Republicans, don’t you want

Clean air?
Gun laws that keep guns away from nuts?
To legalize pot?
Alternative energy?
To strengthen social security and Medicare?
Labor to have a seat at the table?
Women to have the right to choose?
Police reform?
Separation of Church and state?

Every one of these is a broad statement that cannot be responded to properly.

Simple "gotcha" posting, nothing more.

Get specific or get bent.

I agree in large part with parental accountability: however...

What happens when a young thug / gang-banger who has no father - only a single working mom - gets a gun and commits a mass shooting / murder?

Defund the police?
Disarm law-abiding citizens?
Jail citizens who legally defend themselves?

These seem to be 3 of the Democrats' top solutions to such a problem.

Did he get the gun from his parent?

And I don't think you have to worry about jailing citizens who legally defend themselves. You guys get away with murder every day in red states who have stand your ground. If the victim is black or liberal you get off scott free. Kyle Rittenhouse gets off free. And then that guy in Texas who shot a BLM protester who was legally carrying a AR rifle. He was walking towards the man's car with a legal AR Rifle. But the guy in the car felt "threatened" so he lit the dude up and murdered him. He was found guilty. Now the Texas Republican governor is going to pardon him. Why? Because he shot a BLM protester. If it was the other way around no way does he pardon the murderer.

Stand your Ground is so whites can murder blacks and claim they felt "threatened".

Every one of these is a broad statement that cannot be responded to properly.

Simple "gotcha" posting, nothing more.

Get specific or get bent.
Other Republicans are doing a great job carrying on a conversation. If you can't leave.

My dad hated the lazy bad workers who worked at Ford. He told them they were going to cost them all their jobs and god damn if the Lincoln ford plant didn't up and move away.

It's hard to defend the auto union workers at Ford and GM when my dad worked there. They were pieces of shit most of them.

What makes you think that the lazy piece of shit workers have changed their ways?

GM went bankrupt. That wasn't Obama's fault. Ford didn't. Obama was responsible for saving Ford, right? Can't have it both ways can you?

Republicans wanted GM to go bankrupt. That was Romney's advice. Mr Bain Capital remember? That was your candidate.

It's like blaming Clinton for NAFTA when Bush invented it and every Republican voted for it.

Ford didn't take the bailout money.
Educate yoursrlf.

GM went bankrupt. That wasn't Obama's fault. Ford didn't. Obama was responsible for saving Ford, right? Can't have it both ways can you?

Republicans wanted GM to go bankrupt. That was Romney's advice. Mr Bain Capital remember? That was your candidate.

It's like blaming Clinton for NAFTA when Bush invented it and every Republican voted for it.
Of course we want a company to go bankrupt if they must. It does not end a good company. It allows them to reorganize and survive.

The jury is still out on Ford, with all the Obama people working at Ford, it could still fail.

Clinton and Bush were both United Nations globalists.
Clinton signed NAFTA, after they added more to NAFTA to make Clinton happy.

43 Republicans voted against NAFTA

They are playing your stupid game. General statements like this are nothing but flame-bait.
Nope. This helps me figure out what you guys are thinking and maybe you get some perspective on where we are coming from.

Remember in the 2000's you guys were so against unions? But didn't Trump try to win over the unions? So for 4 years you guys pretended to be pro union? Because you clearly are back to being anti union.

Clean air?
Gun laws that keep guns away from nuts?
To legalize pot?
Alternative energy?
To strengthen social security and Medicare?
Labor to have a seat at the table?
Women to have the right to choose?
Police reform?
Separation of Church and state?

* Clean Air - US has some of the cleanest air in the world. How about holding China and India accountable.

* Gun Laws to keep away from nuts - that will only go so far. You need to work that from the other end by keeping mentally ill away from guns (ie keep them off the streets)

* Legalize Pot - I’m all for it but it needs to be treated like alcohol when it comes to regulation.

* Alternative Energy - I love it. The problem is it is not viable to SUSTAIN the economy on the level that Oil does. If technology can get the US economy driven by air, wind and water, that will be awesome. Until then, it makes no sense to punish US for oil usage while rewarding China.,

* Strengthen SS and Medicare - at what cost and terms?

* Labor at the table - absolutely.

* Women have the right to choose - choose quickly. Why the need to choose in third trimester?

* Police Reform - what does that look like? Seems current reform programs (tactics)are impacting Police recruitment.

* Separation of Church and State - Mentioning God at a High School graduation or having a Nativity scene in the town square during Holidays does not mean the State is imposing Christianity on everyone. This Nation was founded by Christians. The non-Christians need to get over their issues with that fact. You are free to practice your own religion or not have a religion.

Gangs don't usually get theur weapons from their parents.
Well then that regulation isn't going to work on gangs.

But what about the kids who take their parents guns to school and shoot up the place?

I would LOVE a gun that only fired when my hand was holding it. Wouldn't that be cool? Like a cell phone.

* Clean Air - US has some of the cleanest air in the world. How about holding China and India accountable.

* Gun Laws to keep away from nuts - that will only go so far. You need to work that from the other end by keeping mentally ill away from guns (ie keep them off the streets)

* Legalize Pot - I’m all for it but it needs to be treated like alcohol when it comes to regulation.

* Alternative Energy - I love it. The problem is it is not viable to SUSTAIN the economy on the level that Oil does. If technology can get the US economy driven by air, wind and water, that will be awesome. Until then, it makes no sense to punish US for oil usage while rewarding China.,

* Women have the right to choose - choose quickly. Why the need to choose in third trimester?

* Police Reform - what does that look like? Seems current reform programs (tactics)are impacting Police recruitment.

* Separation of Church and State - Mentioning God at a High School graduation or having a Nativity scene in the town square during Holidays does not mean the State is imposing Christianity on everyone. This Nation was founded by Christians. The non-Christians need to get over their issues with that fact. You are free to practice your own religion or not have a religion.
We are trying to hold other countries accountable. But also lead by example.

We can do both.

Pot is totally not a problem here in MI, CA and Colorado. Even FL has pot for people with medical marijuana cards. Before recreational pot became legal in MI, it was very easy to get a card. I'm glad they aren't necessary anymore. But my friends who have cards get better deals and better pot.

Nope. This helps me figure out what you guys are thinking and maybe you get some perspective on where we are coming from.

Remember in the 2000's you guys were so against unions? But didn't Trump try to win over the unions? So for 4 years you guys pretended to be pro union? Because you clearly are back to being anti union.

Against public unions, private unions are perfectly fine as long as people aren't forced to join them to make a living.

And I don't think you have to worry about jailing citizens who legally defend themselves.

Really?

Antifa thugs trespassed onto private property, threatened the lives of homeowners, and threatened to burn down the couple's home. As a deterrent, the couple stood outside of their home, on their own property, hOlding their legally-owned firearms.

The thugs who trespassed, who threatened the lives of the homeowners, and who threatened to burn down their home weren't the ones arrested.

It happens.

Well then that regulation isn't going to work on gangs.

My point exactly.

Democrats want more laws - usually aimed at legal gun owners, not the criminals - they don't address the problem.

Defunding the police, stripping Americans of their right to own weapons / to defend themselves isn't the answer.

If we could come up with the money to fight in Iraq and Afganistan for 10 to 20 years, we should be able to fund social programs like ss and medicare.

Third trimester abortions are because the kids going to be severely retarded. I heard a story this weekend. It was almost past the cut off point and the doctor told the parents the babies brain was outside the skull. Certain death. In Texas she would have had to carry out the birth knowing the baby was going to die. How cruel. She's suing the state. I believe she went out of state to get the procedure. A lot of these state Republican anti abortion laws are cruel and unconstitutional. They either didn't think about the outcomes or don't care about the effects of people who have to deal with this. Abortion should be between a couple and the doctor. The government needs to stay out.

These abortion laws remind me of Republicans fear of gun legislation. Afraid to give an inch because they believe liberals ultimately want to ban all guns. Well this is true with Republicans and abortion. They aren't happy with our current abortion laws even after they overturned Roe V Wade.

You made a hypothetical comment, the only answer you could expect is the same.
There is no silver bullet that will solve all gun murders. I could go get my little gun and murder someone right now. We're never going to make all guns illegal. That's not what I want. I want 10 common sense gun laws that will collectively lower gun murders/deaths by 20-50%.

I'll agree with you if a person is caught using a stolen gun they should be executed. So if a burglar breaks into a house and sees a gun, they leave it alone. Not worth it to take it. But even that wont' stop criminals from using stolen guns because stolen guns can't be traced back to them.

We can't stop every murder and death but why is America the leader in gun murder/death/kills? Can we do anything to lower the number of murder/death/kills?

I will agree, we need to executive a lot of murderers who only get 20 years. Why do the prosecutors do this? Sometimes you aren't sure a jury will convict so you cop a deal. You wouldn't cop any deals? I don't like it either.

Or they give one of them a deal if they roll on the other one. So one murderer is going to get out in 20 years or 10. You wouldn't make these kinds of deals? I'm torn.

Forum List

Back