🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Republicans and the NRA are responsible for all the gun murders

Democrats are responsible for all deaths that are the result of individual stupidity.

12 Accidental Deaths You Won't Believe (accidental death, strange deaths) - ODDEE

A thrill-seeker trying to give himself a sexual high killed himself by pulling a condom over his head, an inquest has heard. Gary Ashbrook, 31, was discovered naked on his bed alongside three empty cans of nitrous oxide he used to blow up the contraceptive. A post-mortem examination revealed that Mr Ashbrook, who had been HIV positive for seven years, died from asphyxiation

a96835_a514_condom-asphixed.jpg

Okay. You convinced me. I'd
Guns have one sole purpose: to place a projectile into another, causing death. They were created to win wars. If we need them for trained soldiers to stop invasions by bad guys, fine. Every cowboy in this country doesn't need five guns in the basement with which to protect his family from imaginary bad guys and government invasion.
I agree with OP to some extent: The NRA has certainly contributed to a bad situation by promoting the idea that the only way to be safe is to own more guns. They are too easy to get, designed to kill more people more quickly than any but soldiers require, and unfortunately they are becoming more and more 'popular' due to the continual NRA goading to BUY MORE.

I've owned firearms for 50+ years, and unless they have figured out how to get out of my gun safe, sneak out of the house without waking me, kill someone, sneak back into the house, again, without waking me, and lock themselves back in the safe, my guns havent' killed anyone or anything.

I'd say about 95-99% of gun owners, IMO, find the OP and your post foolish.

I have a confession to make. It's hard for me to say this publicly, but one of my guns killed a couple people. I tried to stop it, but my AR-15 broke out of the safe and went on a drunken rampage. It walked into some house, shot up a family, and then stole a car. It led police on a high speed chase through four states, where my AR-15 was finally brought down in a hail of gunfire. When I went to the police station to identify my gun, I told the officer to arrest me as I felt responsible, but he told me to forget it. Inanimate objects are to blame for these tragedies, not the people holding the guns. He's right of course, but it's still hard when I look at the other guns in my safe. Any one of them might just go out on day and kill again while I sit at home and worry.

But it's not my fault. It's no one's fault what guns do. Guns do it on their own.
Why do you need an AR15? Wouldn't one or two bullets do, or are you that bad a shot?

How many bullets does an AR-15 shoot?
Dunno. Isn't that one of the rat-a-tat-tat guns? If it's the kind that Fess Parker used to kill the bad hombres, I take it back.

It only shoots one bullet per trigger pull

If it has a magazine that holds 30 bullets, you have to pull the trigger 30 times to empty it.

We have more guns than any nation on the planet. If gun ownership increases safety why are we not the safest country on the planet?

Come to my neck of the woods. Break into my home. You'll be carried out feet first. My world is absolutely safe. Yours?

I've owned firearms for 50+ years, and unless they have figured out how to get out of my gun safe, sneak out of the house without waking me, kill someone, sneak back into the house, again, without waking me, and lock themselves back in the safe, my guns havent' killed anyone or anything.

I have a confession to make. It's hard for me to say this publicly, but one of my guns killed a couple people. I tried to stop it, but my AR-15 broke out of the safe and went on a drunken rampage. It walked into some house, shot up a family, and then stole a car. It led police on a high speed chase through four states, where my AR-15 was finally brought down in a hail of gunfire. When I went to the police station to identify my gun, I told the officer to arrest me as I felt responsible, but he told me to forget it. Inanimate objects are to blame for these tragedies, not the people holding the guns. He's right of course, but it's still hard when I look at the other guns in my safe. Any one of them might just go out on day and kill again while I sit at home and worry.

But it's not my fault. It's no one's fault what guns do. Guns do it on their own.
Why do you need an AR15? Wouldn't one or two bullets do, or are you that bad a shot?

Dunno. Isn't that one of the rat-a-tat-tat guns? If it's the kind that Fess Parker used to kill the bad hombres, I take it back.

It only shoots one bullet per trigger pull

If it has a magazine that holds 30 bullets, you have to pull the trigger 30 times to empty it.
-------------------------- yep , that's the way it works . Most people own regular AR15 rifles which are as you describe WillH !!

We have more guns than any nation on the planet. If gun ownership increases safety why are we not the safest country on the planet?

Violent minorities.

Other countries don't have minorities? Interesting.
----------------------------- many other countries have NO or diminished RIGHTS when compared to the USA RDD !!

So why aren't we the safest country in the world? Be specific.

Guns have one sole purpose: to place a projectile into another, causing death. They were created to win wars. If we need them for trained soldiers to stop invasions by bad guys, fine. Every cowboy in this country doesn't need five guns in the basement with which to protect his family from imaginary bad guys and government invasion.
I agree with OP to some extent: The NRA has certainly contributed to a bad situation by promoting the idea that the only way to be safe is to own more guns. They are too easy to get, designed to kill more people more quickly than any but soldiers require, and unfortunately they are becoming more and more 'popular' due to the continual NRA goading to BUY MORE.

How many rounds does a semi-automatic rifle fire per minute? - Quora
As fast as you can pull the trigger, up to 800 rounds per minute.

Actually the "gun culture" prevents many murders rapes and robberies. Give credit where credit is due.
How many are prevented by unarmed and unintelligent sheep?

Here's a suggestion for you...read the second amendment

If you are still too stupid to understand... Take a Xanax and call your therapist in the AM.
Duhhhh, a well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state has nothing to do with all of us packing! We seem to have a rather large well regulated military already.

Actually the "gun culture" prevents many murders rapes and robberies. Give credit where credit is due.
How many are prevented by unarmed and unintelligent sheep?

And your proof is? Or should we just take your word for it.

The GOP and the NRA have been creating the "gun culture" ever since the Columbine massacre. They've flooded this country with guns, by scaring stupid people into believing that the government is out to get them and is out to take their guns. Every time there's another massacre, gun sales go through the roof.
you can see from the manufacturing and import figures above that another 45 – 47 million guns have been added since then (2010 through 2013)
http://dailycaller.com/2014/11/04/gu...y-the-numbers/

So the NRA and republicans are responsible for every gun murder in this country, because they promote the "gun culture".
Rated you "funny" only because they don't offer "stupid."

Did you bother to read your link?

"Technically, the AR-15 fires 800 rounds a minute (source: Wikipedia), which is 13.3 rounds per second. This is for the full-auto version. We know that fanning your index finger is going to be much slower than that, so saying 180 rounds per minute is actually a very, very reasonable number. Except that you'd never get there, because you can only fire 30 (or 10 in Colorado) rounds from a standard magazine."

Violent minorities.

Other countries don't have minorities? Interesting.
----------------------------- many other countries have NO or diminished RIGHTS when compared to the USA RDD !!

So why aren't we the safest country in the world? Be specific.
--------------------------- ' I ' and my family are safe enough RDD !!

Here's a suggestion for you...read the second amendment

If you are still too stupid to understand... Take a Xanax and call your therapist in the AM.
Duhhhh, a well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state has nothing to do with all of us packing! We seem to have a rather large well regulated military already.

Trouble reading that too?

The right was given to the PEOPLE, not the militia

The GOP and the NRA have been creating the "gun culture" ever since the Columbine massacre. They've flooded this country with guns, by scaring stupid people into believing that the government is out to get them and is out to take their guns. Every time there's another massacre, gun sales go through the roof.
you can see from the manufacturing and import figures above that another 45 – 47 million guns have been added since then (2010 through 2013)
http://dailycaller.com/2014/11/04/gu...y-the-numbers/

So the NRA and republicans are responsible for every gun murder in this country, because they promote the "gun culture".

Yes, the gun problem is people trying to defend themselves. When criminals go around innocently shooting people that's acceptable. But people shooting back? That's the problem. It has to be stopped

Freedom can be a bitch. It's a risky endeavor. Some will abuse the freedoms afforded them by our Constitution. It's always been the case, and always will be the case. But it's our Constitutional freedom that has made us the most prosperous powerful nation on earth. You have to take the good wth the bad.

------------------------------- aw , not gonna happen in the real world . Maybe a couple hundred rounds per minute if you have the magazines loaded but that about it OldLady !!

Forum List

Back