Republican Senate candidate says rape pregnancies are "God's will"

Why do we punish rapists then?

Why don't we, when there's a rape and we catch the rapist, say,

God's will be done, and set him free?

Why do we punish rapists then?

Why don't we, when there's a rape and we catch the rapist, say,

God's will be done, and set him free?

Not long ago, rape carried the death penalty. Though I don't favor capital punishment, I'd say rape merits it as much as almost anything else, and if a woman killed to avoid it she would have no worries were I on the jury.

The plan of happiness is not based on the mutterings of a buncha old white men in SLC, my friend.

Rape is not God's will.

This fool is actually suggesting that God is an asshole because of what a rapist chose to do... lol

What makes your God an asshole, is that he didn't prevent the rape, even though he's all powerful.

The whole point of mortality is to learn good from evil and choose the good. How can that occur if God eliminates free will?

Just because you don't understand the plan of happiness, doesn't mean there is anything wrong with God. It just means you don't know God yet.

So you have one of two choices. You can seek God and learn from Him yourself. Or you can let this emnity between you and God fester until you become bitter and angry.

Actually, He said God can do miracles and bring about good even when people do evil.

He said it in about the worst way possible. I'm originally from Indiana. I'd put money on him losing the seat now. Folks there understand that God can work all things to his will, but they don't like the idea of a candidate that will say stupid stuff like that.

Democrats in Indiana are fairly conservative creatures, so voting for the Democrat here wont be the turn off that it might be in other states. Another "D" pick up in the Senate.

Just goes to show you what childhood brainwashing can bring about. If someone starves a child and feeds it shit to keep it alive the child will believe shit is food.

Did you not link to the actual story in the hope no one would see what a lying sack of shit you are?

Screw this guy. Abortion should be a CHOICE. People make mistakes, get raped, B.C. failing etc. MY opinion

It's not a harmless issue. The Republicans want to do away with Roe v Wade and take us back to a time when young kids have to travel to some backwoods con and get an abortion performed with a coat hanger. They fight to keep unwanted pregnancies alive so they can put the old capital punishment on their asses after they live a miserable life and get in trouble. There are way too many people in this world now much less the idea of forcing young women to have more. It takes idiots to think like that.

Not all Republicans want to do away with Roe, just like not all Democrats want to keep it. If your mind wasn't so simplistic you might be interesting, most issues do not split along party lines.

Anyone who understands the power of God can see the wisdom in his statement. You have to be able to understand that an all powerful being is capable of producing good from evil. It's is such a simple concept that even liberals can grasp it --- at least I would think they would have an intellect developed enough to understand it. Maybe I'm wrong here??...

How about people who do not believe in God?

Does not believing the Earth orbits the sun change the fact that the Earth orbits the sun?

How about people who do not believe in God?

Then they won't understand his comment.

And they're stupid.

People who do not believe in God are thinkers who do not just accept what they are told. They consider the subject and then decide what they believe.

People who do not believe in evolution are thinkers who do not just accept what they are told. They consider the subject and then decide what they believe.

Doesn't sound nearly as smart as you thought it does, does it?

A pregnancy from rape is God's will, and so we should let nature take its course and bring the child to term.
In this idea there is a logic which goes totally against everything America stands for and that the modern world believes.
All disease and illness is God's will and should not be resisted.
Bad rulers should be tolerated and even loved as their authority must come from God.
Transportation is probably wrong because it moves us from where God wants us to be.
Would anyone accept those arguments? Why would we tolerate a woman's unnecessary suffering without intervention on our part?
I am reminded of something my grandmother said once. She was a good woman and I loved her, but at twelve years old I already understood her mistake. An airplane flew over us and she remarked, "If God had meant us to fly, he would have given us wings." I remained silent out of respect, but thought, "If God intended people to fly, God would have given man a brain capable of figuring out how."

America stands for murder? When did that happen?

Not many people would see a pregnancy as a good thing to come of rape.

Thats because they aren't omnicient --- they can't see the end results - only see the immediate outcome. God would never allow the pregnancy if it weren't part of a bigger picture. Christians understand that bad things happen for a reason and that we (people) are WAY to insignificant to be able to understand all that is in work in God's hands.

To many liberals get the idea from their religion, secularism, that their wants and desires are the most important thing --- that THEY can determine what is good and/or bad.

If that child born of rape was intended to get the mother off drugs so she could make a stand against rape - and change the world in a good way... think about it....

Or the most obvious (albeit fantastic) the child itself could have a child that would become President.

A child born of rape isn't a bad thing because secularists say so any more than a child being born of rape is a good thing (if you could find a Christian to say so). A worthy intellectual debate - perhaps... but as a Christian, I also realize that God wouldn;t allow that important child to be aborted. Lots of children are born as a result of rape - as most rapes aren't even reported. God - not secularists - determines that as well.
What you are really saying is that God allowed the rape. Because if God can make good come out of evil, he can also prevent the evil in the first place.

This candidate, and you apparently, seem to support rape.

And that is fucked.

Does the fact that the US is rebuilding after the 9/11 attacks, making something good out of them, mean we support terrorism? If not, what the fuck is your point?

I am sure a woman having an abortion is in the same state of mind as a rapist.

I am sure that committing murder requires an entirely different state of mind.

You will never understand a women's state of mind, so you should resist commenting on it or comparing a women who has an abortion to a rapist.
You are sick, and a disgrace to Christians.
You use your religion to judge people, and that is horrible. Jesus would be so proud.

You don't think murder requires a different state of mind than rape? Seriously?

(CNN) – Richard Mourdock, running for U.S. Senate in Indiana, said at a debate Tuesday that pregnancies resulting from rape are intended by God.

The Republican candidate was explaining his opposition to abortion in cases of rape or incest when he made the remark.

GOP Senate candidate: Pregnancies from rape God

Of course - everything is by God's will in the mind of far right religious wackos. Unless of course Obama wins, that's not God's Will, right!

Actually, anyone who understands God's power would reject such a foolish statement. An all powerful God can stop the evil the first place. An all powerful God can bring about the good without the evil happening. And the argument from free will does nothing to save your weak minded statement. Because an all powerful God can do all those things without violating free will.

Tell you what, why don't you explain God's power to us lesser mortals that have to rely on self proclaimed experts, Before you do that, be sure to provide the credentials God gave you to speak for Him, and provide evidence that He actually approves of your words.

Alternatively, you could admit you are talking out of your ass.

I am with middle. You first.

Again, I am not the one that is claiming to understand God, therefore, I have no need to prove I have the right to speak for Him.

Angels of GOD

1222457471.jpg

AKA - serial rapists...

Last edited:

Forum List

Back