🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Republicans and the NRA are responsible for all the gun murders

How many rounds does a semi-automatic rifle fire per minute? - Quora
As fast as you can pull the trigger, up to 800 rounds per minute.
The Sustained Rate of Fire would be the term you need to google. About 45 rounds per minute, without aiming. 1-5 chance of hitting someone, which sounds right when you look at the data from recent Mass Shootings by democrats.

That's why the ARMALITE RIFLE was actually designed for single rate of fire (but the full auto switch - or the fun switch as we called it) was put there, to keep heads down with. Basically, on auto, it's (1) a waste of ammo and (2) inaccurate as hell.

I rarely ever had the fun switch on in Viet Nam.
I was a Hollywood Marine, never left the West Coast in the early 80's.

It touches me to hear that you were in Viet Nam, I teach my boys to respect and honor you Vets. The best I can do, for you.

Thank you so very much. I truly appreciate it. However, please keep those vets who are coming home today in your thoughts and prayers. I was fortunate. Yes, I was wounded, but it was nothing to speak of. A couple of months in Germany and I was good as new.

These young fellas that are spending their entire careers going back and forth to the Middle East (I talked to a young SFC at the VFW the other night - 7 tours over there). It's madness. No wonder we are seeing these kids come back mentally torn to hell...

This is the result of the "volunteer" military, unfortunately. Those who enlist must carry the water for those who are too spineless to lend a hand.

My Father was a private in the Army in WWII, got a degree, returned to the newly formed Air Force and eventually became a One star General. My Brother served in the Marines and retired as a Master Gunny (2 tours in Vietnam) and (unfortunately) passed a few years back. My Son was a Lieutenant on a guided missile cruiser and my Daughter was a JAG officer in the Navy.

My way of thinking? Until a person has served (in some form) they should not have the right to vote. Just my opinion. We have far too many air heads casting ballots these days... :)

So I assume then you always vote for candidates who have served?

I PREFER a candidate who has served. However, since politics is now a "business" and they start at an early age, there are few candidates who have the "time" (can't let the military get in the way of their "ambitions") so it is up to the conservative voter to make the best distinction possible, of the choices present. Liberals? They merely pick the most whacked out asshole they can find - even if they are in their 70s.

Last edited:
The GOP and the NRA have been creating the "gun culture" ever since the Columbine massacre. They've flooded this country with guns, by scaring stupid people into believing that the government is out to get them and is out to take their guns. Every time there's another massacre, gun sales go through the roof.
you can see from the manufacturing and import figures above that another 45 – 47 million guns have been added since then (2010 through 2013)
http://dailycaller.com/2014/11/04/gu...y-the-numbers/

So the NRA and republicans are responsible for every gun murder in this country, because they promote the "gun culture".

You're an idiot and there's no reason to not put you on ignore. That sort of stupidity is not redeemable.

Fear is also why I have a fire extinguisher in my home, seat

Let's measure your fear of fire. Do you have two or thirty smoke detectors? A couple of regular fire extinguishers? Or a pumper truck sitting in your driveway? Or do you live in a concrete house that won't burn? Hell maybe you don't even use fire in your house.

Lots of ways to deal with fears. And lots of fears are unreasonable.

You can also add brushing/flossing your teeth due to fear of tooth loss, looking both ways when you cross the street due to fear of being run over by some progressive hippie in a prius, and fear of drowning when using a life jacket when on a boat.

Which of those items are regularly used to murder another human being?

Regularly?

Approximately 300,000,000 guns in private hands.

approximately 30,000 annual deaths, including suicides.

What are the odds you'll be shot, or shoot yourself?

Should we stack up those numbers versus the rest of the 1st world? Or maybe we should compare gun murders to the number of people killed by flossing someone else to death.

So yeah like I said, regularly.

Well bud, you and I have a different definition of regularly.

Those other countries you like to bring up have severe restrictions on firearm ownership.

and, when you and enough other sheep, get the 2nd Amendment repealed, you can try it here.

But odds are, even repealing the 2nd won't do you much good

Who said anything about repeal?

I want to honor the 2nd amendment just as the founding fathers intended.

It starts with "well regulated".

What part of "shall not be infringed" do you NOT understand?

Last edited:
Why do 8,124 souls who lost their lives to gun murder in 2014 mean nothing to you? Considering that 70% more than that were probably injured by guns but survived, that's a lot of people hurt unnecessarily.
If 8,000 people were injured by exploding lithium batteries per year, would you shrug and say "Don't bother doing anything about it--it's a lot less than die in car crashes." That's ridiculous!

And why people should be allowed to carry...

Report: Number Of Concealed Carry Permits Surges As Violent Crime Rate Drops

The “Concealed Carry Permit Holders Across the United States” report from the Crime Prevention Research Center released Wednesday analyzed parallels between a 22 percent drop in the overall violent crime rate in the same time period in which the percentage of the adult population with concealed carry permits soared by 130 percent.

The report finds that 11.1 million Americans now have permits to carry concealed weapons, which are up from 4.5 million in 2007. This 146 percent increase parallels a nearly one-quarter (22 percent) drop in both murder and violent crime rates during the same time period.

Regarding right-to-carry laws as a form of deterrence to violent crime, the study authors note that the large majority of peer-reviewed academic studies conclude that permitted concealed handguns reduce violent crime. Those debates center around those who claim concealed handgun permits reduce crime and those who say it has no effect. The CPRC report focuses on states that allow right-to-carry permits and states that don’t require permits for concealed weapons rather than just the amount of permits.

Additionally, the report notes that the number of concealed carry permit holders “is likely much higher than 11.1 million,” because numbers are not available for all statues that issue permits, such as New York. And four states and the vast majority of Montana don’t require residents to have a
---------

Although cautioning that nationwide “simple cross-sectional comparisons” can present misleading data, the report used new state -level permit data from 2007 on to determine that for each one percentage point increase in the percent of the U.S. adult population holding permits is roughly paralleled with a 1.4 percent drop in the murder rate.

And us not forget the states that have instituted "Constitutional Carry" where any law-abiding citizen, over the age of 18 can carry, either openly or concealed, without permit or permission.

Let's measure your fear of fire. Do you have two or thirty smoke detectors? A couple of regular fire extinguishers? Or a pumper truck sitting in your driveway? Or do you live in a concrete house that won't burn? Hell maybe you don't even use fire in your house.

bEcause of dumb people like you there is a need for different guns.......also...some collect them, some compete with them, and huge numbers use them for self defense......

Besides it not being any of your business....owning guns is a Right.....which existed in the form of self defense long before the Constitution and Bill of Rights existed. So how many guns a law abiding citizen owns is none of your business the same way how they vote is none of your business, or how they observe their religion is none of your business.....

So......you are the type of guy standing at the voting precinct telling blacks they needed to pay a Poll Tax and take a literacy test.....after that you went and told blacks to move to the back of the bus.......

Same attitude.....different Rights...you think you can infringe on all of them.....

bEcause of dumb people like you there is a need for different guns.......also...some collect them, some compete with them, and huge numbers use them for self defense......

Besides it not being any of your business....owning guns is a Right.....which existed in the form of self defense long before the Constitution and Bill of Rights existed. So how many guns a law abiding citizen owns is none of your business the same way how they vote is none of your business, or how they observe their religion is none of your business.....

So......you are the type of guy standing at the voting precinct telling blacks they needed to pay a Poll Tax and take a literacy test.....after that you went and told blacks to move to the back of the bus.......

Same attitude.....different Rights...you think you can infringe on all of them.....

You know...I want all of us to take a minute and imagine that there was no second amendment in these United States and a liberal was president. Is that not a scary thought? Jesus Christ - that is enough to eep me awake at night. Thank you Founding Fathers!!!

The GOP and the NRA have been creating the "gun culture" ever since the Columbine massacre. They've flooded this country with guns, by scaring stupid people into believing that the government is out to get them and is out to take their guns. Every time there's another massacre, gun sales go through the roof.
you can see from the manufacturing and import figures above that another 45 – 47 million guns have been added since then (2010 through 2013)

So the NRA and republicans are responsible for every gun murder in this country, because they promote the "gun culture".
If it wasn't for the gun culture you'd probably be speaking german or some crap like that.

If it wasn't for the gun culture you'd probably be speaking german or some crap like that.

You see, it is actually the Republicans and the NRA. When they allowed people to defend themselves with guns, that forced otherwise law abiding criminals to take guns to defend themselves from homeowners who's houses they were breaking into and people they were mugging. It took an otherwise safe system and made it dangerous.

You gotta wonder if Hangover is hungover or if he's just stupid? You'd think a hangover would go away eventually

30 bullets in a minute is obscene! What in hell does anyone need that kind of firepower for? Walk into a crowded Christmas party with an AR-15 with a standard magazine and shoot 30 people in less than one minute. You think that's good?

80 miles in a hour is obscene! What in hell does anyone need that kind of speed for? Drive into a crowded Christmas party with an Buick with a standard engine and drive over 30 people in less than one minute. You think that's good?

See how that works? Anything can be abused. It's not the tool, but the person holding the tool.
When the tool can shoot 30 people in one minute, I say it's overkill. Ordinary citizens don't need to be able to shoot each other that fast. I do see your point about the tool, but my point is, the tools that are widely and easily available can limit or increase the damage when John Q. Public has a bad day.

Lady, I can say (with certainty) that I have killed far too many people in my life (thank you Uncle Sam) but I have NEVER killed 30 people in one minute and I have NEVER seen it done - even by mini-guns on choppers or even a KC130 gun ship lovingly called "Puff the magic dragon".

You must have been watching a Arnold or "the Rock" movies.....
Thanks, Randall. Glad to hear that in real life it might be a bit fewer than 30. I got my information from a gun specs site, not the movies. Only saw the first Rocky movie and Kindergarten Cop.:)

The 2nd amendment in modern language says:
"Since an armed and capable populace is necessary for security and freedom, the right of ordinary people to own and carry guns and other such weapons cannot be taken away or restricted."
Scalia would disagree, as much as he defended the 2nd Amendment. The 2nd Amendment says what it says and should be interpreted in 1790's meaning.

The 2nd amendment in modern language says:
"Since an armed and capable populace is necessary for security and freedom, the right of ordinary people to own and carry guns and other such weapons cannot be taken away or restricted."
Scalia would disagree, as much as he defended the 2nd Amendment. The 2nd Amendment says what it says and should be interpreted in 1790's meaning.

That's ridiculous, Scalia was an originalist

30 bullets in a minute is obscene! What in hell does anyone need that kind of firepower for? Walk into a crowded Christmas party with an AR-15 with a standard magazine and shoot 30 people in less than one minute. You think that's good?

80 miles in a hour is obscene! What in hell does anyone need that kind of speed for? Drive into a crowded Christmas party with an Buick with a standard engine and drive over 30 people in less than one minute. You think that's good?

See how that works? Anything can be abused. It's not the tool, but the person holding the tool.
When the tool can shoot 30 people in one minute, I say it's overkill. Ordinary citizens don't need to be able to shoot each other that fast. I do see your point about the tool, but my point is, the tools that are widely and easily available can limit or increase the damage when John Q. Public has a bad day.

Lady, I can say (with certainty) that I have killed far too many people in my life (thank you Uncle Sam) but I have NEVER killed 30 people in one minute and I have NEVER seen it done - even by mini-guns on choppers or even a KC130 gun ship lovingly called "Puff the magic dragon".

You must have been watching a Arnold or "the Rock" movies.....
Thanks, Randall. Glad to hear that in real life it might be a bit fewer than 30. I got my information from a gun specs site, not the movies. Only saw the first Rocky movie and Kindergarten Cop.:)

Here's the thing - when those lunatic kids (who should have been locked away YEARS before their rampages) murdered those babies, they were held captive and scared to death. They had no choice but to wait to die at the hands of that monster.

Adults, on the other hand, have the "fight or flight" instinct and will either fight or head for the hills once they see that there is no other option.

Remember - a nut job was able to use a KNIFE on 20 kids in China due to that very fact.

Forum List

Back