Republican legislator slams Muhammad Ali

If you all don't respect the concept of Conscientious Objector, then you don't support and respect our Constitution which allows it as a reasonable reason not to fight in a war. You people use the Constitution and Bill of Rights when it suits you and ignore, even disclaim, it when it doesn't. Shame on you.

I personally don't think "dodging the draft" is particularly reflective of Ali's character. He more than made up for his mistake (if it was one) by becoming a hero to hundreds of millions of people. Oh, and let's not how this "draft dodger" endorsed Ronald Reagan for president in 1984. Another thing is that it's pretty childish to condemn a man because of his faith, even if he was a member of the Nation of Islam.

I recall when Nelson Mandela died, this same stuff happening. It's pathetic to me. Really.

I wasn't condemning anyone at ALL. I spoke the truth though. Sorry you took it as me slamming him.
You didn't speak the truth. He was not a draft dodger. Learn your history.

First off..please do not call me a liar. I DID speak the truth. You just can't handle the truth...so you go on the attack.
My husband served in the military. I take HIS word, and he said Ali did dodge. So whether he dodged, said he was refusing to go..whatever words he used, it comes out the same.
Your husband is wrong. You are wrong. The US Supreme Court is right. End of.

Newp. We are right.....especially my husband. I take his word over yours...someone on a message board, any day. I do however thing you need to read further before replying to any more of my posts. I already said OKAY.
IT IS NOT MY WORD, IT IS THE SUPREME COURT'S WORD.

If it were WW2, then maybe you have a point. If it's Vietnam, Iraq 1 or 2, or any other modern conflict which is fought by poor people for the benefit of rich people, then they should NEVER feel guilty.

Would you die so some rich person can make an extra $100 million a year? Really?
If I were called upon to serve my country in any way, I certainly wouldn't dodge. I'd serve my country proudly. However, it's physically impossible for me to serve in the military. I'm not sure how drafts work in those cases, but I'm about 90% sure they only draft able-bodied people. I'd also like to point out that rich people can get drafted for either Iraq war, so claiming that only poor people can get drafted is ignorant(Military Selective Service Act).
Interestingly, there was a thread on here recently on John Wayne, and all the RWrs praising him to the hilt for being a 'true American hero.' He dodged the military: he didn't fight for his country or serve his country. This during WWII. Not a conscientious objector, just didn't go. Stayed home.

How is he different from Ali? Oh yeah, he's white.

No different at all in my eyes. My did, as an 18 year old didn't want to serve in WW2 either............but he did.
You haven't even looked up the meaning of and purpose of the term conscientious objector, so you cannot know what you are talking about. It isn't the 'same thing.'
So you agree with the scotus that corporations are people.

Interestingly, there was a thread on here recently on John Wayne, and all the RWrs praising him to the hilt for being a 'true American hero.' He dodged the military: he didn't fight for his country or serve his country. This during WWII. Not a conscientious objector, just didn't go. Stayed home.

We're not a hive mind. If he dodged, he's just as guilty. I find it awkward you pulled the 'race card' when nobody had brought it up. Is that how you try to win debates when backed into a corner? By bringing up irrelevant details? I don't care what color either one is, if they refused to serve their country, they should be ashamed.

If it were WW2, then maybe you have a point. If it's Vietnam, Iraq 1 or 2, or any other modern conflict which is fought by poor people for the benefit of rich people, then they should NEVER feel guilty.

Would you die so some rich person can make an extra $100 million a year? Really?
If I were called upon to serve my country in any way, I certainly wouldn't dodge. I'd serve my country proudly. However, it's physically impossible for me to serve in the military. I'm not sure how drafts work in those cases, but I'm about 90% sure they only draft able-bodied people. I'd also like to point out that rich people can get drafted for either Iraq war, so claiming that only poor people can get drafted is ignorant(Military Selective Service Act).

No different at all in my eyes. My did, as an 18 year old didn't want to serve in WW2 either............but he did.
You haven't even looked up the meaning of and purpose of the term conscientious objector, so you cannot know what you are talking about. It isn't the 'same thing.'

How do you know? Maybe I already have or had. Kinda a stupid come back since you have no way to know what YOU are talking about.

I SAID IN MY EYES WHAT JOHN WAYNE DID WAS NO DIFFERENT IF HE REFUSED TO SERVE.

Now why is that so hard? I was agreeing with you. You just want to fight for some odd reason. NO>>>>thank you. Done here with you.

(BTW I fixed my error. My did was to mean my dad)

How do you know? Maybe I already have or had. Kinda a stupid come back since you have no way to know what YOU are talking about.

Now why is that so hard? I was agreeing with you. You just want to fight for some odd reason. NO>>>>thank you. Done here with you.

If you had researched the conscientious objector status situation, you would have had a more insightful response other than 'my husband said so and I believe him' :rolleyes:

If you had researched the conscientious objector status situation, you would have had a more insightful response other than 'my husband said so and I believe him' :rolleyes:
It's literally legal Draft Dodging. He's still a Draft Dodger.

We're not a hive mind. If he dodged, he's just as guilty. I find it awkward you pulled the 'race card' when nobody had brought it up. Is that how you try to win debates when backed into a corner? By bringing up irrelevant details? I don't care what color either one is, if they refused to serve their country, they should be ashamed.
Listen, people were drooling over Wayne and what a great American hero he was when all the while he was one who didn't serve his country, didn't join the military during WWII. The difference is that he was white and not a Muslim. Bigotry and racism. That's the key. You people think you can pull out this 'race card' statement whenever you want, and it is often, and people will back down on their position. Bullshit. Bullshit. You are playing a game only you win because it is a bogus game.

You having reading comprehension problems tonight Esmeralda? I said I believe him over YOU. Having said that...say what you want. I won't argue with you any more. pppffttt.

Listen people were drooling over Wayne and what a great American hero he was when all the while he was one who didn't serve his country, didn't join the military during WWII. The difference is that he was white and not a Muslim. Bigotry and racism. That's the key. You people think you can pull out this 'racist card' statement whenever you want, and it is often, and people will back down on their position. Bullshit. Bullshit. You are playing a game only you win because it is a bogus game.
You're the one that brought up the 'race card'. Why don't you try to win the debate with facts instead of accusations? Or are you just going to throw around accusations because you have no facts? Kat and I literally just said that they're both guilty of refusing to serve their country. Are you going to actually debate or just call everyone racist, then pick up your toys and go home?

I guess I can break it down for you, since you don't seem to comprehend. He did not want to fight for his country. He avoided(DODGED) the DRAFT by taking it to court. Through the LEGAL system, it was decided he did not have to go. He legally dodged the draft. It's legal draft dodging.

Listen people were drooling over Wayne and what a great American hero he was when all the while he was one who didn't serve his country, didn't join the military during WWII. The difference is that he was white and not a Muslim. Bigotry and racism. That's the key. You people think you can pull out this 'racist card' statement whenever you want, and it is often, and people will back down on their position. Bullshit. Bullshit. You are playing a game only you win because it is a bogus game.
You're the one that brought up the 'race card'. Why don't you try to win the debate with facts instead of accusations? Or are you just going to throw around accusations because you have no facts? Kat and I literally just said that they're both guilty of refusing to serve their country. Are you going to actually debate or just call everyone racist, then pick up your toys and go home?
I didn't bring up any 'race card' you idiot. I don't consider speaking the truth a problem. You named my truth 'the race card.' What an idiot.

I guess I can break it down for you, since you don't seem to comprehend. He did not want to fight for his country. He avoided(DODGED) the DRAFT by taking it to court. Through the LEGAL system, it was decided he did not have to go. He legally dodged the draft. It's legal draft dodging.
You can't break it down because you are too fucking stupid and ignorant to understand the reality of the conscientious objector status. You are stupid. Period. End of.

I didn't bring up any 'race card' you idiot. I don't consider speaking the truth a problem. You named my truth 'the race card.' What an idiot.
You stopped debating to call us racists. You pulled the 'race card'. In a debate, that's as good as admitting you lost. Why don't you just save what dignity you have left, apologize to Kat, then go on your merry way? Or unmerry way, I really don't mind.

You can't break it down because you are too fucking stupid and ignorant to understand the reality of the conscientious objector status. You are stupid. Period. End of.
Oh, now you're just hurling insults. Disappointed you lost, or are you just immature? Almost forgot which of us was 14 here.

You know..............back in the 1960's, Islam was considered to be a religion of peace, and, by the practices of those like Mohammed Ali, it was considered to be so.

However...............because of certain world events (look them up yourself) that happened in the late 1970's, terrorist attacks became something to be feared and looked out for.

But then again, we have Christians who are willing to shoot doctors, shoot people in churches or blow up federal buildings.

Face it....................terrorists don't belong to just one religion, all religions have some kind of fringe wing that thinks it's okay to go against the rule of one of the 10 Commandments that states "thou shalt not murder".

Murder and killing never solve anything.
why does the left constantly lie about christians 'terrorist"?

except for a few shootings, there's nothing else. McVey didn't do what he did in the name of religion, and you know that.

so why lie?
You people don't realize how often and to how many people the United States military are terrorists to them. Think about it, if you are able. Probably not as your mind is too closed.

Obedience by itself is not patriotism. America would have been better off if more had refused immoral war making.

You stopped debating to call us racists. You pulled the 'race card'. In a debate, that's as good as admitting you lost. Why don't you just save what dignity you have left, apologize to Kat, then go on your merry way? Or unmerry way, I really don't mind.
You are an idiot. Crawl back in your hole.

Forum List

Back