairs and author of the book, The Three Yamaguchi-Gumi, says that the punishment for using a gun in a gang war or in a crime is now so heavy that most yakuza avoid their use at all – unless it is for an assassination.

“In a hit, whoever fires the gun, or is made to take responsibility for firing the gun, has to pretty much be willing to go to jail for the rest of their life. That’s a big decision. The repercussions are big, too. No one wants to claim responsibility for such acts – the gang office might actually get shut-down.”

The gang typically also has to support the family of the hit-man while he is in prison, which is also a financial burden for the organization.

Japan’s Firearms and Swords Control Laws make it a crime to illegally possess a gun, with a punishment of jail time of up to 10 years.

Illegal possession more than one gun, the penalty goes up to 15 years in prison.

If you own a gun and matching ammunition, that’s another charge and a heavier penalty. The most severe penalty is for the act of discharging a gun in a train, on a bus, or most public spaces, which can result in a life sentence.

---

A low-ranking member of the Kobe-Yamaguchi-gumi put it this way: “All of the smart guys got rid of their guns a long-time ago. The penalties are way too high. You get life in prison if you just fire a gun. That’s not fun.”
I’m fine for striked punishment for gun crimes. I think we already have pretty strict punishment. Your argument still doesn’t address the point that making access harder for criminals will reduce violence and that is the purpose of gun control laws. I agree that some
Laws may be counter productive and hurt law abiding citizens. I’m fine with reforming those. But I also recognize that some laws very likely have saved lives

You aren't proposing anything that will make it harder for criminals. All it does is create legal traps for law abiding gun owners...as the New York SAFE act does with recertification deadlines that criminals don't comply with but law abiding gun owners will lose their gun Rights forever if they miss the deadline.

The only way to save lives is to lock up violent criminals.....as I have posted over and over from various cities, the thing driving their gun murder rates are revolving door policies for violent gun offenders....
I haven’t proposed anything in this discussion. I’m speaking to general principles. For example the fact that autos have been heavily regulated and are not easily accessible have reduced access which lessens the likelihood of them being used in violent acts which in turn reduces the amount of violence as a result. It’s not a hard concept to understand. As for other laws that do make access unnecessarily expensive or cumbersome then I’m all for reviewing and reforming those. There needs to be give and take from both sides

At one point the current laws were the “new frivolous laws” and you were probably saying the same bullshit you are saying now. So now you want to enforce them?
The current laws are not being enforced, criminal control not gun control
How about both and we do our best to make our world safer
Let’s start by making firearm purchases easier for law abiding people. It takes around five minutes to run a background check, it should be llike a Visa card instantaneous.
Also like many other purchases a person should be able to purchase firearms absolutely anonymously.
Haha. So you want to make background checks quicker and also make purchases anonymous? I can’t believe nobody listens to your genius!

Maybe next we can build that wall and also open the border! :cuckoo:
There is no reason why background checks can’t take only a few seconds, The FBI already Does not keep records of firearm purchases why should anyone else?
Few seconds would be great if the right system is in place. Bring it on. If Purchase records would help with criminal investigations then I’d be for those as well

The US should let go of its love for guns....is becoming laughable.
Check any news outlet you will read, hear and see the following:
Son kills his entire family
Husband kills his entire family.
Work shooting.
Preschool shooting.
Freeway shooting.
Church shooting.
Game shooting.

Do gun lovers know that most of the world doesn't have this madness, they you even know what leaving without guns feels like?
I do i lived ina gun free country , it' fucking pathetic that you guys love guns and violence.
Firearms have no control over people, most people learn that grade school

We have countries with strict gun laws and we have the US. Americans are dying by thousands shot and killed because firearms are all 9ver the place....what is it hard to understand?
Only in urban controlled areas by progressives, Due to frivolous gun-control laws.

Rural areas where firearms outnumber people by many, many times over violent crime is almost unheard of... fact

Firearms have no control over people, most people learn that in grade school

Dude have you ever traveled abroad? I'm constantly overseas since age of 5. The US is the one of the most violent country in the world due to the availability of guns. There are lot of countries where police don't even have guns....Trust me it is possible to live with less or no guns IN A CIVILISED SOCIETY. most European countries are infact liberal and gun crimes no where near the US.

Before i moved here, our news feed and in Europe also...shows always the heinous gun crimes in the US we never understood it and we still don't.

The risk of firearm-related death showed no difference across the rural-urban spectrum for the population as a whole, but varied when divided up by age — firearm deaths were significantly higher for children and people ages 45 and older, while for people ages 20 to 44, the risk of firearm deaths were much higher in urban areas. I’d wager some of that comes down to differences in gun ownership: more households have firearms in rural areas than in urban ones, and sadly, too many gun owners keep their firearms where their children can reach them. The result can be tragic. At the same time, the bulk of victims killed by homicide are young men, according to FBI statistics. And they are more likely to be shot and killed in the cities.

The current laws are not being enforced, criminal control not gun control
How about both and we do our best to make our world safer
Let’s start by making firearm purchases easier for law abiding people. It takes around five minutes to run a background check, it should be llike a Visa card instantaneous.
Also like many other purchases a person should be able to purchase firearms absolutely anonymously.
Haha. So you want to make background checks quicker and also make purchases anonymous? I can’t believe nobody listens to your genius!

Maybe next we can build that wall and also open the border! :cuckoo:
There is no reason why background checks can’t take only a few seconds, The FBI already Does not keep records of firearm purchases why should anyone else?
Few seconds would be great if the right system is in place. Bring it on. If Purchase records would help with criminal investigations then I’d be for those as well
Criminals don’t purchase firearms, so no need for that...

Can you post a link to someone calling for the repeal of the 2nd amendment?
Nah we ALL know by now calling for outright ban doesn't work. They will call for bans on certain weapons,expanded checks,bans on clip size,tighter registration etc..give an inch they take a mile.

Gun control advocates stymied by the 2nd Amendment have opted for death of a thousand cuts. They pass unconstitutional gun control laws faster than we can get them slapped down by the SCOTUS.

Work shooting.
Preschool shooting.
Freeway shooting.
Church shooting.
Game shooting.

Do gun lovers know that most of the world doesn't have this madness, they you even know what leaving without guns feels like?
I do i lived ina gun free country , it' fucking pathetic that you guys love guns and violence.

We have countries with strict gun laws and we have the US. Americans are dying by thousands shot and killed because firearms are all 9ver the place....what is it hard to understand?
Only in urban controlled areas by progressives, Due to frivolous gun-control laws.

Rural areas where firearms outnumber people by many, many times over violent crime is almost unheard of... fact

Dude have you ever traveled abroad? I'm constantly overseas since age of 5. The US is the one of the most violent country in the world due to the availability of guns. There are lot of countries where police don't even have guns....Trust me it is possible to live with less or no guns IN A CIVILISED SOCIETY. most European countries are infact liberal and gun crimes no where near the US.

Before i moved here, our news feed and in Europe also...shows always the heinous gun crimes in the US we never understood it and we still don't.

The risk of firearm-related death showed no difference across the rural-urban spectrum for the population as a whole, but varied when divided up by age — firearm deaths were significantly higher for children and people ages 45 and older, while for people ages 20 to 44, the risk of firearm deaths were much higher in urban areas. I’d wager some of that comes down to differences in gun ownership: more households have firearms in rural areas than in urban ones, and sadly, too many gun owners keep their firearms where their children can reach them. The result can be tragic. At the same time, the bulk of victims killed by homicide are young men, according to FBI statistics. And they are more likely to be shot and killed in the cities.

We don't need the opinions of European idiots, how many times have you dumb asses gone to war with each other?

Work shooting.
Preschool shooting.
Freeway shooting.
Church shooting.
Game shooting.

In rural areas of this country violent crime is basically unheard of where firearm ownership is the highest. In urban areas where gun control laws are the strictest and firearm ownership is the lowest, violent crime is the highest.

Higher firearm ownership in law abiding citizens hands makes for safer areas... see rural areas.

Live in the red areas of the country and you’re in no danger whatsoever... the blue areas enter at your own risk. Frivolous gun control laws make people bat shit crazy obviously...
election-2016-county-map.png

Every time anyone calls for so called “universal background checks”... its a dog whistle.

No, not really. You could have universal background checks and not go through the process you listed above. So, they really are not connected at all.

A bigger concern is universal gun registration. Though it would be a pipe dream as too many people have guns that would never register them. I know I sure would not.

Defin a universal background check then. What would it do that the current form doesn’t cover?

Every time anyone calls for so called “universal background checks”... its a dog whistle.

No, not really. You could have universal background checks and not go through the process you listed above. So, they really are not connected at all.

A bigger concern is universal gun registration. Though it would be a pipe dream as too many people have guns that would never register them. I know I sure would not.

Background checks are part of a well regulated militia

You mean except for actual research on the topic of gun control and reducing violence?

The National Academy of Sciences issued a 328-page report based on 253 journal articles, 99 books, 43 government publications, a survey of 80 different gun-control laws and some of its own independent study.

In short, the panel could find no link between restrictions on gun ownership and lower rates of crime, firearms violence or even accidents with guns.

And how about Britain...they banned and confiscated guns....and their gun crime rate has only gone up.....27% across the whole country last year, and up 42% in London alone, and their violent crime rate is higher than ours and going up....

How do you explain that since they banned guns.....? Kind of makes your point kinda silly....
No I think my point makes perfect sense. Criminals and crimes are always going to exist. Question is do we want to make it harder for them to access firepower or not? I’d rather a criminal have a pistol over a machine gun. I’d rather a criminal have a knife over a pistol. I’d rather a criminal have to seek out these weapons on the black market instead of be able to easily purchase at a store. #commonsense

The way you achieve what you want....long prison sentences for gun criminals...anything else is just stupid....

Ryo Fujiwara, long-time writer on yakuza affairs and author of the book, The Three Yamaguchi-Gumi, says that the punishment for using a gun in a gang war or in a crime is now so heavy that most yakuza avoid their use at all – unless it is for an assassination.

“In a hit, whoever fires the gun, or is made to take responsibility for firing the gun, has to pretty much be willing to go to jail for the rest of their life. That’s a big decision. The repercussions are big, too. No one wants to claim responsibility for such acts – the gang office might actually get shut-down.”

The gang typically also has to support the family of the hit-man while he is in prison, which is also a financial burden for the organization.

Japan’s Firearms and Swords Control Laws make it a crime to illegally possess a gun, with a punishment of jail time of up to 10 years.

Illegal possession more than one gun, the penalty goes up to 15 years in prison.

If you own a gun and matching ammunition, that’s another charge and a heavier penalty. The most severe penalty is for the act of discharging a gun in a train, on a bus, or most public spaces, which can result in a life sentence.

---

A low-ranking member of the Kobe-Yamaguchi-gumi put it this way: “All of the smart guys got rid of their guns a long-time ago. The penalties are way too high. You get life in prison if you just fire a gun. That’s not fun.”
I’m fine for striked punishment for gun crimes. I think we already have pretty strict punishment. Your argument still doesn’t address the point that making access harder for criminals will reduce violence and that is the purpose of gun control laws. I agree that some
Laws may be counter productive and hurt law abiding citizens. I’m fine with reforming those. But I also recognize that some laws very likely have saved lives

You aren't proposing anything that will make it harder for criminals. All it does is create legal traps for law abiding gun owners...as the New York SAFE act does with recertification deadlines that criminals don't comply with but law abiding gun owners will lose their gun Rights forever if they miss the deadline.

The only way to save lives is to lock up violent criminals.....as I have posted over and over from various cities, the thing driving their gun murder rates are revolving door policies for violent gun offenders....
I haven’t proposed anything in this discussion. I’m speaking to general principles. For example the fact that autos have been heavily regulated and are not easily accessible have reduced access which lessens the likelihood of them being used in violent acts which in turn reduces the amount of violence as a result. It’s not a hard concept to understand. As for other laws that do make access unnecessarily expensive or cumbersome then I’m all for reviewing and reforming those. There needs to be give and take from both sides

But it didn’t want did it?

Defin a universal background check then. What would it do that the current form doesn’t cover?

See, all it is is yet another line on the yellow form. All right t does is make me pay $15.00 for selling my gun. Y’all gen more, any person who says “universal background check” only show cases how ignorant they are.

---

First of all, this should not even be part of the discussion driving an automobile is not a right.
Firearm ownership is. End of story

Criminal control not gun control

See, all it is is yet another line on the yellow form. All right t does is make me pay $15.00 for selling my gun. Y’all gen more, any person who says “universal background check” only show cases how ignorant they are.
There should be no charge for background checks on new firearms purchases and no background checks on private sales. end of story
A background check should take seconds not minutes...
And there should be no paperwork to follow the firearm... Because it’s no one else’s business

We have plenty of gun lovers.

Better aqueducts, better roads, and more well regulated militia.

It is always a solution for any Republic.
Well, urban areas Ought to get their shit together, And we already have the National Guard.

There should be no charge for background checks on new firearms purchases and no background checks on private sales. end of story
A background check should take seconds not minutes...
And there should be no paperwork to follow the firearm... Because it’s no one else’s business

Pretty much. There is no modern instance where this background check has even saved a life. The only examples this system can boast about are its failures like Dylan Roof and this other dude in Texas.

Well, urban areas Ought to get their shit together, And we already have the National Guard.
We also have State militias.

It is always a solution for any Republic

We can always use better powerducts. Compounds for substations could include increased capacitance for our grid and provide accommodation for a battalion sized population, in the event of any emergency.

We can always use better powerducts. Compounds for substations could include increased capacitance for our grid and provide accommodation for a battalion sized population, in the event of any emergency.

I work in the business that does that. Increases roads, power stations and such. Infrastructure I guess. Can’t say about anywhere else, but I can say that they are going gang busters down here building roads, digging up old lines burying new and so on. I would like to see them focus on fixing all that and maybe coming into the 21 century with it.

I work in the business that does that. Increases roads, power stations and such. Infrastructure I guess. Can’t say about anywhere else, but I can say that they are going gang busters down here building roads, digging up old lines burying new and so on. I would like to see them focus on fixing all that and maybe coming into the 21 century with it.
on the science fiction side, getting power from lighting may become science fact, with improvements in grid capacitance.

Forum List

Back