Republican candidate Christie spends $82,000 in taxpayer dollars on concessions at football games

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
Thats a lot of hotdogs

Chris Christie Spent 82 000 In Taxpayer Money On Concessions At NFL Games

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R) spent more than $82,000 in taxpayer money on concessions at NFL games -- a sum that Republicans later reimbursed to the state Treasury to avoid impropriety.
According to a New Jersey Watchdog analysis of records from the governor's office that was published Monday, Christie used $300,000 of his $360,000 state allowance over five years to purchase food, alcohol and desserts

Last edited:
" a sum that Republicans later reimbursed to the state Treasury to avoid impropriety."

So what's the problem? Before you start I can't stand Christie

" a sum that Republicans later reimbursed to the state Treasury to avoid impropriety."

So what's the problem? Before you start I can't stand Christie

Lets see....Christie eats $1000 in hotdogs and beer and puts it on his state credit card?

Yea...paying it back after you got caught is always a good excuse

On 58 occasions, Christie used a debit card to pay a total of $82,594 to Delaware North Sportservice, which operates the concessions at MetLife. The governor’s office did not provide any receipts, business reasons or names of individuals entertained, but defended the expense.
“The official nature and business purpose of the event remains the case regardless of whether the event is at the State House, Drumthwacket or a sporting venue,” said Christie’s press secretary Kevin Roberts in a prepared statement.

Thats a lot of hotdogs

Chris Christie Spent 82 000 In Taxpayer Money On Concessions At NFL Games

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R) spent more than $82,000 in taxpayer money on concessions at NFL games -- a sum that Republicans later reimbursed to the state Treasury to avoid impropriety.
According to a New Jersey Watchdog analysis of records from the governor's office that was published Monday, Christie used $300,000 of his $360,000 state allowance over five years to purchase food, alcohol and desserts

'...and desserts...' is the best part of that story.

In all fairness, I have to admit that I would look like Chris Christie if I ate as much as I'd like to...

...alas, the perils of self-control.

Hey look! The Christie mobile arrived!!!
OxlD.jpg

How much have the Obamas spent on vacations, fancy dinners, and golf?

Executive branch is expensive to run

Obama didn't spend it on hotdogs and beer

Stop making excuses, 1.9 billion is a damn lot of money.

Is it?

How much was spent by other presidents....then we can tell if it is excessive

Now you're getting it...now think hard.

You're chastising Christie for something all most all politicians do. Your bias is showing

Chris Christie isn't presidential material.

And...................I'm surprised it took people this long to catch him doing stupid crap like this. Anyone remember when he took a police chopper to get to his son's game?

Forum List

Back