Republican Senators send a letter to Iran. Wow. Damn!

bigotedhatred.jpg

Oh, so IOW, you are intimidated by Iran's threats? Lol. This figures. You liberals are a bunch of pussies. :D

Here’s a list of the GOP senators who signed the Iran letter

The letter, spearheaded by Sen. Tom Cotton, was signed by 47 Republican senators. Seven GOP senators did not sign. Here's who signed:

Signatories:
Richard Shelby (Ala.)
Jeff Sessions (Ala.)
Dan Sullivan (Alaska)
John McCain (Ariz.)
John Boozman (Ark.)
Tom Cotton (Ark.)
Cory Gardner (Colo.)
Marco Rubio (Fla.)
Johnny Isakson (Ga.)
David Perdue (Ga.)
Mike Crapo (Idaho)
Jim Risch (Idaho)
Mark Kirk (Ill.)
Chuck Grassley (Iowa)
Joni Ernst (Iowa)
Pat Roberts (Kansas)
Jerry Moran (Kansas)
Mitch McConnell (Ky.)
Rand Paul (Ky.)
David Vitter (La.)
Bill Cassidy (La.)
Roger Wicker (Miss.)
Roy Blunt (Mo.)
Steve Daines (Mont.)
Deb Fischer (Neb.)
Ben Sasse (Neb.)
Dean Heller (Nev.)
Kelly Ayotte (N.H.)
Richard Burr (N.C.)
Thom Tillis (N.C.)
John Hoeven (N.D.)
Rob Portman (Ohio)
Jim Inhofe (Okla.)
James Lankford (Okla.)
Pat Toomey (Pa.)
Lindsey Graham (S.C.)
Tim Scott (S.C.)
John Thune (S.D.)
Mike Rounds (S.D.)
John Cornyn (Texas)
Ted Cruz (Texas)
Orin Hatch (Utah)
Mike Lee (Utah)
Shelley Moore Capito (W.V.)
Ron Johnson (Wis.)
Mike Enzi (Wyo.)
John Barrasso (Wyo.)

Did not sign:
Lisa Murkowski (Alaska)
Jeff Flake (Ariz.)
Daniel Coats (Ind.)
Susan Collins (Maine)
Thad Cochran (Miss.)
Lamar Alexander (Tenn.)
Bob Corker (Tenn.)

Here's a list of the GOP senators who signed the Iran letter - The Washington Post

Is your Senator on the list?

Kudos to those who signed the letter. :D At least somebody is thinking.

Here’s a list of the GOP senators who signed the Iran letter

The letter, spearheaded by Sen. Tom Cotton, was signed by 47 Republican senators. Seven GOP senators did not sign. Here's who signed:

Signatories:
Richard Shelby (Ala.)
Jeff Sessions (Ala.)
Dan Sullivan (Alaska)
John McCain (Ariz.)
John Boozman (Ark.)
Tom Cotton (Ark.)
Cory Gardner (Colo.)
Marco Rubio (Fla.)
Johnny Isakson (Ga.)
David Perdue (Ga.)
Mike Crapo (Idaho)
Jim Risch (Idaho)
Mark Kirk (Ill.)
Chuck Grassley (Iowa)
Joni Ernst (Iowa)
Pat Roberts (Kansas)
Jerry Moran (Kansas)
Mitch McConnell (Ky.)
Rand Paul (Ky.)
David Vitter (La.)
Bill Cassidy (La.)
Roger Wicker (Miss.)
Roy Blunt (Mo.)
Steve Daines (Mont.)
Deb Fischer (Neb.)
Ben Sasse (Neb.)
Dean Heller (Nev.)
Kelly Ayotte (N.H.)
Richard Burr (N.C.)
Thom Tillis (N.C.)
John Hoeven (N.D.)
Rob Portman (Ohio)
Jim Inhofe (Okla.)
James Lankford (Okla.)
Pat Toomey (Pa.)
Lindsey Graham (S.C.)
Tim Scott (S.C.)
John Thune (S.D.)
Mike Rounds (S.D.)
John Cornyn (Texas)
Ted Cruz (Texas)
Orin Hatch (Utah)
Mike Lee (Utah)
Shelley Moore Capito (W.V.)
Ron Johnson (Wis.)
Mike Enzi (Wyo.)
John Barrasso (Wyo.)

Did not sign:
Lisa Murkowski (Alaska)
Jeff Flake (Ariz.)
Daniel Coats (Ind.)
Susan Collins (Maine)
Thad Cochran (Miss.)
Lamar Alexander (Tenn.)
Bob Corker (Tenn.)

Here's a list of the GOP senators who signed the Iran letter - The Washington Post

Is your Senator on the list?

Kudos to those who signed the letter. :D At least somebody is thinking.

Quite a message they sent to all the other countries seeking an agreement with iran. They insulted our country, Germany, France, Russia, China...

Last edited:
Umm, you can't stop them from becoming nuclear.

What we need is an agreement so they realize they don't need and shouldn't want one. No agreement and they feel they need one.
Constitutionally, their role is to advise and consent the president of treaties the president seeks to forge with other nations. They have no authority to interfere with treaties by communicating with foreign nations.

Well, I don't have a problem with it, since I think the president is making a horrible mistake. Someone needs to step up!

Somebody needs to step up and make us look like weak morons to the rest of the world? No I don't think we needed that.

By not abiding by Iran's wishes, we look weak? :lol: Figures a weak little scaredy cat like yourself would think so.

Abiding by Iran's wishes? And what are those wishes?

ChL10956002
Well, I don't have a problem with it, since I think the president is making a horrible mistake. Someone needs to step up!

Your concern that Obama is making a mistake has just become absolutely irrelevant. The five permanent members on the UNSC have just stepped up:

Major Nations Hold Talks On Ending U.N. Sanctions On Iran: Officials
LOUIS CHARBONNEAU
Reuters Posted: 03/13/15 12:00 AM ET Updated: 03/13/15 12:00 AM ET
(Reuters) - Major world powers have begun talks about a United Nations Security Council resolution to lift U.N. sanctions on Iran if a nuclear agreement is struck with Tehran, a step that could make it harder for the U.S. Congress to undo a deal, Western officials said.

Major Nations Hold Talks On Ending U.N. Sanctions On Iran Officials

Your stepped up US Senators are the laughing stock of the entire world now,

Their pissy-assed Teapublican stunt just fully backfired.

The US Senate has no jurisdiction over France Russia China and the UK. Plus Germany is involved in the talks.

The UNSC will surely act if the spectre of a GOP Presidential win in 2016 looms on the horizon. Only the President can issue a veto of UNSC Resolutions.

ChL10956002

Your concern that Obama is making a mistake has just become absolutely irrelevant. The five permanent members on the UNSC have just stepped up:

LOUIS CHARBONNEAU
(Reuters) - Major world powers have begun talks about a United Nations Security Council resolution to lift U.N. sanctions on Iran if a nuclear agreement is struck with Tehran, a step that could make it harder for the U.S. Congress to undo a deal, Western officials said.

The US Senate has no jurisdiction over France Russia China and the UK. Plus Germany is involved in the talks.

The UNSC will surely act if the spectre of a GOP Presidential win in 2016 looms on the horizon. Only the President can issue a veto of UNSC Resolutions.

That does not mean they cannot express their disagreement on the matter and to let Iran know that most American citizens do not agree with Mr. Obama. Even if it doesn't do any good, they will be shown to be correct in the future.

ChL10956002

LOUIS CHARBONNEAU

Like I have said, the world will act without us. These senators just lowered our standing in the world.

What we need is an agreement so they realize they don't need and shouldn't want one. No agreement and they feel they need one.
Constitutionally, their role is to advise and consent the president of treaties the president seeks to forge with other nations. They have no authority to interfere with treaties by communicating with foreign nations.

Somebody needs to step up and make us look like weak morons to the rest of the world? No I don't think we needed that.

By not abiding by Iran's wishes, we look weak? :lol: Figures a weak little scaredy cat like yourself would think so.

Abiding by Iran's wishes? And what are those wishes?

What the hell do you think we've been talking about all this time? Duh. Try and follow along.

ChL10956002

LOUIS CHARBONNEAU

Like I have said, the world will act without us. These senators just lowered our standing in the world.

Nope, they haven't. A lot of people are glad they spoke out against this ridiculousness.

ChL10956002

LOUIS CHARBONNEAU

That does not mean they cannot express their disagreement on the matter and to let Iran know that most American citizens do not agree with Mr. Obama. Even if it doesn't do any good, they will be shown to be correct in the future.

And they told Germany, UK, France, China, and Russia they are morons for discussing a deal with Iran. This is why senators don't send letters to other countries.

ChL10956002

LOUIS CHARBONNEAU

And they told Germany, UK, France, China, and Russia they are morons for discussing a deal with Iran. This is why senators don't send letters to other countries.

They would be correct. :D They are being honest and they are right.

ChL10956002

LOUIS CHARBONNEAU

Nope, they haven't. A lot of people are glad they spoke out against this ridiculousness.

Poll I saw said they are a minority.

ChL10956002

LOUIS CHARBONNEAU

Post it. Of course, you are untrustworthy.

ChL10956002

LOUIS CHARBONNEAU

They would be correct. :D They are being honest and they are right.

And our standing in the world has fallen. Sanctions will mean very little without the support of the rest of the world.

ChL10956002

LOUIS CHARBONNEAU

Post it. Of course, you are untrustworthy.

Only 28% support it. I expect that to keep dropping.
Poll Americans Think GOP s Iran Letter Was Inappropriate

Does any one else wonder why Reagan and company were sooooo damn trusting of the Iranians during the Iran-Contra scandal??

Just asking........

Forum List

Back