Repub says increasing education standards makes kids gay

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
Florida Lawmaker: Common Core Will Turn 'Every One Of Your Children' Gay | ThinkProgress

Florida Republican Rep. Charles Van Zant, left, believes that increasing educational standards cause homosexuality....

VAN ZANT: These people, that will now receive $220 million from the state of Florida unless this is stopped, will promote double-mindedness in state education and attract every one of your children to become as homosexual as they possibly can. I’m sorry to report that to you.

Silly fool. Doesn't he know its President Obama that makes kids gay?

Pros and Cons of the Common Core Standards

The full implementation of the Common Core Standards is getting closer each day. The true impact that they have on schools and education as a whole will not be known for several years. One thing that is for sure is this shift to a national set of standards will be revolutionary. They will also be highly debated. As the media begins to recognize the significance of the Common Core, you can bet the debate will heat up even more. As their implementation approaches, we examine some of the pros and cons of the Common Core Standards.

Pros and cons listed at the link.

A teacher friend says there are some very real problems with CC but that the math is excellent.

Common Core blows chow. I don't care how many ways they try to sell this puppy it truly sucks. Many state standards are more comprehensive. They have a whole lot of people trying to sway people's opinions but the reality is that it isn't selling.

Of course not. It's not communist either. It's a bunch of corporate bs is what it is but, his little group loves them some corporate shilling and are homophobic as hell. So the name of the game is how to keep all the love for corporate shilling but directed where his little group wants that love directed.

Last edited:
There is an overwhelming impediment to any national attempt to promote educational standards.

The impediment is this: If the standards are quantitative and meaningful (relevant), "African American" children will, in huge numbers, fail to achieve the standards, causing tremendous wailing and gnashing of teeth.

The standards must be written in such a way that progress measurement is "fuzzy" and imprecise, in order to hide the huge deficiencies in the "minority" communities and schools.

No Federal bureaucrat wants to be the author of a test that exposes the ugly underside of our school-age population.

Another scoop for media matters? State senator Van Zant didn't mention spending or the education system in general. That's media matter's spin. Van Zant specifically mentioned "common core" which has been linked to the promotion of left wing required reading which replaced standardized texts. You almost gotta laugh at how obvious common core's agenda is when Washington D.C. adopted it and 78% of 8th graders can't even read. Common core isn't about standards and excellence in education. It's about promoting left wing agendas and freaking unions.

Common Core doesn't increase educational standards, it changes them to something the left likes better. One of those things the left likes better is the normalization of homosexuality.

Another scoop for media matters? State senator Van Zant didn't mention spending or the education system in general. That's media matter's spin. Van Zant specifically mentioned "common core" which has been linked to the promotion of left wing required reading which replaced standardized texts. You almost gotta laugh at how obvious common core's agenda is when Washington D.C. adopted it and 78% of 8th graders can't even read. Common core isn't about standards and excellence in education. It's about promoting left wing agendas and freaking unions.

Common core does not "require" any textbooks to be used.

Posts like this just make it clear how little you actually understand the concept.

You can feel the desperation from the libs/left/Democrats

they're posting any garbage most people don't give a shit about who are instead worry about JOBS, food prices sky high, gas again at $3.50 a gallon

Florida Lawmaker: Common Core Will Turn 'Every One Of Your Children' Gay | ThinkProgress

All the more reason to lobby for its complete acceptance by every state DOE, and every local school district. Sexual awakening is a blessing, not a curse, no matter what the prudes in the Republican Party say.

All the more reason to lobby for its complete acceptance by every state DOE, and every local school district. Sexual awakening is a blessing, not a curse, no matter what the prudes in the Republican Party say.

Do you feel that's appropriate at age 3 or would you prefer the grand awakening wait until a little later, perhaps as old as 4?

Do you feel that's appropriate at age 3 or would you prefer the grand awakening wait until a little later, perhaps as old as 4?

unreal and a nut..
every state should REJECT this crap common core
mine is already

Posts like this just make it clear how little you actually understand the concept.

As I said "common core" has been linked to the promotion of left wing junk to replace standardized texts. Washington D.C. 8th graders still can't read after adopting "common core's" phony agenda.

As I said "common core" has been linked to the promotion of left wing junk to replace standardized texts. Washington D.C. 8th graders still can't read after adopting "common core's" phony agenda.

Those "links" only exist in the fevered brains of right wing bloggers and pundits.

Those "links" only exist in the fevered brains of right wing bloggers and pundits.

wrong, a lot parents are complaining about it.
as I said, my state is ready to vote on opting out of it so you are wrong

"A lot of parents", like yourself, have no fucking clue what Common Core is.

What are these parents complaining of, exactly?

"A lot of parents", like yourself, have no fucking clue what Common Core is.

What are these parents complaining of, exactly?

go ask them, and worry about your state I guess
now I'm fucking done you're dimissed

Forum List

Back