Republican legislator slams Muhammad Ali

So this guy didn't want to go fight for a country that would turn his religion into the enemy? I wonder why.
Then he should have walked the walk and moved to another country and stood by his principles. I'm sure he would have been welcomed in many of them.

"Tennessee Republican" is practically a synonym for "shitty human being".

http://deadspin.com/whatever-you-sa...ource=deadspin_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

So this guy didn't want to go fight for a country that would turn his religion into the enemy? I wonder why.

Is it unpatriotic to go do the bidding of the rich, and fight their wars?

Think he converted when he knew he was going to be drafted. Hence where the term draft dodging came in to play.

Draft dodging for a cause that isn't really worth dying for isn't bad in my books, it's using your brain. However the whole "draft dodger" thing is used to guilt people into dying for other people.

It is also interesting how people criticize Trump's racism, but won't address Ali's or criticize Ali's but not Trump's. Am I living in an alternate universe?
Trump is not a racist. Don't let the left dictate your opinions.

Actually he is. He is not being characterized as a racist; he is a racist.
Please tell him to not change a thing... The best thing that could happen to HRC is to have Trump near an open microphone.
Actually that's your opinion, which really isn't worth anything.

http://deadspin.com/whatever-you-sa...ource=deadspin_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow
Cassius Clay was a skilled, great boxer, but failure to to enlist in the US military when the call was made is black cloud on his character

— Rep. Martin Daniel (@RepMartinDaniel) June 4, 2016

This is fact

Liberals can dance with joy the day #JusticeScalia dies, but we can't say one thing about Cassius Clay and his love of the Nation of Islam?

(Muhammad Ali denounced the Nation of Islam in 1975.)

liberals did dance, Ali was a member. Not everyone can know everything about a man.

Dutiful, patriotic, brave black and white men died in jungles while Cassius sat warm and cozy in USA

— Rep. Martin Daniel (@RepMartinDaniel) June 5, 2016

This is why I never routed for him.

Trump is not a racist. Don't let the left dictate your opinions.

They aren't. The left may be like the Borg, but they aren't going to assimilate me. Worry not.

Just because I'm voting for Trump doesn't mean I'll automatically ignore the stupid shit he says.
I don't have a problem with that but you are calling him a racist and I disagree. He has not made racist statements. The left (with the help of the media) keeps saying that he has and it appeared that you fell victim to the big lie.

Is it unpatriotic to go do the bidding of the rich, and fight their wars?
that, is proof, absolute, undeniable proof, that you are a complete and utter moron.

he wussed our 50 years before islam became a problem.

You know..............back in the 1960's, Islam was considered to be a religion of peace, and, by the practices of those like Mohammed Ali, it was considered to be so.

However...............because of certain world events (look them up yourself) that happened in the late 1970's, terrorist attacks became something to be feared and looked out for.

But then again, we have Christians who are willing to shoot doctors, shoot people in churches or blow up federal buildings.

Face it....................terrorists don't belong to just one religion, all religions have some kind of fringe wing that thinks it's okay to go against the rule of one of the 10 Commandments that states "thou shalt not murder".

Murder and killing never solve anything.

I don't have a problem with that but you are calling him a racist and I disagree. ... The left (with the help of the media) keeps saying that he has and it appeared that you fell victim to the big lie.

That's your right, and I don't dispute that you have it. However, I neither agree or disagree with the idea of Trump being racist. So thus, I fell for nothing.

Face it....................terrorists don't belong to just one religion, all religions have some kind of fringe wing that thinks it's okay to go against the rule of one of the 10 Commandments that states "thou shalt not murder".
Don't be so disingenuous, you know the overwhelming amount of terrorism is Islamic.

Draft dodging for a cause that isn't really worth dying for isn't bad in my books, it's using your brain. However the whole "draft dodger" thing is used to guilt people into dying for other people.
People who dodge a draft should feel guilty, and protecting everyone and everything you know and love it a worthy cause. Of course, you're a Liberal, so you just believe that anytime we have an enemy knocking at our door, we should just roll over and let them kill all of us.

I don't really get the point of this thread. Ali DID dodge the draft. Sometimes the truth hurts, but it doesn't mean we should not speak it.

He didn't dodge the draft. He flat out told them he wasn't going.

Being a conscientious objector is not, NOT I repeat, dodging the draft. He was not a draft dodger. He was conscientious objector, which was upheld by the Supreme Court of the United States.

A conscientious objector is NOT A DRAFT DODGER.

The fact you RW people don't understand the difference is yet another indication of your total ignorance of history, of social norms, and just a general lack of education, as well as you are all very, very dumb and narrow minded.

Conscientious objectors have been around a great long time before Ali. They are not draft dodgers.

aliwins4a-4-web.jpg

I personally don't think "dodging the draft" is particularly reflective of Ali's character. He more than made up for his mistake (if it was one) by becoming a hero to hundreds of millions of people. Oh, and let's not how this "draft dodger" endorsed Ronald Reagan for president in 1984. Another thing is that it's pretty childish to condemn a man because of his faith, even if he was a member of the Nation of Islam.

I recall when Nelson Mandela died, this same stuff happening. It's pathetic to me. Really.

I wasn't condemning anyone at ALL. I spoke the truth though. Sorry you took it as me slamming him.
You didn't speak the truth. He was not a draft dodger. Learn your history.

The fact you RW people don't understand the difference is yet another indication of your total ignorance of history, of social norms, and just a general lack of education, as well as you are all very, very dumb and narrow minded.

I beg your pardon?

I happen to be a "RW" person, and I know for a fact that we don't all have such a failing.

People who dodge a draft should feel guilty, and protecting everyone and everything you know and love it a worthy cause. Of course, you're a Liberal, so you just believe that anytime we have an enemy knocking at our door, we should just roll over and let them kill all of us.

If it were WW2, then maybe you have a point. If it's Vietnam, Iraq 1 or 2, or any other modern conflict which is fought by poor people for the benefit of rich people, then they should NEVER feel guilty.

Would you die so some rich person can make an extra $100 million a year? Really?

I beg your pardon?

I happen to be a "RW" person, and I know for a fact that we don't all have such a failing.
Not all no. Most on here though. And those are obviously the ones I am referring to.

I don't really get the point of this thread. Ali DID dodge the draft. Sometimes the truth hurts, but it doesn't mean we should not speak it.

He didn't dodge the draft. He flat out told them he wasn't going.

Being a conscientious objector is not, NOT I repeat, dodging the draft. He was not a draft dodger. He was conscientious objector, which was upheld by the Supreme Court of the United States.

A conscientious objector is NOT A DRAFT DODGER.

Conscientious objectors have been around a great long time before Ali. They are not draft dodgers.

aliwins4a-4-web.jpg

You lost me with you started in the ''you RW people''. GMAB. I may have used the wrong term. I said that already, but Taz said himself he flat out said he was not going.
Do you know when he said that?

Forum List

Back