Republican legislator slams Muhammad Ali

Perhaps it will sink in on a Wednesday in November when President Elect Clinton is taking her victory lap and your messiah is blaming the ______________ for his losing.

LOL, you're just like everyone who thought Sonny Liston would wipe the floor with Ali. We will see who wins in November, won't we?

But talk is cheap….How about an Avatar bet? I have listed two 200 x 200 mp reasonably good pictures of both presumptive nominees below. The term of the bet is from 11:59 PM on election day evening to Noon 1/20/17 after the next President is sworn in.

The two avatars meet the requirements for USMB and they aren’t ugly pictures of the person who will be the President-Elect. It won’t embarrass anyone. So lets stick to those two. Lets keep it fun!!!

To make it clear

If Hillary becomes President, you use this avatar until she is sworn in:

If Donald Trump becomes President, I use this avatar until he is sworn in.:
DJT_Headshot_V2_200x200.jpg

Counting electoral votes and 12th Amendment actions only. No wiggling out if popular vote and EV are in disagreement or if there is some sort of indictment/convention shenanigans.

Simply by whomever is duly elected President.

Deal? You sound pretty confident....lets see if you're exceptional or just another name we can add to the endless rabble of conservatives who are only courageous in theory.

Don't sing it; bring it!!!!

It is also interesting how people criticize Trump's racism, but won't address Ali's or criticize Ali's but not Trump's. Am I living in an alternate universe?
Trump is not a racist. Don't let the left dictate your opinions.

Actually he is. He is not being characterized as a racist; he is a racist.
Please tell him to not change a thing... The best thing that could happen to HRC is to have Trump near an open microphone.
Actually that's your opinion, which really isn't worth anything.

Perhaps it will sink in on a Wednesday in November when President Elect Clinton is taking her victory lap and your messiah is blaming the ______________ for his losing.
Another opinion that is worthless. Any more worthless opinions?

Well, since you put it that way, lets see what' you're made of little man.

I don't think drumpf gets as many electoral votes as Romney. Do you think other wise?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Meant for CCorn

Trump is not a racist. Don't let the left dictate your opinions.

Please tell him to not change a thing... The best thing that could happen to HRC is to have Trump near an open microphone.

I don't think drumpf gets as many electoral votes as Romney. Do you think other wise?
How is you stating a worthless opinion and asking a dumb question a test of what I'm made of?

In the early Christian Church followers of Christ refused to take up arms.

In as much as they [Jesus' teachings] ruled out as illicit all use of violence and injury against others, clearly implied [was] the illegitimacy of participation in war... The early Christians took Jesus at his word, and understood his inculcations of gentleness and non-resistance in their literal sense. They closely identified their religion with peace; they strongly condemned war for the bloodshed which it involved.

— The Early Christian Attitude to War.

Conscientious objector - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:

In as much as they [Jesus' teachings] ruled out as illicit all use of violence and injury against others, clearly implied [was] the illegitimacy of participation in war... The early Christians took Jesus at his word, and understood his inculcations of gentleness and non-resistance in their literal sense. They closely identified their religion with peace; they strongly condemned war for the bloodshed which it involved.

THAT is courage.

But talk is cheap….How about an Avatar bet? I have listed two 200 x 200 mp reasonably good pictures of both presumptive nominees below. The term of the bet is from 11:59 PM on election day evening to Noon 1/20/17 after the next President is sworn in.

I know better than to make stupid bets on a message board. If you think that's me running away, it isn't. It's pretty sad you have to substitute a real argument with a wager.

Go. Away.

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat

THAT is courage.

No. Real courage is my husband, my dad, and thousands of others that put their lives on the line for YOU, and me.

Dumb de Dumb Dumb. g'nite

What heroic act did Ali do? He talked some jumper off a ledge once. That's not heroic. He was a boxer. He got paid for each fight. Nothing heroic.

Yep, the truth hurts. I and hundreds of thousand people in the military at the time concur with that Republican legislator.

Dutiful, patriotic, brave black and white men died in jungles while Cassius sat warm and cozy in USA

— Rep. Martin Daniel (@RepMartinDaniel) June 5, 2016

Talk about sitting smug and cozy.

Vietnam War Casualties
by Race, Ethnicity and Natl Origin

Vietnam War Deaths, by Race, Ethnicity and Natl Origin

Of the 7262 blacks who died, 6, 955 or 96% were Army and Marine enlisted men. The combination of our selective service policies, our AFQT testing of both drafted and volunteers, the need for skilled enlisted men in many areas of the armed forces, all conspired to assign blacks in greater numbers to the combat units of the Army and Marine Corps. Early in the war, when blacks made up about 11.0% of our V'nam force, black casualties soared to over 20% of the total (1965, 1966). Black leaders protested and Pres Johnson ordered that black participation should be cut back in the combat units. As a result, the black casualty rate was cut to 11.5% by 1969.

How is you stating a worthless opinion and asking a dumb question a test of what I'm made of?

Shows you're too much of a pussy to take a stand, for one Lucy

I know better than to make stupid bets on a message board. If you think that's me running away, it isn't. It's pretty sad you have to substitute a real argument with a wager.

Go. Away.
On the contrary...
It is the perfect example of an Internet gas bag being revealed. The stakes are 10 wks of an avatar being next to your name; basically nothing. That you're not willing to risk "nothing" shows you're all talk.

Pretty pathetic

If it were WW2, then maybe you have a point. If it's Vietnam, Iraq 1 or 2, or any other modern conflict which is fought by poor people for the benefit of rich people, then they should NEVER feel guilty.

Would you die so some rich person can make an extra $100 million a year? Really?
If I were called upon to serve my country in any way, I certainly wouldn't dodge. I'd serve my country proudly. However, it's physically impossible for me to serve in the military. I'm not sure how drafts work in those cases, but I'm about 90% sure they only draft able-bodied people. I'd also like to point out that rich people can get drafted for either Iraq war, so claiming that only poor people can get drafted is ignorant(Military Selective Service Act).

Good for you. You'd give up your life so rich people can get richer. I'm not sure what to think of that, certainly isn't positive.

Well, I thought I might get drafted once, and I'm not sure what I would have done, I certainly wouldn't have gone.

Forum List

Back