Republican Senator asks for CBO score of Sanders' Single Payer bill

I'd like to see a reduction in the beurocracy of the system of the repeated back and forth of charges and allowable charges.
I think employers would love to get out of the healthcare business
Yeah, putting government in charge is the best way to reduce bureaucracy. Everyone knows that!
Medicare has been around for 50 years
My mom has been using it for over 20 years and she loves it
My parents love it too! But in fairness, my parents also have TRICARE which pays their 20% share...

My mom's been on it too for 20 years, sees all the doctors she wants. We have a supplemental plan over the top which is why I think a public/private blend can work. But I would need to be convinced that the public option wouldn't increase costs of underlying care and of bureaucratic hoo ha in coverage.
ROFL! You are so naive.

Remember this quote: "if you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor."
I kept my doctor
Did you lose yours?

I will. Right now the average American pays $10K/year. If there is any reduction at all in that number, then people can use some of that for add on or substitute policies.

Having said that, as I posted above, I am not at all convinced that the public single payer system alone would reduce the overall expenditure of $10K/year. Someone would need to convince me that the single payer system would reduce the 10K. The only way to do that is not through the insurance coverage, but through reducing the underlying costs of health care. In some senses, Congress is arguing about the wrong thing. More competition among providers should reduce costs. More transparency.

In any event, I would never support solely single payer. There would always need to be competition from private insurers. The money is out there, we just need to spend it more efficiently. The market is the answer.

Ooops. Edited to add link: Here's how much the average American spends on health care
I'd like to see a reduction in the beurocracy of the system of the repeated back and forth of charges and allowable charges.
Yeah, putting government in charge is the best way to reduce bureaucracy. Everyone knows that!

Good for your mom, she has probably worked a minimum of ten years to qualify for Medicare.

My mom worked around 12 years, my dad paid Medicare from 1965 till he retired

Considering the alternative of old people going on be insurance free market to get coverage....it is a Godsend

Can we open Medicare to all? I'd like to investigate it. We are going to need something after Republicans do what they can to kill Obamacare
We can't "investigate it." The implies we could back out if we didn't like it. You know as well as I do we will never back out of it. We can't even back out of Obamacare, which everyone hates.

My parents love it too! But in fairness, my parents also have TRICARE which pays their 20% share...

My mom's been on it too for 20 years, sees all the doctors she wants. We have a supplemental plan over the top which is why I think a public/private blend can work. But I would need to be convinced that the public option wouldn't increase costs of underlying care and of bureaucratic hoo ha in coverage.
ROFL! You are so naive.

I kept my doctor
Did you lose yours?

I sure as hell did.

Obama lied. So why should anyone believe any promises made about single payer?

ROFL! You are so naive.

I kept my doctor
Did you lose yours?
Actually, that's a good point. I kept mine too.

Senator asks for CBO score of Sanders's single-payer bill

Sanders made sure not to mention anything about costs in his presentation a couple of days ago.
Let's see how much this thing is gonna save us and how much our taxes will have to be raised, etc.
your taxes will be raised, but you will no longer have your monthly insurance premiums to pay.... will be interesting to see how it actually scores...
We know how it will work. Like Obamacare, it will be disaster. Everything the government does is a disaster.

Good for your mom, she has probably worked a minimum of ten years to qualify for Medicare.

Considering the alternative of old people going on be insurance free market to get coverage....it is a Godsend

Can we open Medicare to all? I'd like to investigate it. We are going to need something after Republicans do what they can to kill Obamacare
We can't "investigate it." The implies we could back out if we didn't like it. You know as well as I do we will never back out of it. We can't even back out of Obamacare, which everyone hates.
Right again. Investigation is out of the question.

Senate panel to hold bipartisan hearings on healthcare

ROFL! You are so naive.

I kept my doctor
Did you lose yours?

I sure as hell did.

So if a President lies, we shouldn't believe any further promises made on the same subject? By anyone? Would that apply also to DACA, a border wall, tax reform that helps the middle class, repeal and replace that improves medical care at a lower cost?

ROFL! You are so naive.

I kept my doctor
Did you lose yours?

I sure as hell did.

stupid dimmy posted twice...

Of course we can investigate it
We need to evaluate the overall impacts before we can implement it

If it saves us money....let's do it

ROFL! You are so naive.

I kept my doctor
Did you lose yours?

Actually, over 90 percent of Americans kept their insurance and doctors. So at worst, Obamas claim was only ten percent wrong

But why is it nobody holds the Republicans to their claims?

Obamacare did not kill Sarah Palins baby
The economy was not destroyed
There were no death panels
There was no government takeover

ROFL! You are so naive.

I kept my doctor
Did you lose yours?

I sure as hell did.

So if a President lies, we shouldn't believe any further promises made on the same subject? By anyone? Would that apply also to DACA, a border wall, tax reform that helps the middle class, repeal and replace that improves medical care at a lower cost?
You can't ever believe anything any politicians says, period.

Of course we can investigate it
We need to evaluate the overall impacts before we can implement it

If it saves us money....let's do it
We will hear nothing but lies coming from the politicians who support it, and also from the bureaucrats who are doing the "evaluating."

Sanders made sure not to mention anything about costs in his presentation a couple of days ago.
Let's see how much this thing is gonna save us and how much our taxes will have to be raised, etc.
your taxes will be raised, but you will no longer have your monthly insurance premiums to pay.... will be interesting to see how it actually scores...
We know how it will work. Like Obamacare, it will be disaster. Everything the government does is a disaster.
Traffic lights work pretty well. I wouldn't call them a disaster. And as near as I can tell our nuclear submarines and our air force drones are pretty tight.
zxig8y6cA.jpeg

ROFL! You are so naive.

I kept my doctor
Did you lose yours?

I sure as hell did.

You and I are in violent, irrevocable agreement on this one, brit.

Traffic lights work pretty well. I wouldn't call them a disaster. And as near as I can tell our nuclear submarines and our air force drones are pretty tight.
zxig8y6cA.jpeg

ROFL! You are so naive.

I kept my doctor
Did you lose yours?

I sure as hell did.

You and I are in violent, irrevocable agreement on this one, brit.

How much do they cost? A new nuclear submarine costs $7 billion dollars. I'll bet you would be shocked at how much a traffic light costs to install.

And as you notice the far left drones on this thread refuse to post facts:

Based on the current figures it will cost at least 1 Trillion a year to operate.

What you need to know about Bernie's single-payer system

What it would do
  • The Medicare for All bill would eliminate nearly all private health insurance in favor of a government-run system that ensures comprehensive coverage to every single individual through Medicare. In the first year, the eligibility age for Medicare would be lowered to 55, and those under 18 would immediately receive access to the program. Adults not currently eligible for Medicare would be phased in over four years.
  • The legislation proposes eliminating co-payments and granting all enrollees a generous and comprehensive set of benefits that includes coverage for everything from emergency surgery to mental health services to prescription drugs. The federal government would bear the cost of the program, which it would pay for through higher taxes.
  • Sanders has not said exactly what Medicare for All will cost or settled on language raising the taxes necessary to support a universal health care system. During his presidential campaign, Sanders pegged the cost of an earlier version of his proposal at $10.38 trillion over a decade. However, other analyses estimated a much steeper price tag.

Based on the current figures it will cost at least 1 Trillion a year to operate.

What it would do
  • The Medicare for All bill would eliminate nearly all private health insurance in favor of a government-run system that ensures comprehensive coverage to every single individual through Medicare. In the first year, the eligibility age for Medicare would be lowered to 55, and those under 18 would immediately receive access to the program. Adults not currently eligible for Medicare would be phased in over four years.
  • The legislation proposes eliminating co-payments and granting all enrollees a generous and comprehensive set of benefits that includes coverage for everything from emergency surgery to mental health services to prescription drugs. The federal government would bear the cost of the program, which it would pay for through higher taxes.
  • Sanders has not said exactly what Medicare for All will cost or settled on language raising the taxes necessary to support a universal health care system. During his presidential campaign, Sanders pegged the cost of an earlier version of his proposal at $10.38 trillion over a decade. However, other analyses estimated a much steeper price tag.

The cost is at least 3 times that figure.

What it would do

The cost is at least 3 times that figure.

Well even if what I posted are true figures, there is no amount of taxes that can pay for such a program.

But then again a large portion of the budget goes to pay for the minim payment on our current close to 20 Trillion dollar debt.

Though U.S. government debt is perhaps the most widely held class of security in the world, as of the end of July 27.6% of the debt (about $5.48 trillion) is owed to another arm of the federal government itself. The single biggest creditors, in fact, are Social Security’s two trust funds, which together held more than $2.9 trillion in special non-traded Treasury securities, or 14.7% of the total debt. (Social Security revenues exceeded benefit payments for many years; the surplus was required by law to be invested in Treasuries.) Another big holder: the Federal Reserve system, which as of early August collectively held nearly $2.5 trillion worth of Treasuries, or 12.4% of the total debt. (The Fed’s holdings are included in the “debt held by public” category.)

5 facts about the national debt

ROFL! You are so naive.

I kept my doctor
Did you lose yours?

Actually, over 90 percent of Americans kept their insurance and doctors. So at worst, Obamas claim was only ten percent wrong

But why is it nobody holds the Republicans to their claims?

Obamacare did not kill Sarah Palins baby
The economy was not destroyed
There were no death panels
There was no government takeover
it's been a boom for jobs in the medical fields!

I would also like to see a score on this issue. Having spent a lot of my life as a self employed person, it would be interesting to see an actual comparison.

Right now, a decent HMO plan for a family of 3 in MA is about $1500 per month with a $5,000 deductible. How would the single payer stack up against that? Dealing with insurance companies has sucked, and that was true long before Obamacare. I don't know if the single payer plan would be a winner or loser. But, I would like to see some actual examples of the costs before making a judgment on it.

Sanders wants taxpayers to cover all healthcare costs for all illegal immigrants with the single payer plan.

Can we cut foreign aid to Central and South America to pay for their healthcare?

Forum List

Back