Report from Iraq: families throwing children from a mountain to keep them from terror

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
This is so sad to see parents having to resort to this.

Report from Iraq: families throwing children from a mountain to keep them from terrorists

August 6, 2014 by Deacon Greg Kandra

The nightmare that is Iraq gets worse. This was just posted at the CNEWA blog:

This report was sent to us by Ms. Christina Patto, VP Assyrian Aid Society of Iraq. Here what she wrote:

Here is our report and some of our testimony concerning the events happening now in North of Iraq.

It is a tragic situation, nobody can imagine how terrible it is, as much as I write to you and send you reports it will not be enough to describe the suffering of people.

For Zummar and Sinjar: they are under Da’esh control, thousands of Yazidis died in the last two days, they are facing a real genocide. Till yesterday (45) children died of thirst. Some families throw their children from the top of Sinjar mountain in order not to see them die from hunger or thirst, or not to be taken by the terrorists. (1500) men were killed in front of their wives and families, (50) old men died also from thirst and illness. More than (70) girl and women (including Christians) were taken, raped and being captured and sold. More than (100) families are captured in Tel afar airport.

Read more:
Report from Iraq: families throwing children from a mountain to keep them from terrorists

This report was sent to us by Ms. Christina Patto, VP Assyrian Aid Society of Iraq. Here what she wrote:

Here is our report and some of our testimony concerning the events happening now in North of Iraq.

It is a tragic situation, nobody can imagine how terrible it is, as much as I write to you and send you reports it will not be enough to describe the suffering of people.

For Zummar and Sinjar: they are under Da’esh control, thousands of Yazidis died in the last two days, they are facing a real genocide. Till yesterday (45) children died of thirst. Some families throw their children from the top of Sinjar mountain in order not to see them die from hunger or thirst, or not to be taken by the terrorists. (1500) men were killed in front of their wives and families, (50) old men died also from thirst and illness. More than (70) girl and women (including Christians) were taken, raped and being captured and sold. More than (100) families are captured in Tel afar airport.

Read more:

I wonder what Iraq would be like today if Republicans hadn't invaded Iraq?

Read more:

Worry about today and what is happening to these unfortunate people at the hands of ISIS.

Read more:

About the same as it is now....only Saddam would be the one throwing people off the mountain.

Read more:

Worry about today and what is happening to these unfortunate people at the hands of ISIS.

If you refuse to learn from the past, you are destined to make the same mistakes. Common knowledge.

If you refuse to learn from the past, you are destined to make the same mistakes. Common knowledge.

Right now, I don't think compassionate people are concerned about the past. They are concerned right now with what is happening to innocent people. Evidently you don't care anything about them, but want to drag in politics.

If you refuse to live in the present that is the very definition of your own insanity.

ISIS are clearly a bunch of bastards.
Any group that creates so much fear through hatred, that ordinary people are willing to risk their children's lives, is clearly extremely bad.
Even more so when children are killed to protect an ideal that puts itself over human life.

Read more:

There own Masada.

Can the civilized peoples of the world not BESTIR themselves?------
I am all for an AIR LIFT of these people ------THE HELL OUT OF THERE!!!!!

how did the terrorist pigs of the middle east manage to do their "fast" bullshit
to GET OUT OF JAIL FREE------and make themselves a "world movement"????

something needs to be done------I don't know how to do it

Can the civilized peoples of the world not BESTIR themselves?------
I am all for an AIR LIFT of these people ------THE HELL OUT OF THERE!!!!!

how did the terrorist pigs of the middle east manage to do their "fast" bullshit
to GET OUT OF JAIL FREE------and make themselves a "world movement"????

something needs to be done------I don't know how to do it

Yes, mass murder of civilians is nasty.
Any group guilty of that deserved to get the merry fuck bombed out of them.

The U.S sent two F-18 Hornet Fighter Jets yesterday to bomb two ISIS positions.

Also, I was watching CNN today, and apparently ISIS fighters have captured Iraq's largest dam. Also, they are approaching the Kurd's who are begging the U.S to help them

Read more:

I think we already know the answer to that. Being hit with chemical weapons, being gassed, women sent to rape rooms. The slaughter and tyrannical behavior of Saddam was well documented.

I think the one thing we should have done, is push for a 3-state solution. But of course the problem there is, stuff like this would likely still have happened.

Yeah, but you don't care about the people. If Bush had not dealt with Saddam, we would still be under the threat of him passing WMDs to terrorists, AND people would still be getting slaughtered and raped in Iraq.

But you'd be ok with that. The only reason you even care to comment on what is happening, is because you want to score political points, and bash Bush. You couldn't care less about the pain of those people.

Everything to the left, is nothing more than a political football, and you don't care who is kicked, provided you score political points.

That's exactly why you have no comment whatsoever, about how to help, only is there some way we can blame Republicans. Have you donated to any charities trying to help over there? I have. Have you? Of course not. You don't give a crap about anyone but your own political ideology.

Forum List

Back