🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Republicans and the NRA are responsible for all the gun murders

Why do 8,124 souls who lost their lives to gun murder in 2014 mean nothing to you? Considering that 70% more than that were probably injured by guns but survived, that's a lot of people hurt unnecessarily.
If 8,000 people were injured by exploding lithium batteries per year, would you shrug and say "Don't bother doing anything about it--it's a lot less than die in car crashes." That's ridiculous!

Because guns keep us safe and free......and are used by Americans 1,500,000 times a year to stop criminals....according to bill clinton and barak obama.......

There are 356,991,876 million guns in private hands....and though the 8,124 are tragedies, even if they are violent criminals murdering other violent criminals........they are tiny numbers compared to the lives saved each year with guns......

you can count can't you?

And cars killed 35,000 people in 2013.....but you don't have a problem with that...that is more than those murdered with guns and gun accident deaths combined.........

What's Behind The Decline In Crime?
I put this in the other thread; here you go again.
The decline in crime may have many reasons, but the fact that more people are carrying guns is not proposed as one of them. The reasons people are less violent are the factors that make sense.
There has also been a decline in landlines since the 1990's. That is not because more people are carrying guns.

Why do 8,124 souls who lost their lives to gun murder in 2014 mean nothing to you? Considering that 70% more than that were probably injured by guns but survived, that's a lot of people hurt unnecessarily.
If 8,000 people were injured by exploding lithium batteries per year, would you shrug and say "Don't bother doing anything about it--it's a lot less than die in car crashes." That's ridiculous!

35,000 people die in car accidents and you don't want them banned...that is a lot more than by guns......

What's Behind The Decline In Crime?
I put this in the other thread; here you go again.
The decline in crime may have many reasons, but the fact that more people are carrying guns is not proposed as one of them. The reasons people are less violent are the factors that make sense.
There has also been a decline in landlines since the 1990's. That is not because more people are carrying guns.

And yet 13 million people carry guns...and the crime rate still went down....your whole argument about guns leading to more crime is wrong.......

Guns have one sole purpose: to place a projectile into another, causing death. They were created to win wars. If we need them for trained soldiers to stop invasions by bad guys, fine. Every cowboy in this country doesn't need five guns in the basement with which to protect his family from imaginary bad guys and government invasion.
I agree with OP to some extent: The NRA has certainly contributed to a bad situation by promoting the idea that the only way to be safe is to own more guns. They are too easy to get, designed to kill more people more quickly than any but soldiers require, and unfortunately they are becoming more and more 'popular' due to the continual NRA goading to BUY MORE.

People should be armed and aware how to properly use firearms.

Name to me one police officer who ever came to your home, who knew someone was about to break in with the intent of robbing, raping and killing.

If a member of my family is home when someone tries....someone dies. My bet is on the one trying to break in, as death is the only sentence for them that should be applied.

Guns have one sole purpose: to place a projectile into another, causing death. They were created to win wars. If we need them for trained soldiers to stop invasions by bad guys, fine. Every cowboy in this country doesn't need five guns in the basement with which to protect his family from imaginary bad guys and government invasion.
I agree with OP to some extent: The NRA has certainly contributed to a bad situation by promoting the idea that the only way to be safe is to own more guns. They are too easy to get, designed to kill more people more quickly than any but soldiers require, and unfortunately they are becoming more and more 'popular' due to the continual NRA goading to BUY MORE.

I've owned firearms for 50+ years, and unless they have figured out how to get out of my gun safe, sneak out of the house without waking me, kill someone, sneak back into the house, again, without waking me, and lock themselves back in the safe, my guns havent' killed anyone or anything.

I'd say about 95-99% of gun owners, IMO, find the OP and your post foolish.

I have a confession to make. It's hard for me to say this publicly, but one of my guns killed a couple people. I tried to stop it, but my AR-15 broke out of the safe and went on a drunken rampage. It walked into some house, shot up a family, and then stole a car. It led police on a high speed chase through four states, where my AR-15 was finally brought down in a hail of gunfire. When I went to the police station to identify my gun, I told the officer to arrest me as I felt responsible, but he told me to forget it. Inanimate objects are to blame for these tragedies, not the people holding the guns. He's right of course, but it's still hard when I look at the other guns in my safe. Any one of them might just go out on day and kill again while I sit at home and worry.

But it's not my fault. It's no one's fault what guns do. Guns do it on their own.

The GOP and the NRA have been creating the "gun culture" ever since the Columbine massacre. They've flooded this country with guns, by scaring stupid people into believing that the government is out to get them and is out to take their guns. Every time there's another massacre, gun sales go through the roof.
you can see from the manufacturing and import figures above that another 45 – 47 million guns have been added since then (2010 through 2013)
http://dailycaller.com/2014/11/04/gu...y-the-numbers/

So the NRA and republicans are responsible for every gun murder in this country, because they promote the "gun culture".

You're so full of shit that your breath stinks.

Okay. You convinced me. I'd

I've owned firearms for 50+ years, and unless they have figured out how to get out of my gun safe, sneak out of the house without waking me, kill someone, sneak back into the house, again, without waking me, and lock themselves back in the safe, my guns havent' killed anyone or anything.

I have a confession to make. It's hard for me to say this publicly, but one of my guns killed a couple people. I tried to stop it, but my AR-15 broke out of the safe and went on a drunken rampage. It walked into some house, shot up a family, and then stole a car. It led police on a high speed chase through four states, where my AR-15 was finally brought down in a hail of gunfire. When I went to the police station to identify my gun, I told the officer to arrest me as I felt responsible, but he told me to forget it. Inanimate objects are to blame for these tragedies, not the people holding the guns. He's right of course, but it's still hard when I look at the other guns in my safe. Any one of them might just go out on day and kill again while I sit at home and worry.

But it's not my fault. It's no one's fault what guns do. Guns do it on their own.
Why do you need an AR15? Wouldn't one or two bullets do, or are you that bad a shot?

The left in this country make me laugh.

The GOP and the NRA have been creating the "gun culture" ever since the Columbine massacre. They've flooded this country with guns, by scaring stupid people into believing that the government is out to get them and is out to take their guns. Every time there's another massacre, gun sales go through the roof.
you can see from the manufacturing and import figures above that another 45 – 47 million guns have been added since then (2010 through 2013)
http://dailycaller.com/2014/11/04/gu...y-the-numbers/

So the NRA and republicans are responsible for every gun murder in this country, because they promote the "gun culture".
---------------------- Gun Culture is American culture . Learn it , promote and teach the children !!

Why do you need an AR15? Wouldn't one or two bullets do, or are you that bad a shot?

How many bullets does an AR-15 shoot?

------------------------ hey OldLady , American citizens have the RIGHT to the same small arms as the individual American infantry soldier .

We have more guns than any nation on the planet. If gun ownership increases safety why are we not the safest country on the planet?

Dunno. Isn't that one of the rat-a-tat-tat guns? If it's the kind that Fess Parker used to kill the bad hombres, I take it back.

-------------- depends on the magazine capacity but an AR15 that most Americans have only shoots one bullet with each individual trigger pull . Magazines come in 5 - 10 - 20 and more capacities WILLH!!

Here's a suggestion for you...read the second amendment

If you are still too stupid to understand... Take a Xanax and call your therapist in the AM.

Dunno. Isn't that one of the rat-a-tat-tat guns? If it's the kind that Fess Parker used to kill the bad hombres, I take it back.
---------------------------- semi auto AR15 shoots one round per trigger pull OldLady !!

-------------- depends on the magazine capacity but an AR15 that most Americans have only shoots one bullet with each individual trigger pull . Magazines come in 5 - 10 - 20 and more capacities WILLH!!

You are wasting your time with this one. She is of the belief that AR stands for "Assault Rifle" and no amount of education will change the fool's mind.

Forum List

Back