🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Republicans and the NRA are responsible for all the gun murders

We have more guns than any nation on the planet. If gun ownership increases safety why are we not the safest country on the planet?

Violent minorities.

Other countries don't have minorities? Interesting.

It's a cultural problem in black and Hispanic communities where violence is just a part of daily life. Throw in the drug trade and you have a recipe where young black and Hispanic men kill at the drop of a hat over the flimsiest of reasons.
Last week it was Cedric Ford, Jason Dalton and Ronald Hamilton who don't fit your equation. All shooting innocents because they had the guns and they could. What worries me is that these folks who don't fit the gang-member stereotype are happening more and more frequently.
Why do 8,124 souls who lost their lives to gun murder in 2014 mean nothing to you? Considering that 70% more than that were probably injured by guns but survived, that's a lot of people hurt unnecessarily.
If 8,000 people were injured by exploding lithium batteries per year, would you shrug and say "Don't bother doing anything about it--it's a lot less than die in car crashes." That's ridiculous!
OBAMA-300x300.jpg
Don't ignore my question and then call me retarded. I think it was a pretty good question, actually. I've yet to get a direct answer by any of you geniuses.

We have more guns than any nation on the planet. If gun ownership increases safety why are we not the safest country on the planet?

Violent minorities.

----------------------------- many other countries have NO or diminished RIGHTS when compared to the USA RDD !!

So why aren't we the safest country in the world? Be specific.
--------------------------- ' I ' and my family are safe enough RDD !!

I didn't ask about you, I asked about the country. You know, the one you pretend to love so much.

30 bullets in a minute is obscene! What in hell does anyone need that kind of firepower for? Walk into a crowded Christmas party with an AR-15 with a standard magazine and shoot 30 people in less than one minute. You think that's good?

80 miles in a hour is obscene! What in hell does anyone need that kind of speed for? Drive into a crowded Christmas party with an Buick with a standard engine and drive over 30 people in less than one minute. You think that's good?

See how that works? Anything can be abused. It's not the tool, but the person holding the tool.

Violent minorities.

It's a cultural problem in black and Hispanic communities where violence is just a part of daily life. Throw in the drug trade and you have a recipe where young black and Hispanic men kill at the drop of a hat over the flimsiest of reasons.

Do other countries not have violence or minorities or drugs?

Okay. You convinced me. I'd
I have a confession to make. It's hard for me to say this publicly, but one of my guns killed a couple people. I tried to stop it, but my AR-15 broke out of the safe and went on a drunken rampage. It walked into some house, shot up a family, and then stole a car. It led police on a high speed chase through four states, where my AR-15 was finally brought down in a hail of gunfire. When I went to the police station to identify my gun, I told the officer to arrest me as I felt responsible, but he told me to forget it. Inanimate objects are to blame for these tragedies, not the people holding the guns. He's right of course, but it's still hard when I look at the other guns in my safe. Any one of them might just go out on day and kill again while I sit at home and worry.

But it's not my fault. It's no one's fault what guns do. Guns do it on their own.
Why do you need an AR15? Wouldn't one or two bullets do, or are you that bad a shot?

How many bullets does an AR-15 shoot?
How many rounds does a semi-automatic rifle fire per minute? - Quora
As fast as you can pull the trigger, up to 800 rounds per minute.
The Sustained Rate of Fire would be the term you need to google. About 45 rounds per minute, without aiming. 1-5 chance of hitting someone, which sounds right when you look at the data from recent Mass Shootings by democrats.

That's why the ARMALITE RIFLE was actually designed for single rate of fire (but the full auto switch - or the fun switch as we called it) was put there, to keep heads down with. Basically, on auto, it's (1) a waste of ammo and (2) inaccurate as hell.

I rarely ever had the fun switch on in Viet Nam.
I was a Hollywood Marine, never left the West Coast in the early 80's.

It touches me to hear that you were in Viet Nam, I teach my boys to respect and honor you Vets. The best I can do, for you.

Violent minorities.

----------------------------- many other countries have NO or diminished RIGHTS when compared to the USA RDD !!

I didn't ask about you, I asked about the country. You know, the one you pretend to love so much.
-------------------------- Take care of yourself RDD . My possible love of country is no ones business but mine RDD !!

yep , I agree , there is a price to be paid for FREEDOM Wilbur !!

I have heard that logic (price for freedom) used about soldiers dying in a war. But I can't say I have heard that three year olds need to die for me to be free. Or that some crazy guy blowing his brains out makes me any more free. Those kinds of deaths are just a cost.

Unless you can explain how those suicides and children's deaths make us more free. Can you do it?

Original premise is true - Republican responsibility.

They could have rounded up and deported all liberals when they had the chance but noooooooo.......

Yup, their fault.

30 bullets in a minute is obscene! What in hell does anyone need that kind of firepower for? Walk into a crowded Christmas party with an AR-15 with a standard magazine and shoot 30 people in less than one minute. You think that's good?

80 miles in a hour is obscene! What in hell does anyone need that kind of speed for? Drive into a crowded Christmas party with an Buick with a standard engine and drive over 30 people in less than one minute. You think that's good?

See how that works? Anything can be abused. It's not the tool, but the person holding the tool.
When the tool can shoot 30 people in one minute, I say it's overkill. Ordinary citizens don't need to be able to shoot each other that fast. I do see your point about the tool, but my point is, the tools that are widely and easily available can limit or increase the damage when John Q. Public has a bad day.

-------------------------- Take care of yourself RDD . My possible love of country is no ones business but mine RDD !!

Possible? I'd say doubtful comrade.

I have a confession to make. It's hard for me to say this publicly, but one of my guns killed a couple people. I tried to stop it, but my AR-15 broke out of the safe and went on a drunken rampage. It walked into some house, shot up a family, and then stole a car. It led police on a high speed chase through four states, where my AR-15 was finally brought down in a hail of gunfire. When I went to the police station to identify my gun, I told the officer to arrest me as I felt responsible, but he told me to forget it. Inanimate objects are to blame for these tragedies, not the people holding the guns. He's right of course, but it's still hard when I look at the other guns in my safe. Any one of them might just go out on day and kill again while I sit at home and worry.

But it's not my fault. It's no one's fault what guns do. Guns do it on their own.
Why do you need an AR15? Wouldn't one or two bullets do, or are you that bad a shot?

Did you bother to read your link?

"Technically, the AR-15 fires 800 rounds a minute (source: Wikipedia), which is 13.3 rounds per second. This is for the full-auto version. We know that fanning your index finger is going to be much slower than that, so saying 180 rounds per minute is actually a very, very reasonable number. Except that you'd never get there, because you can only fire 30 (or 10 in Colorado) rounds from a standard magazine."

Walk into a crowded Christmas party with an AR-15 with a standard magazine and shoot 30 people in less than one minute

Do I think THAT is good?

NO!!!

But I shoot multiple targets at the range, both semi automatic and revolver, and it saves time reloading.

I haven't aimed a firearm at a living thing, other than trees and varmints in the garden, since I was in the service.

Are you aware that experienced people can use speed loaders to reload their revolvers, and get close to 30 rounds a minute?

And that is a firearm that only carries 5-6 shots at a time.

When the tool can shoot 30 people in one minute, I say it's overkill. Ordinary citizens don't need to be able to shoot each other that fast. I do see your point about the tool, but my point is, the tools that are widely and easily available can limit or increase the damage when John Q. Public has a bad day.

You are applying way to much logic to this topic.
If you could get more in touch with your fears you would better understand this topic. By applying liberal amounts of emotions
to your fears, you can convince yourself of anything about guns.
Some think 2.5 million crimes a year are stopped by gun.

Logic is not something gunners embrace. Emotions are what they are all about. Scared all the time. Either someone is out to get them or the guvmint is gonna take their guns. Either way, fear is their motivation.

Fear is also why I have a fire extinguisher in my home, seat belts in my car, and I use a mouth guard when I play sports.

The Sustained Rate of Fire would be the term you need to google. About 45 rounds per minute, without aiming. 1-5 chance of hitting someone, which sounds right when you look at the data from recent Mass Shootings by democrats.

That's why the ARMALITE RIFLE was actually designed for single rate of fire (but the full auto switch - or the fun switch as we called it) was put there, to keep heads down with. Basically, on auto, it's (1) a waste of ammo and (2) inaccurate as hell.

I rarely ever had the fun switch on in Viet Nam.
I was a Hollywood Marine, never left the West Coast in the early 80's.

It touches me to hear that you were in Viet Nam, I teach my boys to respect and honor you Vets. The best I can do, for you.

Thank you so very much. I truly appreciate it. However, please keep those vets who are coming home today in your thoughts and prayers. I was fortunate. Yes, I was wounded, but it was nothing to speak of. A couple of months in Germany and I was good as new.

These young fellas that are spending their entire careers going back and forth to the Middle East (I talked to a young SFC at the VFW the other night - 7 tours over there). It's madness. No wonder we are seeing these kids come back mentally torn to hell...

This is the result of the "volunteer" military, unfortunately. Those who enlist must carry the water for those who are too spineless to lend a hand.

My Father was a private in the Army in WWII, got a degree, returned to the newly formed Air Force and eventually became a One star General. My Brother served in the Marines and retired as a Master Gunny (2 tours in Vietnam) and (unfortunately) passed a few years back. My Son was a Lieutenant on a guided missile cruiser and my Daughter was a JAG officer in the Navy.

My way of thinking? Until a person has served (in some form) they should not have the right to vote. Just my opinion. We have far too many air heads casting ballots these days... :)

"Technically, the AR-15 fires 800 rounds a minute (source: Wikipedia), which is 13.3 rounds per second. This is for the full-auto version. We know that fanning your index finger is going to be much slower than that, so saying 180 rounds per minute is actually a very, very reasonable number. Except that you'd never get there, because you can only fire 30 (or 10 in Colorado) rounds from a standard magazine."

Walk into a crowded Christmas party with an AR-15 with a standard magazine and shoot 30 people in less than one minute

Do I think THAT is good?

NO!!!

But I shoot multiple targets at the range, both semi automatic and revolver, and it saves time reloading.

I haven't aimed a firearm at a living thing, other than trees and varmints in the garden, since I was in the service.

Are you aware that experienced people can use speed loaders to reload their revolvers, and get close to 30 rounds a minute?

Will, like the many gun owners I know, I have no doubt you are safe and responsible with your weapons. My concern doesn't go away, though. It is very possible the answer lies with REAL thought and focus on what is happening to send so many people over the edge. I hear absolutely nothing about that underlying issue, though. Not anywhere. Flinging a few mil at 'mental health' (whatever that means) isn't going to solve the problem, and I don't even hear anything about that.
If a speed loader is something you buy, it should be as illegal as a gun that shoots up to 30 people per minute. Sorry about the target range. You'd need to allow more time there for re-loading, I know.

Lady, I can say (with certainty) that I have killed far too many people in my life (thank you Uncle Sam) but I have NEVER killed 30 people in one minute and I have NEVER seen it done - even by mini-guns on choppers or even a KC130 gun ship lovingly called "Puff the magic dragon".

You must have been watching a Arnold or "the Rock" movies.....

The GOP and the NRA have been creating the "gun culture" ever since the Columbine massacre. They've flooded this country with guns, by scaring stupid people into believing that the government is out to get them and is out to take their guns. Every time there's another massacre, gun sales go through the roof.
you can see from the manufacturing and import figures above that another 45 – 47 million guns have been added since then (2010 through 2013)
http://dailycaller.com/2014/11/04/gu...y-the-numbers/

So the NRA and republicans are responsible for every gun murder in this country, because they promote the "gun culture".

No, every incident proves that the government can't protect everyone and people are taking the responsibility for their own protection themselves.

Do I think THAT is good?

NO!!!

Will, like the many gun owners I know, I have no doubt you are safe and responsible with your weapons. My concern doesn't go away, though. It is very possible the answer lies with REAL thought and focus on what is happening to send so many people over the edge. I hear absolutely nothing about that underlying issue, though. Not anywhere. Flinging a few mil at 'mental health' (whatever that means) isn't going to solve the problem, and I don't even hear anything about that.
If a speed loader is something you buy, it should be as illegal as a gun that shoots up to 30 people per minute. Sorry about the target range. You'd need to allow more time there for re-loading, I know.

Speed Loader

th

now, tell me what the difference is between carrying a speed loader, and carrying 2 or more firearms?

Do I think THAT is good?

NO!!!

------------------------- these libs , just so matter of factly and casually reducing or elimination Rights and Freedoms as if they are nothing !!

Forum List

Back