🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Reporter Forbidden To Speak To Crowd At Michelle Obama Event

Mooch-at-UN.jpg

I'm sure you are going to tell us all about how it isn't right? Limiting the people from the right of the people peaceably to assemble. You have an answer for that right?

Uh, "right to assemble"?

Where was that in the article?
She was told she wasn't allowed to assemble with those that attended the speech. Are you seriously this fucking stupid?

The primary purpose of free speech rights is political expression. Suppressing that is one of the highest forms of a violation.
I'm sure you are going to tell us all about how it isn't right? Limiting the people from the right of the people peaceably to assemble. You have an answer for that right?

Obviously, someone needs to educate you.

Read the last line of my signature. I put it there just for this reason.
Congress shall make no law- Ok so what the fuck does that have to do with the Bill of Rights?

It has EVERYTHING to do with it. EVERYTHING.

"Congress shall make no law ..."

That is the very definition of the First Amendment - that our government cannot pass a law taking those rights away from us.

Quote where Congress passed a law forbidding her from doing anything at all.

Just about every day here, some RW will get up on their hind legs and bray about the First Amendment and inevitably, they are wrong because they don't understand the real import of those 5 words.

====
And, an aside is that FLOTUS is a private citizen. That's not germane in the conversation about the First Amendment but she doesn't owe anyone a thing.

If it were Sarah Palin or Ann Romney, you would understand and agree with that.

If she were running for office, I would feel differently but this is a non-issue.

Remember all the times Repubs have run from reporters? Everyone from Sharon Angle (Engle? Whatever) to Paul Ryan have refused to talk to reporters and we have ever right to expect that of them.

And, btw, politicians also have the right to not talk to reporters.
So you are ok with ARMED men preventing reporters from doing their job at a public gathering? I bet if Bush had done this you would have been the first one complaining.

I'm sure you can link to where I wrote that.

WHY do you ALWAYS have to LIE???

How about you stay on topic?

Oh hell, I doubt you even understand the conversation.

:anj_stfu:
You said the First Lady had the right to deny the press the right to talk to a group of citizens at a fund raiser. She did that by using armed secret service and local Law enforcement to forcibly separate the reporters from the crowd and used armed law enforcement to enforce that separation. The Press has the right to report to talk to and to run investigations on the first lady, the President and the democratic party. Or was the fund raiser for something else?

Are you people for real?

Somebody tell the Obamas there are copies of the Constitution, otherwise I fear they'll take it on the way out.

Please oh PLEASE tell me you are not saying this is a First Amendment violation ...

Doesnt matter dude. Obama promised US his administration would be the most transparent in History. I remember that, but guess it was a lie because " what difference does it make"... seems to be the Mantra around here. The only people the administration becomes transparent to is ISIS and the Muslim Brotherhood. To everyone else they are a stone wall.

Freedom of press
Seems like the only media that the Obamas are nice to are the ones acting as their personal spokespeople. Real reporters like to investigate and report things, which is bad news for people with something to hide or who desire to control the information released to the public. Since when do we allow any politicians to dictate who the media can talk to or not? They were told by Obama's and Burke's aids that they could not speak to anyone in the crowd or any of the people out on the street and the reporters were then separated from the crowd. I am betting reporters would have been kicked out if caught acting like a reporter and talking to people. What the hell is going on with this bunch? Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reporter, Meg Kissinger, said she has never encountered anything like this in her 35 years on the job.

Meg Kissinger, a reporter for the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, covered on Monday first lady Michelle Obama’s Milwaukee campaign stop for Wisconsin gubernatorial candidate Mary Burke.

Kissinger says she was barred from speaking to members of the crowd.

Kissinger, a veteran of covering political events, said of the request that she’s "never seen anything like it in 35 years as a reporter."

At the event, Kissinger noticed that members of the media were "cordoned off" from the crowd at the event.
[/QU
Freedom of press was never a big hit in communist nations of Eastern Europe or former Soviet Union either. Typical liberal suppression of essential freedoms.

Well, duh
she is the Queen commie after all. so what she wants we need to bow to

Don't you all just love having your first lady galavanting all over the country to campaign AGAINST YOU while raising money FOR THE DEMOCRAT party? and you get to pay for it too

Just an awful first lady and an Ugly American to boot

Frankly, I don't know why all she did was tweet about it and complain. Why didn't she just cross the barriers and disobey queen Michelle? What were they going to do? Shoot her? Throw her in jail?

Can you imagine the PR for this reporters periodical/website then? What a PR nightmare for the administration when they had to explain why they did what they did. If it really bothered her, why didn't she stand up for her rights? Didn't she know what they were?

I don't blame the Obama administration or the government, I've come to expect that from them. It does us no good whining about them, it never does. Power will do what ever they like. I'm irritated with this reporter. Isn't it about time folks like this take a stand? Now is the time before it is too late. If you want to change the system, you NEED to take a stand. Bellyaching never got anything done. Standing up to power and exercising your rights while they are ostensibly still there does.

As I said earlier, reporters use to live up to their title. Any reporter worth their salt would be all over this today.

Forum List

Back