Republican bill stops funding to states issuing DL's to illegals

Unless you’re here legally such as a travel visa, work visa, green card, etc. you do not have the right to get a drivers license. Period. End of story.

I am not sure I see how rights have anything to do with it, because the POINT is the can and will drive anyway, so issuing them a driver's license just allows us to ensure they are better and safer drivers.

We can say that about our law breakers as well. Why should a judge suspend somebody's license if they are going to drive anyway? Maybe when they get out of jail is six or seven years for killing somebody driving drunk, just give them their licenses back. They're going to drive anyway, right???

No, I meant they legally can and will drive on a Mexican driver's license if we do not issue.
If we do not issue them a US driver's license, then they have no local residency requirement, so their Mexican driver's license remain valid forever.

If they're illegal, their license is not legally honored in this country. That may be true for a documented person.

Tell me, what other country in the world can you break into, and the government issue you a drivers license?

The US is required to always honor a Mexican driver's license by NAFTA.
Has nothing to do with immigration status.
And what you seem to be forgetting is that Mexicans are natives, not illegal immigrants.
To get to Mexico, they migrated down from the US.

NAFTA is gone. USMCA replaced it.

You don’t have to know how to drive a tractor trailer when you take bottom dollar.
The illegals are crashing into electric poles all the time in NC.
Yeah, I drive past these accidents when traffic isn’t rerouted.

So you rush out and check their papers?

Didn't think so.

Free markets do not mean anarchy. You still have to become a certified MD and when you do you should be able to charge what you want. With plastic surgery and lasik, insurance doesn’t cover it, free markets dictate price and it works great.

I think you just contradicted yourself.. So you admitted there is a need for government control. You know, to hand out certified MD's and medical licenses and all that. So now the only disagreement is how much the government should control.

You didn't think this through at all, did you?

ACA was put in place to force healthy people to pay for the sick. If you don’t want to drive and want to Uber everywhere you don’t have to have auto insurance. Your conflation is false.

The problem is of course, is that private insurance works the same way. I haven't had to see a doctor in four years. So clearly, I am paying for all those sickos out there who did get sick.

You never know who is going to get sick and who isn't.

Free markets do not mean anarchy. You still have to become a certified MD and when you do you should be able to charge what you want. With plastic surgery and lasik, insurance doesn’t cover it, free markets dictate price and it works great.

I think you just contradicted yourself.. So you admitted there is a need for government control. You know, to hand out certified MD's and medical licenses and all that. So now the only disagreement is how much the government should control.

I am saying leave the control as is and get the insurance companies out of it unless it is a medical emergency and let the free markets reign like they do in plastic surgery and LASIK right now. Why is that so hard for your to understand? Durr.

ACA was put in place to force healthy people to pay for the sick. If you don’t want to drive and want to Uber everywhere you don’t have to have auto insurance. Your conflation is false.

The problem is of course, is that private insurance works the same way. I haven't had to see a doctor in four years. So clearly, I am paying for all those sickos out there who did get sick.

You never know who is going to get sick and who isn't.

Hence it is called insurance but is should not be forced on anyone as the ACA did. If they want to risk bankruptcy then they can go without insurance. I have kids so they go to the MD on a fairly regular basis and the costs are higher due to insurance. If it were a free market it would cost a lot less IMO. But I have very good insurance so I do not care but it is very inefficient and stupid. I prefer free markets and they work great in plastic surgery and LASIK.

What does a Drivers License have to do with immigration?

It just makes sure drivers have the proper skills and training?

Legal immigrants are provided the opportunity just like everyone else to obtain a drivers license.

The OP specifically called out illegal immigrants and drivers licenses. But you already knew that and simply chose to shift the topic to legal immigrants and driver’s licenses.

What does legal status have to do with driver's licenses that are supposed to be about safety?
What about a tourist who does not want citizenship, but just wants to be able to rent a car here and drive, for the years they are visiting?
Are you going to deny them a US driver's license while a legal resident because they are undocumented as far as citizenship?
Unless you’re here legally such as a travel visa, work visa, green card, etc. you do not have the right to get a drivers license. Period. End of story.

I am not sure I see how rights have anything to do with it, because the POINT is the can and will drive anyway, so issuing them a driver's license just allows us to ensure they are better and safer drivers.

Issuing a drivers license guarantees safety? To whom? They need to get documented first. More safety. Why do you people have a problem with that?

What does legal status have to do with driver's licenses that are supposed to be about safety?
What about a tourist who does not want citizenship, but just wants to be able to rent a car here and drive, for the years they are visiting?
Are you going to deny them a US driver's license while a legal resident because they are undocumented as far as citizenship?

If they have a driver's license, they have had some drivers education and they can buy auto insurance which benefits everyone. The GOP's attempt to keep driver's licenses out of the hands of illegal immigrants is just plain stupid.

No, stupid is rewarding people for coming here and breaking our laws. Complain about American businesses hiring them, and then do what you can to make it easier to get to these jobs they're not supposed to have.

Drivers licenses aren't a reward. There is nothing rewarding about them.

No, a drivers license is a privilege. Just like living legally in the most exceptional country in the world is a privilege. Legal immigrants of all colors will agree.

I am all for streamlining the citizenship process from people who come from shithole countries for opportunities that no other countries can provide. Can we get a ducking commitment from people who want the dream to at least be documented??

You don’t have to know how to drive a tractor trailer when you take bottom dollar.
The illegals are crashing into electric poles all the time in NC.
Yeah, I drive past these accidents when traffic isn’t rerouted.

So you rush out and check their papers?

Didn't think so.
We all know where you’re coming from.
Legal Mexicans know how to drive, you racist pos.

I am saying leave the control as is and get the insurance companies out of it unless it is a medical emergency and let the free markets reign like they do in plastic surgery and LASIK right now. Why is that so hard for your to understand? Durr.

Most people can't afford ELECTIVE Lasik and plastic surgery procedures... If we treated cancer like that, we'd have a lot of people DYING of cancer because they couldn't afford the Chemotherapy.

Hence it is called insurance but is should not be forced on anyone as the ACA did. If they want to risk bankruptcy then they can go without insurance. I have kids so they go to the MD on a fairly regular basis and the costs are higher due to insurance. If it were a free market it would cost a lot less IMO. But I have very good insurance so I do not care but it is very inefficient and stupid. I prefer free markets and they work great in plastic surgery and LASIK.

So once again, "I got mine, fuck you"...

That's nice. I honestly and truly hope that some day, some insurance company doesn't decide to cut you off because they want to make a profit. Because why that would be ironic and shit, it would still be bad.

NO ONE SHOULD GO BANKRUPT BECAUSE THEY GET SICK. The thing was, 62% of bankruptcies are linked to medical crisis, and 75% of them HAD insurance when the medical crisis started.

Single Payer. Everyone is covered. If you have to sit next to a poor person while waiting to see a doctor, TOO BAD.

Most people can't afford ELECTIVE Lasik and plastic surgery procedures... If we treated cancer like that, we'd have a lot of people DYING of cancer because they couldn't afford the Chemotherapy.

That's nice. I honestly and truly hope that some day, some insurance company doesn't decide to cut you off because they want to make a profit. Because why that would be ironic and shit, it would still be bad.

NO ONE SHOULD GO BANKRUPT BECAUSE THEY GET SICK. The thing was, 62% of bankruptcies are linked to medical crisis, and 75% of them HAD insurance when the medical crisis started.

Single Payer. Everyone is covered. If you have to sit next to a poor person while waiting to see a doctor, TOO BAD.
I said unless it’s a medical emergency. Until then it should be free markets. I got mine so F U is right. I pay ~35% in combined Fed and state & local taxes. How much more would you like me to pay for parasites like you? If you’re a poor person, fix it and certainly don’t have kids you cannot afford to support. Durr.

First off, medical bankruptcies are a myth. Yes, people do go bankrupt because of illness, but in most cases, it's not because of insurance or lack of, it's because people can't work when they are sick, and very few buy short term disability insurance. The bankruptcies come from not being able to pay on your house or car(s) due to lack of income.

We have good doctors and bad doctors. We have good hospitals and bad hospitals. If we were all the same, everybody would want the good doctors and hospitals. It's not possible. Therefore government would have to step in to determine who gets what kind of care. You may very well end up at a place like a free clinic for services in spite of what you pay. Democrats make politics out of everything. If in power, they would be choosing Republican voting areas to get the crappy doctors and hospitals.

The problem with our medical care now is government. Now you want them to take over the entire thing???

We can say that about our law breakers as well. Why should a judge suspend somebody's license if they are going to drive anyway? Maybe when they get out of jail is six or seven years for killing somebody driving drunk, just give them their licenses back. They're going to drive anyway, right???

No, I meant they legally can and will drive on a Mexican driver's license if we do not issue.
If we do not issue them a US driver's license, then they have no local residency requirement, so their Mexican driver's license remain valid forever.

If they're illegal, their license is not legally honored in this country. That may be true for a documented person.

Tell me, what other country in the world can you break into, and the government issue you a drivers license?
Canada and Mexico for starters. Most countries do not require a Visa or proof of citizenship to get a license. Generally if you have a license in another country, you will be allowed to apply for a license.

Since your immigration status is not considered a factor in safely operating a vehicle, a visa is not generally required, however adequate documentation is and that varies with every country and often the province or state.

Last edited:

Canada and Mexico for starters. Most countries do not require a Visa or proof of citizenship to get a license. Generally if you have a license in another country, you will be allowed to apply for a license.

Since your immigration status is not considered a factor in safely operating a vehicle, a visa is not generally required, however adequate documentation is and that varies with every country and often the province or state.

I couldn't find any law about illegals driving in Canada. Google can't seem to find anything on it. Maybe they don't have any illegals. I couldn't find anything about Mexico either. But here is what I did find that has me skeptical whether they are allowed to drive or not:

‐ Illegal entry into the country is equivalent to a felony punishable by two years’ imprisonment. Document fraud is subject to fine and imprisonment; so is alien marriage fraud. Evading deportation is a serious crime; illegal re-entry after deportation is punishable by ten years’ imprisonment. Foreigners may be kicked out of the country without due process and the endless bites at the litigation apple that illegal aliens are afforded in our country (see, for example, President Obama’s illegal-alien aunt — a fugitive from deportation for eight years who is awaiting a second decision on her previously rejected asylum claim).

How Mexico Treats Illegal Aliens | National Review

What does a Drivers License have to do with immigration?

It just makes sure drivers have the proper skills and training?

Legal immigrants are provided the opportunity just like everyone else to obtain a drivers license.

The OP specifically called out illegal immigrants and drivers licenses. But you already knew that and simply chose to shift the topic to legal immigrants and driver’s licenses.

If you are here legally by any means, driving is not a problem. If you snuck into this country and are not supposed to be here, you should not be allowed to obtain a drivers license.

Driving is a privilege and not a right, even for Americans. Therefore we should not extend that privilege to people that are not supposed to be here in the first place.
All we are doing is certifying their driving skills and allowing them to drive and have insurance.

Makes it safer for the rest of us

And it's wrong. No Country in the rest of the world will issue me a state or country sponsored DL if I am there illegally. MOST Countries would arrest me on the spot for even applying. We need to make illegals as unwelcome as possible and allow them to get a DL and Insurance is laying out the welcome wagon.

We realize that's why JEWS want to become doctors, but most people become doctors because they want to help the sick. So we get the greedy assholes out and replace them with people who just want to do good works.

This wasn't complicated at all.

Now be quiet, the grownups are talking.
Yeah they want to help the sick alright, but not for nothing when it doesn't have to be that way. We have or had safety nets set up for the poor forever now, and it's just when the demoncrats wanted to use the healthcare issue as a way to gain political power, did it all go straight bananas afterwards. It could be that the long term strategy to defeat the Republicans over the years, was to break the system, and then to roll up like cratzy heroes to save the day. Hmmmmm.

Follow the money, and the political motivations over the years to get the real truth people. Don't fall for anything these cratzies say. Don't do it. It's all smoke and mirrors playing upon the generations in hopes their memories are to short to get to deep into it all.

Once the commies get total control over our healthcare and energy, they will have total control over all Americans. In our system of governance and the Constitution, they can't just take over these things. They need for the people to beg them to take these liberties from us. So how can we do that they ask?

First, destroy healthcare so people have no choice but to surrender it. Make it so expensive that many won't be able to reasonably afford it. Create a myth called climate change. Tell people they only have 12 more years of survival if something isn't done immediately. Make them beg us to save their lives. By the time they come to the realization that God is in charge of the climate and not man, it will be too late. We will already have total control of them.

It's all happening as we live and breathe, it's just that many are too blind to understand it's happening.

Funny how most of the bills that are designed to combat what you are saying are sitting under Moscow Mitch's desk.
Hunt put me on ignore. Yes, I broke another one!
Daryl ****?

Time to take out the trash and clean up the gene pool. Have a nice day.

I know of many that are Ex-Patriots that live in Mexico. It seems the Military Retirement pay goes a lot further in small villages along the coast in Mexico. They possess Passports and have entered Mexico legally according to Mexican law. Yes, they can get a Mexican DL because they are legal to be there. And that's what this is all about. If a person is not there legally, the Mexicans will not only not issue you a DL, hey may even allow you free room and board in one of their classiest prisons.

Forum List

Back