Republican Governor Larry Hogan: Respect the Verdict

JLW

Diamond Member
Sep 16, 2012
Former Maryland governor and U.S. Senate candidate Larry Hogan urged Americans to stay calm and respect the nation's legal process amid the conviction of former President Donald Trump on Thursday.

Hogan posted on social media just minutes before a New York jury found former President Trump guilty of 34 felony counts related to a hush money payment to adult film star Stormy Daniels.

Regardless of the result, I urge all Americans to respect the verdict and the legal process,” Hogan said. “At this dangerously divided moment in our history, all leaders – regardless of party – must not pour fuel on the fire with more toxic partnership.”

yes, well we knew the cult would not take that rational response lightly.

A top Trump advisor warned Maryland Republican Larry Hogan that his Senate campaign in the state is over after the state's former governor told voters to "respect the verdict."

On the news this morning the Republican sheep are out in force attacking Hogan.

Do you Remember when Pubs called themselves the law and order party and told everyone to respect the outcomes of jury trials?

Those days are dead and gone.

Last edited:
Former Maryland governor and U.S. Senate candidate Larry Hogan urged Americans to stay calm and respect the nation's legal process amid the conviction of former President Donald Trump on Thursday.

Hogan posted on social media just minutes before a New York jury found former President Trump guilty of 34 felony counts related to a hush money payment to adult film star Stormy Daniels.

yes, well we knew the cult would not take that lightly.

A top Trump advisor warned Maryland Republican Larry Hogan that his Senate campaign in the state is over after the state's former governor told voters to "respect the verdict."

Do you Remember when Pubs called themselves the law and order party and told everyone to respect the outcomes of jury trials?

Yeah, I can‘t remember that either.
So, should America have just accepted racism and apartheid? Should Rosa Parks just have accepted that her seat needed to be given to another person simply because their complexion was lighter?

Give it a break. Legal scholars are dissecting this and for the first time in awhile I am seeing heavy support from European posters in Europe. It is clear that people recognize that the current state of the world is not good and it must change if liberty is to survive.

So, should America have just accepted racism and apartheid?

Give it a break. Legal scholars are dissecting this and for the first time in awhile I am seeing heavy support from European posters in Europe. It is clear that people recognize that the current state of the world is not good and it must change if liberty is to survive.
Comparing the Trump verdict to “racism” and “apartheid?” Really. Isn’ t it too early for the Canadian Crown Royal?

Last edited:

yes, well we knew the cult would not take that lightly.

Yeah, I can‘t remember that either.

Fuck the Verdict.

You got what you wanted, you get to call Trump a Convicted Felon for all the good that will do with the electorate. Because you did it in such a transparently fraudulent way that people except die hard Dem partisans see it for what it is.

Comparing the Trump verdict to “racism” and “apartheid?” Really. Isn’ t too,early for the Canadian Crown Royal?
No,, the point is, you don't ever accept something if it is not grounded in fairness and objectivity.

Civil Disobedience is a great term first deemed by the great Greek philosophers long before our time. It was the calling card for Americas progress and global dominance as the rest of the world remained socially stagnant.

You don't ever just "accept" if you believe something is unjust. You challenge and you confront. Be it racism, unfair rulings or crees from government that are not based on sound principles.

I believe in time you are going to find that more people disagree with this ruling and more important the premise behind this ruling than those who blindly nod their head and accept it.

This case should have been televised for all to see. That was indication number one for certain.

So, should America have just accepted racism and apartheid? Should Rosa Parks just have accepted that her seat needed to be given to another person simply because their complexion was lighter?

Well we actually believed in those things. I guess we're all going to get to find out how much you all really believe this is tyranny against Trump. :laugh:

17032231.jpg

People need to RECOGNIZE the verdict, and respect the reality of the situation.

The Democrats under Sleepy Joe are pledged to make life hell for their opponents if they win.

And that, unfortunately for Larry, includes him.

No,, the point is, you don't ever accept something if it is not grounded in fairness and objectivity.

Civil Disobedience is a great term first deemed by the great Greek philosophers long before our time. It was the calling card for Americas progress and global dominance as the rest of the world remained socially stagnant.

You don't ever just "accept" if you believe something is unjust. You challenge and you confront. Be it racism, unfair rulings or crees from government that are not based on sound principles.

I believe in time you are going to find that more people disagree with this ruling and more important the premise behind this ruling than those who blindly nod their head and accept it.

This case should have been televised for all to see. That was indication number one for certain.
Trump will have his appeals. I thought the case would end in a hung jury. I underestimated how incompetent the Trump’s legal team was. Be that as it may, Trump put his case on and he lost. Maybe it will be overturned , maybe not. He had a fair trial.

One doesn‘t have to agree with the verdict, but one should respect it.

I will add that I agree with you that the trial should have been televised.

Last edited:
Larry Hogan is everything the Republican base hates about Republicans: He is rational. His judgement is sound.
Larry Hogan is an old time Republican who would have fit in the now defunct Party of Lincoln. That part of the Republican Party is dead; but may resurrect itself once the Trumpist fever breaks. Maybe, I hope,..who knows.

Showing once again that Republicans are more concerned with protecting Trump than taking the Senate

Hogan was a popular governor in blue state Maryland.
He has a good chance of flipping a Senate seat

Are Republicans willing to throw it away?

Showing once again that Republicans are more concerned with protecting Trump than taking the Senate

Apparently the answer is yes.

Trump will have his appeals. I thought the case would end in a hung jury. I underestimated how incompetent the Trump’s legal team was. Be that as it may, Trump put his case on and he lost. Maybe it will be overturned , maybe not. He had a fair trial.

One doesn‘t have to agree with the verdict, but one should respect it.

I will add that I agree with you that the trial should have been televised.

No Peace with Bonaparte.

The Republicans aren't going to kick Hogan out of the party, and if he is able to win enough Democrat votes in Maryland to win, good for him.

Forum List

Back