Republicans, don’t you want

sealybobo said:
We pass bills to come up with solutions to problems. You're asking me a hypothetical what if?

How about we come up with actual solutions and then pass bills instead of doibg the opposite, which equates to throwing restrictive / oppressive / useless bad shit at the wall to see if it sticks / works?

If we could come up with the money to fight in Iraq and Afganistan for 10 to 20 years, we should be able to fund social programs like ss and medicare.

Third trimester abortions are because the kids going to be severely retarded. I heard a story this weekend. It was almost past the cut off point and the doctor told the parents the babies brain was outside the skull. Certain death. In Texas she would have had to carry out the birth knowing the baby was going to die. How cruel. She's suing the state. I believe she went out of state to get the procedure. A lot of these state Republican anti abortion laws are cruel and unconstitutional. They either didn't think about the outcomes or don't care about the effects of people who have to deal with this. Abortion should be between a couple and the doctor. The government needs to stay out.

These abortion laws remind me of Republicans fear of gun legislation. Afraid to give an inch because they believe liberals ultimately want to ban all guns. Well this is true with Republicans and abortion. They aren't happy with our current abortion laws even after they overturned Roe V Wade.
When it comes to abortion and gun debate, extremists at both ends with no flexibility or sense of reality make it a problem.

sealybobo said:
We pass bills to come up with solutions to problems. You're asking me a hypothetical what if?

How about we come up with actual solutions and then pass bills instead of doibg the opposite, which equates to throwing restrictive / oppressive / useless bad shit at the wall to see if it sticks / works?
Did you say that about background checks before we implemented them? They didn't solve all gun violence so does that mean we shouldn't do background checks?

I'm sure if we went back in time you were anti background checks before we did them. The NRA didn't like them I bet.

Let me clarify...

They aren't a priority to POLITICIANS.
I have a feeling the year I'm going to retire, whoever is president is going to announce in order to save the program everyone's going to have to take a 20% cut. I'll live but that would suck.

Let's say I would get $2000 a month because I retire at 62. That would be $400 cut. $400 every month for the rest of my life.

I will look back on all the Reagan, Bush and Trump tax cuts to the rich and say damn, I believe I just got a tax HIKE to pay for all those tax breaks to the rich.

I have a feeling the year I'm going to retire, whoever is president is going to announce in order to save the program everyone's going to have to take a 20% cut. I'll live but that would suck.

Let's say I would get $2000 a month because I retire at 62. That would be $400 cut. $400 every month for the rest of my life.

I will look back on all the Reagan, Bush and Trump tax cuts to the rich and say damn, I believe I just got a tax HIKE to pay for all those tax breaks to the rich.

Tax cuts bring more money into the government, not less. Your problem should be with the government spending money, wasting it and stealing it.....cut that out, and the you won't have to worry about your SS...

We could implement 10 common sense gun legislation bills. Each of them will not solve gun violence. But if each of them lowers gun violence 5% then that's a 50% reduction in gun deaths.
The problem is .. "common sense" is a squishy term that is ambiguous, and when Democrats use common sense and gun legislation in the same sentence, it means: restrict, deny and / or punish the majority of law abiding owners / future owners.
Guns aren't the root cause of gun violence .. guns haven't changed much in 100+ years, and it is what is deemed societal norms that has changed drastically. Come up with concrete terms and the value it will add instead of subjective terminology that sounds good, but is hollow.

Did you say that about background checks before we implemented them? They didn't solve all gun violence so does that mean we shouldn't do background checks?

Background checks were a sensible, well-thought out idea BEFORE being implemented.

Defunding the police, for example, is a stupid f* idea, was from the start, and was not a seriously well thought-out idea.

Did your dad send you out in the woods by yourself with that gun? Did he leave it loaded and not locked up in the house? Did he just let you take it to your room and pretend you were a cowboy? Or did he go out with you to hunt and took the gun away from you after the hunt was done?

A good law would be parents have to keep their guns locked up. If your kid gets a hold of your gun and murders someone, you should lose everything you have. Your kid may get out of jail at 18 but you will be penniless when he gets out. In fact I might even be open to indentured servitude for 20 years after he gets out.
Yep, he took me to the place I was to sit that morning a couple of days before and on opening morning (dad was working) my granddad took me up, dropped me off, and I found it on my own in the dark. Granddad gave me a old flashlight but I don't remember using it.

Granddad went over to the next ridge. About 0700 two bucks came along and I killed the bigger of the two, a nice 9-point at about 60 yards.

Back then all our guns were kept in a old school gun cabinet dad made....It was unlocked....I still have it in my gun room.

I did keep my old High Standard Hombre .22 revolver in my room. No particular reason. :dunno:

1. Clean air?
2. Gun laws that keep guns away from nuts?
3. To legalize pot?
4. Alternative energy?
5. To strengthen social security and Medicare?
6. Labor to have a seat at the table?
7. Women to have the right to choose?
8. Police reform?
9. Separation of Church and state
1. Not at the cost of my lifestyle
2. Not when they also disarm law-abiding gun owners.
3. NO!!!
4 Not when it drives up prices and reduces available supply totals.
5. No. I want them done away with.
6. Only if they are willing to work WITH the Company rather thst Against them.
7. Only in the case of proven rape or when the LIFE (not health) of the mother is immediately endangered.
8. Only to give them more power and leeway to operate.,
9. Church and State, yes. morality and Stste, NO.

My point exactly.

Democrats want more laws - usually aimed at legal gun owners, not the criminals - they don't address the problem.

Defunding the police, stripping Americans of their right to own weapons / to defend themselves isn't the answer.

It's like a law that everyone has to wear a seat belt. Are they punishing you because you go the speed limit and don't get into accidents by making EVERYONE wear seat belts?

I'm not going to murder anyone but still I too need to go through a background check and 3 day cooling off period.

I don't like gun shows being able to sell a gun to anyone and not have that person go through a full background check too. EVERYONE. Every gun sale.

Or, if you've already gone through one it's a lot quicker once you've already gone through one. I'm cool with that.

Yep, he took me to the place I was to sit that morning a couple of days before and on opening morning (dad was working) my granddad took me up, dropped me off, and I found it on my own in the dark. Granddad gave me a old flashlight but I don't remember using it.

Granddad went over to the next ridge. About 0700 two bucks came along and I killed the bigger of the two, a nice 9-point at about 60 yards.

Back then all our guns were kept in a old school gun cabinet dad made....It was unlocked....I still have it in my gun room.

I did keep my old High Standard Hombre .22 revolver in my room. No particular reason. :dunno:
Now imagine every grandfather in America tomorrow gives every 11 year old grandson a gun.

Why didn't we arm every Afgan with a gun? And every Iraqi when we invaded Iraq? That should have been the first thing we did was hand out guns to every man. Or sold them. That should have been the first economy we set them up with. Making and selling guns. It's a good industry.

1. Not at the cost of my lifestyle
2. Not when they also disarm law-abiding gun owners.
3. NO!!!
4 Not when it drives up prices and reduces available supply totals.
5. No. I want them done away with.
6. Only if they are willing to work WITH the Company rather thst Against them.
7. Only in the case of proven rape or when the LIFE (not health) of the mother is immediately endangered.
8. Only to give them more power and leeway to operate.,
9. Church and State, yes. morality and Stste, NO.
Your lifestyle? Dirty air is killing us on average 2.5 years sooner. Quality of life is why we should go green.

It's like a law that everyone has to wear a seat belt. Are they punishing you because you go the speed limit and don't get into accidents by making EVERYONE wear seat belts?

I'm not going to murder anyone but still I too need to go through a background check and 3 day cooling off period.

I don't like gun shows being able to sell a gun to anyone and not have that person go through a full background check too. EVERYONE. Every gun sale.

Or, if you've already gone through one it's a lot quicker once you've already gone through one. I'm cool with that.

Gun shows are not able to sell to anyone without a background check...you are either ignorant about that or lying about not knowing it. Any actual, licensed gun seller, someone who sells guns for a living or makes profit from selling guns, has to do a federally mandated background check.

You do not have to do a background check if you are selling private property. The minute you sell too many guns you become a firearm dealer and fall under the requirement to do background checks.

So this is a lie pushed by anti-gun extremists.

You can tell they don't care about background checks to stop criminals because there is a real easy solution....a free phone app that anyone can use for background checks......that accesses criminal history, outstanding warrants and restraining orders.......free, quick and easy, this app would allow anyone to do a quick background check when they sell their privately owned guns......

Anti-gun extremists don't want anything to do with that concept......they want universal background checks just so they can then demand gun registration...which is their real goal.

our lifestyle? Dirtly air is killing us on average 2.5 years sooner. Quality of life is why we should go green
I have, at best, 25 or so years left I’m not giving up my lifestyle so you wastes of flesh and oxygen can live a couple years longer.

Last edited:
Your lifestyle? Dirty air is killing us on average 2.5 years sooner. Quality of life is why we should go green.

Then you support natural gas and nuclear energy....right? The greenest of the green and actually cheap, reliable, and plentiful when used.......right?

Now imagine every grandfather in America tomorrow gives every 11 year old grandson a gun.

Why didn't we arm every Afgan with a gun? And every Iraqi when we invaded Iraq? That should have been the first thing we did was hand out guns to every man. Or sold them. That should have been the first economy we set them up with. Making and selling guns. It's a good industry.
Every adult male in Iraq was allowed to keep a full auto AK in his home/business.....But Americans are not afforded that same opportunity.

:oops8:

In a significant retreat in American efforts to seize weapons held by Iraqi citizens, American and British officials said today that Iraqis would be allowed to keep AK-47 assault rifles in their homes and businesses.

Dirty air? You know jack and shit about dirty air!.....Try living in a factory town in the 1960s.

The current "boomers" are the ones that moved to get that shit cleaned-up while still maintaining a middle class at the same time.

The green pukes of today would rather reduce us to eating bugs and destroy what is left of the middle class for reductions that one good Canadian forest fire blows away in a couple days.

Fuckin' dolts.

Forum List

Back