Republicans expect the disabled to work

NeoTemplar

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2012
Why do republicans expect disabled people to work? I've known several people who are disabled and could do all the physical and mental portions of a job and even want one but fear losing the live saving medications that they need if they do because the government says they can get if they want but will have to pay for their own medication many of which were extremely costly even before the economy went bad and even if that wasn't the case many employers wouldn't take them anyway because they fear that they are a liability if there as good or better at the work as any of their companies current employees. So how can republicans seriously think that "every" disabled person can get a job and still survive not only physically but also finically, I mean aren't they called disabled for a reason in the first place?

Please post any link suggesting Republicans believe all disabled people should work. We'll wait.

This is from the experience of my friends and I we spoke to a crowd of people several cities in two different states and than asked what they political affiliation was, republicans by far supported the disabled working I was surprised to learn that even some republicans in my family who knew the situation were for it. Ive also spoken to many online and im not saying they all do ive never met them all but what I can tell through my own experience the vast majority of republicans seem to have the same sentiment, either they want disability cut or they want the disabled to get a job.

Please post any link suggesting Republicans believe all disabled people should work. We'll wait.

This is from the experience of my friends and I we spoke to a crowd of people several cities in two different states and than asked what they political affiliation was, republicans by far supported the disabled working I was surprised to learn that even some republicans in my family who knew the situation were for it. Ive also spoken to many online and im not saying they all do ive never met them all but what I can tell through my own experience the vast majority of republicans seem to have the same sentiment, either they want disability cut or they want the disabled to get a job.
OK, this is typical but I can help you.
First, the statement "the disabled should get a job" is not identical to "all disabled people should get a job." To stupid people those similar statements are the same.
Second, the experience of you talking to your friends, or even a "crowd" (hundreds? thousands?) is pretty well irrelevant since they may or may not be Republicans, but certainly do not speak for the Republican Party.

Another typical weak-ass thread by Democrats too stupid to debate.

So republicans expect disabled people to work (not!), while democrats expect disabled people just to die so they can wash their hands of them. Wasn't it this idiot president who made all the smarmy remarks about the fact that "people shouldn't expect to live forever" in order to rationalize mass murder at VA hospitals and within medicare/medicaid? Yes, yes, I think it was him.

First, the statement "the disabled should get a job" is not identical to "all disabled people should get a job." To stupid people those similar statements are the same.
Second, the experience of you talking to your friends, or even a "crowd" (hundreds? thousands?) is pretty well irrelevant since they may or may not be Republicans, but certainly do not speak for the Republican Party.

That may have been so "if" I was a Democrat which for your information my rude friend I am not and saying that all experiences are irrelevant is simply ignorant it is through experience that we learn and I never said I was talking to my friends I say my friends and I spoke to gathered crowds in several cities in two different states and the majority who supported the idea were republican. I did not say all republicans supported it only the majority that I had met in these two states.

I always thought they expected them to die. Isn't that the point about withholding health care?

So republicans expect disabled people to work (not!), while democrats expect disabled people just to die so they can wash their hands of them. Wasn't it this idiot president who made all the smarmy remarks about the fact that "people shouldn't expect to live forever" in order to rationalize mass murder at VA hospitals and within medicare/medicaid? Yes, yes, I think it was him.

Well I certainly didn't vote for him and as I said in my previous post I am not a Democrat so how is this bad mouthing relevant to the discussion?

Tha

Thanks Rabbi...you save me a lot of time.

Why do republicans expect disabled people to work? I've known several people who are disabled and could do all the physical and mental portions of a job and even want one but fear losing the live saving medications that they need if they do because the government says they can get if they want but will have to pay for their own medication many of which were extremely costly even before the economy went bad and even if that wasn't the case many employers wouldn't take them anyway because they fear that they are a liability if there as good or better at the work as any of their companies current employees. So how can republicans seriously think that "every" disabled person can get a job and still survive not only physically but also finically, I mean aren't they called disabled for a reason in the first place?
We have obama care now. Problem solved, right?

Tha

Thanks Rabbi...you save me a lot of time.

I suppose ignorance is bliss when it doesn't involve you.

I was judged as being 40% disabled back in 1998.. Since then my medical conditions have worsen to the point that my doctor wants to submit me at 70%.

Yet I still work. Up to a couple of months ago, I worked 7 days a week at two jobs, getting 40 hours or more at each one.

With the exception of those at 100% disabled, there is no reason for a person not to work as long as they can do the job.

That may have been so "if" I was a Democrat which for your information my rude friend I am not and saying that all experiences are irrelevant is simply ignorant it is through experience that we learn and I never said I was talking to my friends I say my friends and I spoke to gathered crowds in several cities in two different states and the majority who supported the idea were republican. I did not say all republicans supported it only the majority that I had met in these two states.
You're a Democrat. At least a lib. I can smell it.
I didnt say it was irrelevant. I said it was hardly persuasive. And unless you spoke to every or a majority of Republicans and asked exactly the same question it doesnt mean a whole lot.
And of course you dodged the distinction between "the disabled ought to work" and "all the disabled ought to work".
You understand thsoe are two different things, right?

You're a Democrat. At least a lib. I can smell it.
I didnt say it was irrelevant. I said it was hardly persuasive. And unless you spoke to every or a majority of Republicans and asked exactly the same question it doesnt mean a whole lot.
And of course you dodged the distinction between "the disabled ought to work" and "all the disabled ought to work".
You understand thsoe are two different things, right?
Dude. You really need to get a life. Close to 46,000 posts to this board in a little over 5 years, LOL. That comes out to about 25 per day, everyday, for the past 5 plus years, LMAO. Seriously dude, you need to pry yourself away from the computer, go outside and take a walk or something.

I always thought they expected them to die. Isn't that the point about withholding health care?

Dunno, ask Obama. His health care plan will kill millions before their time under the old system.

You guys all seem to be missing the point here let me try and spell it out for you, this is a non-choice, its either stay alive but don't get a job or get a job and almost certainly lose the medication that's keeping you alive.

I was judged as being 40% disabled back in 1998.. Since then my medical conditions have worsen to the point that my doctor wants to submit me at 70%.
Yet I still work. Up to a couple of months ago, I worked 7 days a week at two jobs, getting 40 hours or more at each one.
With the exception of those at 100% disabled, there is no reason for a person not to work as long as they can do the job.

And what exactly do you think 100% disabled means, Physically disabled? Mentally disabled? What about the people who were born disabled? What about people such as Epileptics who fit into neither category?

Most people on disability can and should work and should quit mooching off the taxpayers. If you can ride a motorcycle from north Georgia to Daytona you are not disabled. If you can water ski you are not disabled. If you can walk and talk you are not disabled enough to keep you from working. Disability pay and classification is not a right. Sick and tired of the people that I know that have nothing really wrong with them drawing $1800 a month in social security disability and riding horses on their property next to me. A local guy owns and works a landscaping company and has a disability tag on his truck. Social security disability sends out crazy checks monthly. Anyone can qualify.

If by disabled you mean people who are "too sad to work" then no, I don't want them to work, I want them to off themselves.

I see quite a few disabled people with jobs quite often. They seem quite happy to have a purpose and appear to enjoy the socialization from all outward appearances.

What a load of horseshit.

I know people who are "disabled."

Hell One of em's an electrician. He lost part of a leg in Iraq. That guys works 16 to 18 hour days and he's as far from disabled as anyone can get.

Of course there are those who wear that disabled tag like a blanket. Folks who don't want to work and have no problem collecting so they don't have to.

On the other side are loads of disabled who do work and wouldn't have it any other way.

Forum List

Back