🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Republicans Dump McCarthy For Speaker!

If he had the slightest idea that he would agree with democrats, it's best that he drop out now.

Who the fuck cares. It's all make believe anyway for which none of it do we have any effect on.

Last edited:
Let's wait and see how this all pans out an see who is nominated and get the speaker job.
It will be quite interesting.

If Republicans can't govern and lead their own party, why should we elect them to run America?

"Representative Kevin McCarthy on Thursday abruptly took himself out of the race to succeed John A. Boehner as House speaker, apparently undone by the same forces that drove Mr. Boehner to resign.

“I have the deepest respect and regard for each member of the conference and our team as a whole,” Mr. McCarthy said in a prepared statement shortly after a meeting in which he told Republicans of his decision. “It is imperative for us to unite and work together on the challenges facing our country.

“Over the last week it has become clear to me that our conference is deeply divided and needs to unite behind one leader. I have always put this conference ahead of myself. Therefore I am withdrawing my candidacy for speaker of the House. I look forward to working alongside my colleagues to help move our conference’s agenda and our country forward.”

Mr. McCarthy’s candidacy was damaged when he suggested in an interview on Fox News last week that the House committee investigating Benghazi had the political aim of damaging Hillary Rodham Clinton’s presidential campaign. He acknowledged that his remarks about Benghazi had factored into his decision."http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/09/us/politics/house-speaker-vote.html

^ Short bus pulls up. Already three threads on this on page one

the RW's are just building a strong political platform .......

for the Dems.

LOL

I'm grabbing the popcorn, do Republicans have anyone who can pick up 218 votes without Democratic support? I say no, especially with how beloved the Tea Party has become in this country. I'll bet money John Boehner is getting wined and dined right now and I bet he's enjoying every minute of it.

If Republicans can't govern and lead their own party, why should we elect them to run America?

"Representative Kevin McCarthy on Thursday abruptly took himself out of the race to succeed John A. Boehner as House speaker, apparently undone by the same forces that drove Mr. Boehner to resign.

“I have the deepest respect and regard for each member of the conference and our team as a whole,” Mr. McCarthy said in a prepared statement shortly after a meeting in which he told Republicans of his decision. “It is imperative for us to unite and work together on the challenges facing our country.

“Over the last week it has become clear to me that our conference is deeply divided and needs to unite behind one leader. I have always put this conference ahead of myself. Therefore I am withdrawing my candidacy for speaker of the House. I look forward to working alongside my colleagues to help move our conference’s agenda and our country forward.”

Mr. McCarthy’s candidacy was damaged when he suggested in an interview on Fox News last week that the House committee investigating Benghazi had the political aim of damaging Hillary Rodham Clinton’s presidential campaign. He acknowledged that his remarks about Benghazi had factored into his decision."http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/09/us/politics/house-speaker-vote.html

It's not up to you who the Speaker will be. The Conservative base of the Republican Party is simply cleaning house.

It's not up to you who the Speaker will be. The Conservative base of the Republican Party is simply cleaning house.
Yes and looking positively stupid doing it. American gets a good look and now they can decide for themselves to vote them out.

if that's the case, there won't be anybody left in the house ....

LMAO

Kevin McCarthy dropped out of the race for Speaker of the House and Washington sources have told the California Network that it's because he has been having an intimate affair with Representative Renee Ellmers. Video footage of McCarthy dining with Ellmers in an intimate setting has reportedly been circulated on Capitol Hill.

Kevin McCarthy dropped out of the race for Speaker of the House and Washington sources have told the California Network that it's because he has been having an intimate affair with Representative Renee Ellmers. Video footage of McCarthy dining with Ellmers in an intimate setting has reportedly been circulated on Capitol Hill.

I'm not surprised except the name should probably be Rudy Ellmers.

Only mind numbing conformists who all think the same thing like Democrats can lead the country, huh. Bull crap

Only mind numbing conformists who all think the same thing like Democrats can lead the country, huh. Bull crap

Well besides the blatantly obvious fact that Republicans can't even run the leadership of the House tells people they better run to the polls next November to vote them out.

If he had the slightest idea that he would agree with democrats, it's best that he drop out now.

Or you can do what you always do. Claim he's a good republican all the way up until he loses then accuse him of being a democrat.

Hence the name, RepublACCUSERS

Well besides the blatantly obvious fact that Republicans can't even run the leadership of the House tells people they better run to the polls next November to vote them out.

No idea what that's supposed to mean. Obviously you have no point, you just hate Republicans

No idea what that's supposed to mean. Obviously you have no point, you just hate Republicans

It means the Republican party is not fit to lead or will elect someone so extreme all you will get is gridlock. Same thing any way you look at it.

It means the Republican party is not fit to lead or will elect someone so extreme all you will get is gridlock. Same thing any way you look at it.
Right, we need lock step Democrat fascism, that is so much better. Candidates who hate each other while agreeing on every issue. Who needs thinking and disagreeing, that's no way to lead

Right, we need lock step Democrat fascism, that is so much better. Candidates who hate each other while agreeing on every issue. Who needs thinking and disagreeing, that's no way to lead

It's your leadership and your problem. You had one moderate candidate, now you have no one and possibly a huge fight to find a successor the right is feasting upon itself and its not pretty to watch.

Forum List

Back