"Republicans finally admit there is no Benghazi scandal"

Which our current interrogation techniques don't fit. Mental anguish is not torture or even police detectives would be deemed torturers.

Waterboarding is torture. By definition. We've prosecuted others for it.
Wrong. Water boarding is mental anguish not torture. We train our own SOGs with that method.

You are 100% wrong. The United States has prosecuted war criminals for waterboarding.
Kinda hard to argue it isn't torture when we executed people for doing it, huh?

That is of course incorrect.

Here's the sort of thing Japanese WERE executed for.

Japanese War Crime Trials

^^Blaming the victim. Hillary-approved.
There is plenty of blame to go around, and it was his call to be there. If a man falls off a cliff, and he knew it was there and dangerous, do I only blame the cliff? True personal responsibility means when the dead guy screwed up, you get to say just that. Keep your PC never speak ill of the dead to yourself.

oh yeah, I'm known for being PC hahahahahahaha

I think the guy was a liberal douche. I don't particularly care that he died. I care about the others who were killed, and THEY died because of the incompetent, cynical, pieces of shit in the admin.

They died because of the POS militants who attacked them.

Well that too. Of course, it wouldn't have happened if our admin weren't such pieces of shit.

Yeah, after 147 investigations you don't have a single piece of evidence to support that, but we'll take YOUR word over the word of everyone else who studied this intently.

4 dead bodies are 4 pieces of evidence.

and "4 pieces of evidence" isn't a "scandal"
You tried your best to whip it into one.
You failed.
Move on or continue to look stupid. Your choice.

a death does not equal a "scandal"

Four deaths that should never have taken place most certainly DOES equal a scandal.

How about 4 thousand + American deaths that should never have been? How about a year or more of misleading Congress and the American people. Now that's a scandal!

Quit trying to change the subject dickhead.

Fuck off. Oldstyle has claimed that misleading the pubic is a scandal. Rice knew she was lying about the aluminum tubes. Where's the outrage??????

You don't know the first thing about how government works...do you Joey? Here's how things are done in the public sector! If I think my department is going to need 1 million dollars to operate, I ask for a budget of 1.2 million. Why, you naively ask? Because in government, budget requests are almost NEVER granted in their entirety because the people allocating the money assume that you've asked for far more than you really need. So you need 1 million...you ask for 1.2...and a budget committee pats itself on the back for "saving" the taxpayers a hundred thousand dollars by giving you 1.1 million!

There is nothing "cheap" about government the way we do it here in the US.

Come on, guy, you slashed the shit out of Embassy Security and now want to whine when people get killed.

That Chutzpah, guy.

The Kind of Chutzpah that says, "Shit Happens' when 5000 Americans die in a war over weapons that didn't exist, but you want to treat the deaths of these four guys like the WORST THING EVER!!!!
^ that

don't forget the 3,000 that perished on the REAL 9/11 that happened while a Repub Admin was "asleep at the switch".

Oldstyle is one of the biggest partisan hacks on the board. Thats saying A LOT because there are > a few here ;)

Only a total partisan hack would accuse George W. Bush of being "asleep at the switch" (because his Administration didn't see 9/11...a one day sneak attack coming) while giving Barack Obama a pass for totally BEING asleep as ISIS took over huge chunks of the Middle East over a six month period!

Yup and only a total partisan forgets the whole thing was planned on Clinton's watch with one of his FBI agents, John O'Neil, screaming something was coming. NO one listened and we got 9/11.

Kinda funny how easily they blame Bush for everything and kinda sorta forget all about Clinton and Obama.

Oh wait. I forgot. They are Dems. Never mind.
your link didn't post through :eusa_whistle: :eusa_naughty: :blahblah:

Four deaths that should never have taken place most certainly DOES equal a scandal.

How about 4 thousand + American deaths that should never have been? How about a year or more of misleading Congress and the American people. Now that's a scandal!

Fuck off. Oldstyle has claimed that misleading the pubic is a scandal. Rice knew she was lying about the aluminum tubes. Where's the outrage??????
Oldstyle has "selective" outrage. EVERYONE here knows that. :p

Only a total partisan hack would accuse George W. Bush of being "asleep at the switch" (because his Administration didn't see 9/11...a one day sneak attack coming) while giving Barack Obama a pass for totally BEING asleep as ISIS took over huge chunks of the Middle East over a six month period!

Bush was handed a daily breif that said, 'Bin Laden Determined To Strike US" that specifically talked about hijacking airplanes a month before the attack.

His response - "Well, you covered your ass." and he went fishing.

As for ISIS. Big Whup. Not our problem. Why don't you and Bill Krystol and all the other Neo-Cons form your own brigade to go over and fight them?
^ that

You failed.

Usually the cover-up is the scandal. This is no different.

This only proves what incompetent boobs these dummy craps are and that their primary function is to win elections, not run the country ethically, rationally, or legally.

Waterboarding is torture. By definition. We've prosecuted others for it.
Wrong. Water boarding is mental anguish not torture. We train our own SOGs with that method.

You are 100% wrong. The United States has prosecuted war criminals for waterboarding.

There is plenty of blame to go around, and it was his call to be there. If a man falls off a cliff, and he knew it was there and dangerous, do I only blame the cliff? True personal responsibility means when the dead guy screwed up, you get to say just that. Keep your PC never speak ill of the dead to yourself.

I think the guy was a liberal douche. I don't particularly care that he died. I care about the others who were killed, and THEY died because of the incompetent, cynical, pieces of shit in the admin.

Well that too. Of course, it wouldn't have happened if our admin weren't such pieces of shit.

Yeah, after 147 investigations you don't have a single piece of evidence to support that, but we'll take YOUR word over the word of everyone else who studied this intently.

so are 220 dead marines blown to hell at an Embassy ... no scandal there eh?

Was there a cover-up?

You failed.

This only proves what incompetent boobs these dummy craps are and that their primary function is to win elections, not run the country ethically, rationally, or legally.

If focusing on re-election rather than good government was a crime - we couldn't build enough prisons. And "investigating" these instances would be the only function Congress would be able to maintain.

No scandal here - as has been demonstrated in about 200 "investigations." At this point, the investigations themselves are an exercise in re-election rather than good government.

Prove it was then, otherwise STFU.

Gowdy is going after pre-attack lack of sufficient security. All the post-attack nonsense has been shot down by the facts.

This Gowdy search for the smoking gun will also be a waste of time.
Partisans have trouble dealing with Shit Happens. Stevens won't look good if he goes that way. He was a great guy but he twice turned down extra security, was 400 miles away in a place he said was dangerous as hell, and then all hell broke loose and he was killed. No matter what they go after trying to get at Hillary and Obama those facts won't change.

If a man was sent to the edge of a cliff by his bosses and he cautioned them repeatedly how dangerous it was and how he would REALLY like a safety harness but they repeatedly turned down that request...only to have the man fall to his death...would you blame the cliff...or would you blame the man's bosses who wouldn't give him the safety harness?

I'd argue THAT lawsuit against the bosses in civil court six days a week and twice on Sunday!
In this case the man knew the dangers and made the choice to be there anyway, on that particular day, and it was his decision not theirs. Now what?
The man you're speaking of DID know the dangers which is why he repeatedly asked his superiors not to draw down his security force. THAT was not his decision
Gowdy is going after pre-attack lack of sufficient security. All the post-attack nonsense has been shot down by the facts.

This Gowdy search for the smoking gun will also be a waste of time.
Partisans have trouble dealing with Shit Happens. Stevens won't look good if he goes that way. He was a great guy but he twice turned down extra security, was 400 miles away in a place he said was dangerous as hell, and then all hell broke loose and he was killed. No matter what they go after trying to get at Hillary and Obama those facts won't change.

If a man was sent to the edge of a cliff by his bosses and he cautioned them repeatedly how dangerous it was and how he would REALLY like a safety harness but they repeatedly turned down that request...only to have the man fall to his death...would you blame the cliff...or would you blame the man's bosses who wouldn't give him the safety harness?

I'd argue THAT lawsuit against the bosses in civil court six days a week and twice on Sunday!
In this case the man knew the dangers and made the choice to be there anyway, on that particular day, and it was his decision not theirs. Now what?

Blaming Chris Stevens for doing his job is about as low as it gets...he is not the person to blame for security not being what it should have been in Libya. He told the State Department that the situation was getting worse...he asked that they not draw down his security detail...blaming HIM for the State Department's failure to grasp the reality of how dangerous it was in Libya borders on the absurd.

Was there a cover-up?

I don't remember one .. and every investigation about Benghazi can't find one.

The man you're speaking of DID know the dangers which is why he repeatedly asked his superiors not to draw down his security force. THAT was not his decision

Blaming Chris Stevens for doing his job is about as low as it gets...he is not the person to blame for security not being what it should have been in Libya. He told the State Department that the situation was getting worse...he asked that they not draw down his security detail...blaming HIM for the State Department's failure to grasp the reality of how dangerous it was in Libya borders on the absurd.

they didn't draw down his security detail, they offered him more security

Official Amb. Stevens Refused Additional Security Military.com

A spokesman for Rep. Darrell Issa, R-Calif., chairman of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, indicated some lawmakers may have known about the Stevens-Ham discussions before last week's hearing.
"There were certainly robust debates between State and Defense officials over the mission and controlling authority of such forces," Frederick Hill told McClatchy in an email. "The lack of discussion by the public [Accountability Review Board] report about the role interagency tension played in a lack of security resources remains a significant concern of the Oversight Committee..

and Issa found NOTHING .

end of story.

Last edited:
You failed.

Yup. The cover up is the scandal along with the lies told by the administration.

Oh and lets throw in Barry's Vegas fundraise. You know the one he went to the next day despite the fact that his consulate, his ambassador and three other Americans were dead. It shows just what kind of a man he is. A Self centered asshole plus.

You failed.

If focusing on re-election rather than good government was a crime - we couldn't build enough prisons. And "investigating" these instances would be the only function Congress would be able to maintain.

No scandal here - as has been demonstrated in about 200 "investigations." At this point, the investigations themselves are an exercise in re-election rather than good government.
Lying sack.

There has not been 200 separate investigations.

At this point the cover-up after Benghazi pales in comparison to recent events. Obama has been up to even worse criminal activities. Human-Trafficking, misappropriation of federal funds, criminal conspiracy to commit fraud.

Benghazi compared to recent revelations will seem like the Clap is to AIDs.

Did this memo say how, when or where?

No it didn't because there were no specifics in that memo. Just a warning about something that might happen.

He got the memo and two weeks later we got 9-11. Two weeks.

The whole thing was planned on Clinton's watch and his FBI man O'Neil couldn't get anyone to listen. He knew something was going to happen and his bosses thought he was nuts.

Bush will always get the blame because it happened on his watch but Clinton is as much to blame as Bush.
take Shrub's cawk outta yer mouth & stop being so blindly partisan :talktothehand:

You ever heard of O'Neill? Secretary O'Neill? TREASURY Secretary O'Neill under Bu$h II? Bu$h II was pre-occupied w/ invading Iraq/rewarding contractor buddies than anything else, like.....oh..... protecting the homeland for instance.

CNN.com - O Neill Bush planned Iraq invasion before 9 11 - Jan. 14 2004
(CNN) -- The Bush administration began planning to use U.S. troops to invade Iraq within days after the former Texas governor entered the White House three years ago, former Treasury Secretary Paul O'Neill told CBS News' 60 Minutes.

Forum List

Back