Republicans block Senate bill to boost veterans' benefits

hangover

Gold Member
Oct 8, 2013
Republicans denied benefits to the troops that fought their Iraq war for them.

"I personally, I have to say this honestly, have a hard time understanding how anyone could vote for tax breaks for billionaires, for millionaires, for large corporations, and then say we don't have the resources to protect our veterans," said Senator Sanders, the measure's chief author.
Republicans block Senate bill to boost veterans' benefits - CSMonitor.com

Cons want to destroy Social Security and throw grandma out in the street.
They want to destroy health care, and throw the sick out in the street.
They want to destroy welfare, and throw the poor out in the street.
They denied benefits to the throw the unemployed out in the street.
And now they are fucking over the troops that gave arms, legs, and their lives for the profit of Halliburton.

How can anyone vote for this kind of ideology?

"I personally, I have to say this honestly, have a hard time understanding how anyone could vote for tax breaks for billionaires, for millionaires, for large corporations, and then say we don't have the resources to protect our veterans," said Senator Sanders, the measure's chief author.

And now they are fucking over the troops that gave arms, legs, and their lives for the profit of Halliburton.

A divided Senate on Thursday derailed Democratic legislation that would have provided $21 billion for medical, education, and job-training benefits for the nation's veterans. The bill fell victim to election-year disputes over spending and fresh penalties against Iran.
\
the above is from the very first paragraph of your own source.

issues like iran derailed the bill

my God you're an idiot

You are a liar. Plain and simple, you would lie to further your agenda. Any lie is acceptable to turds like you.

obama's own Secretary of Defense; a Vietnam veteran no less; wants to cut pay and benefits for veterans; and make them pay more for their benefits

libs are idiots and hypocrites who lie to themselves

Cons start Iraq war, then tell wounded vets to get bent

Looks like the aptly-named "hangover" is spreading even more lies, before the previous ones have even cooled.

Are these the "cons" he means?

------------------------------------------------------

The Iraq Liberation Act of 1998 is a United States Congressional statement of policy calling for regime change in Iraq. It was signed into law by President Bill Clinton. - Wikipedia

"We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program." - President Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998.

Iraq is a long way from [here], but what happens there matters a great deal here. For the risks that the leaders of a rogue state will use nuclear, chemical or biological weapons against us or our allies is the greatest security threat we face." — Madeline Albright, Feb 18, 1998

"We urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the US Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs." — Letter to President Clinton, signed by Sens. Carl Levin (D-MI), Tom Daschle (D-SD), John Kerry (D — MA), and others Oct. 9, 1998

"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process." — Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998

"When I vote to give the President of the United States the authority to use force, if necessary, to disarm Saddam Hussein, it is because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a threat, and a grave threat, to our security and that of our allies in the Persian Gulf region. I will vote yes because I believe it is the best way to hold Saddam Hussein accountable." —Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Oct. 9,2002

"It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein wiill continue to increase his capability to wage biological and chemical warfare and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons. Should he succeed in that endeavor, he could alter the political and security landscape of the Middle East which, as we know all too well, affects American security." - Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002

-----------------------------------------------------

Want some more examples of these despicable, lying "cons", poor little "hangover"?

Last edited:
It is all grandstanding especially those that do not understand Obamacare.

It was spending bill that would have put about 10% of that money into the vets, the rest would have gone to the DNC coffers via legal money laundering.

Hillarious...

The same bed wetters who demean soldiers, marginalize their efforts, and embolden our enemies are all of a sudden concerned about our pay.

Yet they're either too intellectually dishonest or downright fucking retarded to acknowledge that it's their democrook political whores that want to cut our pay, reduce our budget for equipment and R&D, cut our health care benefits and pensions.

Do you not see how our politicians play games with our emotions?

It worked like a charm with you.

Here is how they play the game......

Party A wants to buy 100 widgets and 50 cogs
Party B only wants to buy 100 cogs but no widgets

So party A drafts legislation saying that they will buy 100 widgets and 50 cogs.

Party B votes no to the legislation because it gives party A all that they want and party B only half of what they want.

And Party A goes to the press and says...

"Party B said they wanted cogs so we drafted a bill giving them the cogs and they voted no because they are racists and a party of no."

And then tools like you post it on forums like this and agree.

Do you not see how our politicians play games with our emotions?

It worked like a charm with you.

Here is how they play the game......

Party A wants to buy 100 widgets and 50 cogs
Party B only wants to buy 100 cogs but no widgets

So party A drafts legislation saying that they will buy 100 widgets and 50 cogs.

Party B votes no to the legislation because it gives party A all that they want and party B only half of what they want.

And Party A goes to the press and says...

"Party B said they wanted cogs so we drafted a bill giving them the cogs and they voted no because they are racists and a party of no."

And then tools like you post it on forums like this and agree.

He's not a tool.

He's a liar.

We've got at least 10, maybe 15, OFA members using this Board as a full time propaganda service.

He's one of them.

Ever notice.... 90% of everything they post in here comes straight from the dimocrap propaganda machine.

And contains at least one major lie.

They don't come in here and say, "Let's discus abortion. When do you think the law should say the fetus becomes viable?"

Nope. The first thing they do is start off with a lie.

Any time they want to discuss ANYTHING, they start out with a total fucking lie.

Not one time that I can remember have one of these scumbags ever started a thread with a reasonable request to discuss something in good faith.

Always a lie.

Always.

Not saying that ALL the libs in here are OFA operatives. What I'm saying is that, that is the modus operandi of the OFA people.

Some of the libs (very few.... VERY few) will discuss a topic with a bent toward reason but not the OFA types.

Never. Everything out of them starts and ends with a lie.

But most of the decent libs have been run off by the very people of which I'm speaking.

Last edited:

A divided Senate on Thursday derailed Democratic legislation that would have provided $21 billion for medical, education, and job-training benefits for the nation's veterans. The bill fell victim to election-year disputes over spending and fresh penalties against Iran.
\
the above is from the very first paragraph of your own source.

issues like iran derailed the bill

my God you're an idiot

Your God is an idiot. Pitiful to use Iran as an excuse to deny those that gave arms and legs for your profit. You gonna use Iran as an excuse to throw grandma out in the street too, huh.

So far every con response is "liar, tool, idiot, turd, scum", oh and a big word, "hypocrite". The only debate you guys could win is in the sandbox. Here's a clue,...that's why the GOP loses.The electorate is looking for better rhetoric. But please continue. You just make it easier for adults to win.

Forum List

Back