🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Republicans Dump McCarthy For Speaker!

It was the slickest move in modern politics. The mainstream media twisted a simple sound bite by McCarthy and managed to derail his bid to become speaker. Republicans are stuck for now but it's reasonable to consider what happens to democrats when Hillary willingly resigns or is forced to drop out of the presidential race.

Maybe she'll just become head speechwriter-in-charge.

They could also ask Vice President Biden for instructions on what to say. . ..to a real black President, audible on a microphone(?):. . . . or something that can make it Hyoooge on FoxTVNews-Entertainment.

"Crow, James Crow: Shaken, Not Stirred!"
(Great Half-Wit Father In Washington. . .Maybe Not Really Hyoooge deal, after all!)

Holy Benghazi House Committee Investigation! The Bakersfield Republican will not run for Speaker of the House!

Kevin McCarthy pulls out of speaker race - Business Insider

It is of course, not entirely clear that Nancy Pelosi intends to be House Speaker, again.

(Making many signals, now that better quality smoke is becoming legal(?)!)
wrong party the Pelosi is a Dem

Well, there might be enough votes between the sane republicans and democrats to reelect her. We sure as hell don't need to have a 13 month long government shut down.

Pelosi seemed to have kept this country far more stable and that is what we need. We need to pass budgets.

Period.

Right...

Which is why Obama lost the House so much faster than he did the Senate.

This shows that public embrace of outsiders for the GOP presidential nomination is throwing the entire party into disarray.

A small group of 40 or so conservatives can throw a monkey wrench into the RINO establishment. There are 247 Republicans and 188 Democrats.

Although no rule exists, based on tradition and practice from the earliest days of the nation, to be elected speaker a candidate must receive an absolute majority of all votes cast for individuals, i.e. excluding those who abstain. If no candidate wins such a majority, then the roll call is repeated until a speaker is elected.

That means 218 votes for the entire House. So, if someone in the GOP can't get the 218 that shows just how badly they are split.

Who would you SEE elected Speaker?

Too bad, really.......Now we'll miss out on all the entertainment....

Holy Benghazi House Committee Investigation! The Bakersfield Republican will not run for Speaker of the House!

Kevin McCarthy pulls out of speaker race - Business Insider

It is of course, not entirely clear that Nancy Pelosi intends to be House Speaker, again.

(Making many signals, now that better quality smoke is becoming legal(?)!)
wrong party the Pelosi is a Dem

Well, there might be enough votes between the sane republicans and democrats to reelect her. We sure as hell don't need to have a 13 month long government shut down.

go back to basket weaving class, matt. You are making a fool of yourself.

If Republicans can't govern and lead their own party, why should we elect them to run America?

"Representative Kevin McCarthy on Thursday abruptly took himself out of the race to succeed John A. Boehner as House speaker, apparently undone by the same forces that drove Mr. Boehner to resign.

“I have the deepest respect and regard for each member of the conference and our team as a whole,” Mr. McCarthy said in a prepared statement shortly after a meeting in which he told Republicans of his decision. “It is imperative for us to unite and work together on the challenges facing our country.

“Over the last week it has become clear to me that our conference is deeply divided and needs to unite behind one leader. I have always put this conference ahead of myself. Therefore I am withdrawing my candidacy for speaker of the House. I look forward to working alongside my colleagues to help move our conference’s agenda and our country forward.”

Mr. McCarthy’s candidacy was damaged when he suggested in an interview on Fox News last week that the House committee investigating Benghazi had the political aim of damaging Hillary Rodham Clinton’s presidential campaign. He acknowledged that his remarks about Benghazi had factored into his decision."http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/09/us/politics/house-speaker-vote.html

Forum List

Back