"Republicans finally admit there is no Benghazi scandal"

So let me see how this works in Lib Land, Faun...Joey's has his panties in a bunch because the Republican controlled House gave the State Department 100 million less than what they asked for which Joey is DETERMINED is to blame for the lack of security in Benghazi...but when I point out that Congress almost ALWAYS gives less to government agencies than what they request and that the Democratically controlled House gave the State Department 142 million less than it asked for in 2010 you blow it off as something to do with the recession?

We weren't in LIbya in 2010, spanky. Try again.

When the Administration is deliberately hiding evidence from Congressional investigators like the Ben Rhodes email...should they be rewarded because they were successful at hiding evidence for over a year until a Freedom of Information lawsuit forced them to divulge what they should have turned over earlier?

I think you guys have had 7 investigations, and still haven't found anything but the stuff of conspiracies.

The problem with conspiracy theories is that no matter how many times you prove it's a weather balloon, they will STILL insist it's a flying saucer.

I keep hearing this refrain that the investigations have cleared the State Department and the White House of any "wrong doing". I'm baffled by that because every single one of the reports is critical of the State Department's handling of diplomatic security leading up to Benghazi. How you arrive at the conclusion that they've been given a clean bill of health on Benghazi boggles my mind. That wasn't the result of ANY of the investigations. The last one gave the intelligence services a passing grade and the Defense Department a pass as well. It did not do the same for the Clinton State Department.

Most sensible people realize that there's a big difference between "wrongdoing" and "Well, you probably could have handled that better".

Most of us could have handled something better in our lives.

But you guys still look like ghouls when you try to stand on top of Ambassador Steven's coffin and try to make a political statement. Outside of you nuts, most people know the Middle east is actually a pretty dangerous place.

So let me see how this works in Lib Land, Faun...Joey's has his panties in a bunch because the Republican controlled House gave the State Department 100 million less than what they asked for which Joey is DETERMINED is to blame for the lack of security in Benghazi...but when I point out that Congress almost ALWAYS gives less to government agencies than what they request and that the Democratically controlled House gave the State Department 142 million less than it asked for in 2010 you blow it off as something to do with the recession?

We weren't in LIbya in 2010, spanky. Try again.

I didn't say we were. What I did point out was the a Democratically controlled House cut the State Department's budget in 2010 more than the GOP did in 2012...which proves my point that almost EVERY budget request gets cut. Duh?

I keep hearing this refrain that the investigations have cleared the State Department and the White House of any "wrong doing". I'm baffled by that because every single one of the reports is critical of the State Department's handling of diplomatic security leading up to Benghazi. How you arrive at the conclusion that they've been given a clean bill of health on Benghazi boggles my mind. That wasn't the result of ANY of the investigations. The last one gave the intelligence services a passing grade and the Defense Department a pass as well. It did not do the same for the Clinton State Department.

Most sensible people realize that there's a big difference between "wrongdoing" and "Well, you probably could have handled that better".

Most of us could have handled something better in our lives.

But you guys still look like ghouls when you try to stand on top of Ambassador Steven's coffin and try to make a political statement. Outside of you nuts, most people know the Middle east is actually a pretty dangerous place.

Who looks worse, Joey...me for pointing out how badly the Clinton State Department bungled diplomatic security in Libya...or Hillary Clinton for meeting those coffins at Andrews Air Force Base and telling the parents of the dead men that they were going to "get" the person who made the video that was responsible? Talk about sleazy! Hillary is in a class all her own when it comes to that.

I didn't say we were. What I did point out was the a Democratically controlled House cut the State Department's budget in 2010 more than the GOP did in 2012...which proves my point that almost EVERY budget request gets cut. Duh?

Okay- except that the Libya thing wasn't in the 2010 budget.

It was in the 2012 budget, which Republicans proudly cut.

No Dressage Horsie Left Behind.

Who looks worse, Joey...me for pointing out how badly the Clinton State Department bungled diplomatic security in Libya...or Hillary Clinton for meeting those coffins at Andrews Air Force Base and telling the parents of the dead men that they were going to "get" the person who made the video that was responsible? Talk about sleazy! Hillary is in a class all her own when it comes to that.

Well, considering we GOT Ahmed Abu Khattala, the mastermind behind the attack, I'd say we got the guy who was responsible.

You know, unlike Bush who didn't get bin Laden in seven years after the 9/11 attacks.

Oh, and what did Ahmed Abu Khattala Have to say about why he launched the attack?

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/18/w...n-to-answer-questions-on-assault.html?hp&_r=3

Despite extensive speculation about the possible role of Al Qaeda in directing the attack, Mr. Abu Khattala is a local, small-time Islamist militant. He has no known connections to international terrorist groups, say American officials briefed on the criminal investigation and intelligence reporting, and other Benghazi Islamists and militia leaders who have known him for many years.

As the attack in Benghazi was unfolding a few hours later, Mr. Abu Khattala told fellow Islamist fighters and others that the assault was retaliation for the same insulting video, according to people who heard him.

Where in any of those 7 Sunday morning talk shows did Susan Rice say that extremists possibly linked to Al Qaeda attacked our consulate?

Are you dropping in and out of a coma or something?

OS 10363983
Show me where Barack Obama, Joe Biden, Hillary Clinton, Susan Rice or Jay Carney said in the week after the attack, that extremists with potential ties to Al Queda committed an act of terror in Benghazi? Show me their quotes on that, Notfooled.

Right here:

NF 10246779
NotfooledbyW said:
Susan Rice said and acknowledged on September 16, 2012 after being directly asked if al Qaeda had some part in the Benghazi attack?

SUSAN RICE: Well, we'll have to find out that out. I mean I think it's clear that there were extremist elements that joined in and escalated the violence. Whether they were al Qaeda affiliates, whether they were Libyan-based extremists or al Qaeda itself I think is one of the things we'll have to determine.

Face the Nation transcripts September 16 2012 Libyan Pres. Magariaf Amb. Rice and Sen. McCain - Page 2 - CBS News

Obviously I don't because I said you claimed you were in the military. Claiming it again is not proof of anything. And there is no way. You are paranoid, delusional and narcissistic with allusions of grandeur.

I think the word you are looking for is "illusions of grandeur".

The military contrary to your leftist authoritarianism bigotry isn't where they take the dregs of society.

Again, back in the 1980's, i was more right wing than you are. Except that was before Right Wing turned into "Batshit Crazy". Incidentally, a lot of liberals in the military, then and now.

You don't have to be a rocket scientist, but you have to have some intelligence. And they also have psych exams specifically to weed you out. There is no way they would allow you near a gun much less accept you.

I think that shows how very little you know. There are no "Psych exams" to get into the military, guy. Now, I can't speak of right now - where they still managed to take guys like Hasan, Bergdahl and Manning, all of whom were a few tacos short of a combination platter - but back in the day, all you really had to do was pass a physical and the ASVAB.

Honestly, I wish the military was better at identifying emotional issues. During a good chunk of my service, I was pretty seriously depressed after my parents died. No one really noticed.

And another lie is your claim that "brown people" fight in our wars. The military is more white than the general population, another lie based on your bigotry and ignorance.

Well, no, you'd be wrong about that, as well.

Demographics of Active Duty U.S. Military Statistic Brain

Blacks make up 21.5% of the Army compared to 13% of the population.

Justified doesn't make your lie they "cut" the budget true. If that was your argument, you should have said that instead of lying. And maybe when Republicans INCREASED the global security budget, they thought the Commander and Chief of the Military would have been smart enough to use more of it in a ... war zone ... They were wrong, obviously.

Except Libya wasn't an active war zone at that point. Now, realizing you are like a complete fucking retard, the reality is, when you have places like Iraq and Afghanistan, where our embassies are pretty much fortresses, you probably aren't going to spend a lot of effort on the consulate in Benghazi. It's just not going to be a high priority for you.

Right, did you read your data? It shows that the active duty military is more white than the population at large.

Right, did you read your data? It shows that the active duty military is more white than the population at large.

Which wasn't my point, but explaining it to you again would be kind of a waste of time.

Which wasn't my point, but explaining it to you again would be kind of a waste of time.

Your "point" was that "brown" people fight our wars. As usual you were wrong which Kaz pointed out. How many things do you think you can get totally wrong in one string, Joey?

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
Where in any of those 7 Sunday morning talk shows did Susan Rice say that extremists possibly linked to Al Qaeda attacked our consulate?

Rice said; "I mean I think it's clear that there were extremist elements that joined in and escalated the violence."

If you want to know who do we think those extremist elements might be?

Rice said: "Whether they were al Qaeda affiliates, whether they were Libyan-based extremists or al Qaeda itself I think is one of the things we'll have to determine."

So its not a statement that terrorists did not participate in an attack, its a statement that it was Qaeda affiliates, Libyan-based extremists, or al Qaeda itself that brought heavy weapons and escalated a small protest (see what Claudette cited) that led to the deaths of Stevens and Smith,

So why are you still bleeting this whine?

Do you not understand that the REASON for Rice to go on those shows was to downplay any involvement by Al Qaeda because that made a joke of the President's whole "Osama is dead and Al Qaeda is on the run" stump speech?

Have you not paid attention to this six month old news:

JoeB 10368602
Well, considering we GOT Ahmed Abu Khattala, the mastermind behind the attack, I'd say we got the guy who was responsible.

He's not al Qaeda, Oldstyle. That reality makes a joke of your CT that the "REASON for Rice to go on those shows was to downplay any involvement by Al Qaeda. "

She didn't downplay al Qaeda (See above) and al Qaeda was not behind the attack anyway.

Do you realize how ignorant all this crushing reality makes you out to be, Oldstyle?

What's next from that CT imagination of yours? Is Ahmed Abu Khattala being wrongly framed to conceal AQ's involvement in the attack?

Last edited:
This must be devastating for Oldstyle and Claudette:

JoeB 10368648
As the attack in Benghazi was unfolding a few hours later, Mr. Abu Khattala told fellow Islamist fighters and others that the assault was retaliation for the same insulting video, according to people who heard him.

OS 10305266
... the Obama White House decided to go with a narrative that it wasn't Al Queda that was behind the attacks that killed those four Americans but that the attacks took place because of a YouTube video

What you wrote in post 10305266 is not true. The White House 'decided' nothing of the sort. Susan Rice did not go with a narrative that it was not Al Queda that was behind the attacks that killed four Americans. She went with the 100% correct narrative that an investigation was getting under way to determine if the extremist elements that took part in the attacks were Qaeda affiliates, Libyan-based extremists, or al Qaeda itself.

Why would she say that, Oldstyle, if the narrative was supposed to be that al Qaeda was not behind the attacks?

Why did YOU write the false narrative Oldstyle? Can you explain such irresponsible and dishonest writing coming from your keyboard?

That right?

JoeB131 said:
And another lie is your claim that "brown people" fight in our wars. The military is more white than the general population, another lie based on your bigotry and ignorance.

Well, no, you'd be wrong about that, as well.

Demographics of Active Duty U.S. Military Statistic Brain

Your data showed you wrong.

OS 10305266
... the Obama White House decided to go with a narrative that it wasn't Al Queda that was behind the attacks that killed those four Americans but that the attacks took place because of a YouTube video

What you wrote in post 10305266 is not true. The White House 'decided' nothing of the sort. Susan Rice did not go with a narrative that it was not Al Queda that was behind the attacks that killed four Americans. She went with the 100% correct narrative that an investigation was getting under way to determine if the extremist elements that took part in the attacks were Qaeda affiliates, Libyan-based extremists, or al Qaeda itself.

Why would she say that, Oldstyle, if the narrative was supposed to be that al Qaeda was not behind the attacks?

Why did YOU write the false narrative Oldstyle? Can you explain such irresponsible and dishonest writing coming from your keyboard?[/QUOTE

The false narrative is from YOU actually, Notfooled! Here is the question that was put to Rice and how she responded.

JAKE TAPPER: So, first of all, what is the latest you can tell us on who these attackers were at the embassy or at the consulate in Benghazi? We’re hearing that the Libyans have arrested people. They’re saying that some people involved were from outside the country, that there might have even been Al Qaida ties. What’s the latest information?

MS. RICE: Well, Jake, first of all, it’s important to know that there’s an FBI investigation that has begun and will take some time to be completed. That will tell us with certainty what transpired.

But our current best assessment, based on the information that we have at present, is that, in fact, what this began as, it was a spontaneous — not a premeditated — response to what had transpired in Cairo. In Cairo, as you know, a few hours earlier, there was a violent protest that was undertaken in reaction to this very offensive video that was disseminated.

We believe that folks in Benghazi, a small number of people came to the embassy to — or to the consulate, rather, to replicate the sort of challenge that was posed in Cairo. And then as that unfolded, it seems to have been hijacked, let us say, by some individual clusters of extremists who came with heavier weapons, weapons that as you know in — in the wake of the revolution in Libya are — are quite common and accessible. And it then evolved from there.

From CBS...

MS. RICE: So we’ll want to see the results of that [FBI] investigation to draw any definitive conclusions. But based on the best information we have to date, what our assessment is as of the present is in fact what began spontaneously in Benghazi as a reaction to what had transpired some hours earlier in Cairo where, of course, as you know, there was a violent protest outside of our embassy– –sparked by this hateful video. But soon after that spontaneous protest began outside of our consulate in Benghazi, we believe that it looks like extremist elements, individuals, joined in that– in that effort with heavy weapons of the sort that are, unfortunately, readily now available in Libya post-revolution. And that it spun from there into something much, much more violent.

BOB SCHIEFFER: But you do not agree with him that this was something that had been plotted out several months ago?

MS. RICE: We do not– we do not have information at present that leads us to conclude that this was premeditated or preplanned.

MR. SCHIEFFER: Do you agree or disagree with [the previous guest, the president of Libya’s general national congress] that al Qaeda had some part in this?

MS. RICE: Well, we’ll have to find out that out. I mean I think it’s clear that there were extremist elements that joined in and escalated the violence. Whether they were al Qaeda affiliates, whether they were Libyan-based extremists or al Qaeda itself I think is one of the things we’ll have to determine.

And on FOX...

CHRIS WALLACE: Let’s talk about the attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi this week that killed four Americans, including Ambassador Chris Stevens.

The top Libyan official says that the attack on Tuesday was, quote, his words “preplanned”. Al Qaeda says the operation was revenge for our killing a top Al Qaeda leader.

What do we know?

MS. RICE: Well, first of all, Chris, we are obviously investigating this very closely. The FBI has a lead in this investigation. The information, the best information and the best assessment we have today is that in fact this was not a preplanned, premeditated attack. That what happened initially was that it was a spontaneous reaction to what had just transpired in Cairo as a consequence of the video. People gathered outside the embassy and then it grew very violent and those with extremist ties joined the fray and came with heavy weapons, which unfortunately are quite common in post-revolutionary Libya and that then spun out of control.

But we don’t see at this point signs this was a coordinated plan, premeditated attack. Obviously, we will wait for the results of the investigation and we don’t want to jump to conclusions before then. But I do think it’s important for the American people to know our best current assessment.

And on NBC...

DAVID GREGORY: Well, let’s talk– talk about– well, you talked about this as spontaneous. Can you say definitively that the attacks on– on our consulate in Libya that killed ambassador Stevens and others there security personnel, that was spontaneous, was it a planned attack? Was there a terrorist element to it?

MS. RICE: Well, let us– let me tell you the– the best information we have at present. First of all, there’s an FBI investigation which is ongoing. And we look to that investigation to give us the definitive word as to what transpired. But putting together the best information that we have available to us today our current assessment is that what happened in Benghazi was in fact initially a spontaneous reaction to what had just transpired hours before in Cairo, almost a copycat of– of the demonstrations against our facility in Cairo, which were prompted, of course, by the video. What we think then transpired in Benghazi is that opportunistic extremist elements came to the consulate as this was unfolding. They came with heavy weapons which unfortunately are readily available in post revolutionary Libya. And it escalated into a much more violent episode. Obviously, that’s– that’s our best judgment now. We’ll await the results of the investigation. And the president has been very clear–we’ll work with the Libyan authorities to bring those responsible to justice."

It's clear from reading those transcripts EXACTLY what Rice's narrative was for that day...it's what Ben Rhodes spelled out for her in his email! Blame it on the YouTube video...do not under any circumstances admit that it was an Al Queda affiliated group and don't under any circumstances admit it was planned well in advance.

Your "point" was that "brown" people fight our wars. As usual you were wrong which Kaz pointed out. How many things do you think you can get totally wrong in one string, Joey?

Brown people don't fight our wars? Wow, that's news to me.

Aren't those brown people in the photos below?

Nov20Story1ma.jpg

hrs_140426-N-SZ959-183.jpg

Brown people don't fight our wars? Wow, that's news to me.

Aren't those brown people in the photos below?

Nov20Story1ma.jpg

hrs_140426-N-SZ959-183.jpg

Joey's claim was that we only send "brown people" to fight our wars. In the picture you provided do you see white faces? Joey doesn't think they exist.

OS 10305266

Why did YOU write the false narrative Oldstyle? Can you explain such irresponsible and dishonest writing coming from your keyboard?[/QUOTE

The false narrative is from YOU actually, Notfooled! Here is the question that was put to Rice and how she responded.

JAKE TAPPER: So, first of all, what is the latest you can tell us on who these attackers were at the embassy or at the consulate in Benghazi? We’re hearing that the Libyans have arrested people. They’re saying that some people involved were from outside the country, that there might have even been Al Qaida ties. What’s the latest information?

MS. RICE: Well, Jake, first of all, it’s important to know that there’s an FBI investigation that has begun and will take some time to be completed. That will tell us with certainty what transpired.

But our current best assessment, based on the information that we have at present, is that, in fact, what this began as, it was a spontaneous — not a premeditated — response to what had transpired in Cairo. In Cairo, as you know, a few hours earlier, there was a violent protest that was undertaken in reaction to this very offensive video that was disseminated.

We believe that folks in Benghazi, a small number of people came to the embassy to — or to the consulate, rather, to replicate the sort of challenge that was posed in Cairo. And then as that unfolded, it seems to have been hijacked, let us say, by some individual clusters of extremists who came with heavier weapons, weapons that as you know in — in the wake of the revolution in Libya are — are quite common and accessible. And it then evolved from there.

From CBS...

MS. RICE: So we’ll want to see the results of that [FBI] investigation to draw any definitive conclusions. But based on the best information we have to date, what our assessment is as of the present is in fact what began spontaneously in Benghazi as a reaction to what had transpired some hours earlier in Cairo where, of course, as you know, there was a violent protest outside of our embassy– –sparked by this hateful video. But soon after that spontaneous protest began outside of our consulate in Benghazi, we believe that it looks like extremist elements, individuals, joined in that– in that effort with heavy weapons of the sort that are, unfortunately, readily now available in Libya post-revolution. And that it spun from there into something much, much more violent.

BOB SCHIEFFER: But you do not agree with him that this was something that had been plotted out several months ago?

MS. RICE: We do not– we do not have information at present that leads us to conclude that this was premeditated or preplanned.

MR. SCHIEFFER: Do you agree or disagree with [the previous guest, the president of Libya’s general national congress] that al Qaeda had some part in this?

MS. RICE: Well, we’ll have to find out that out. I mean I think it’s clear that there were extremist elements that joined in and escalated the violence. Whether they were al Qaeda affiliates, whether they were Libyan-based extremists or al Qaeda itself I think is one of the things we’ll have to determine.

And on FOX...

CHRIS WALLACE: Let’s talk about the attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi this week that killed four Americans, including Ambassador Chris Stevens.

The top Libyan official says that the attack on Tuesday was, quote, his words “preplanned”. Al Qaeda says the operation was revenge for our killing a top Al Qaeda leader.

What do we know?

MS. RICE: Well, first of all, Chris, we are obviously investigating this very closely. The FBI has a lead in this investigation. The information, the best information and the best assessment we have today is that in fact this was not a preplanned, premeditated attack. That what happened initially was that it was a spontaneous reaction to what had just transpired in Cairo as a consequence of the video. People gathered outside the embassy and then it grew very violent and those with extremist ties joined the fray and came with heavy weapons, which unfortunately are quite common in post-revolutionary Libya and that then spun out of control.

But we don’t see at this point signs this was a coordinated plan, premeditated attack. Obviously, we will wait for the results of the investigation and we don’t want to jump to conclusions before then. But I do think it’s important for the American people to know our best current assessment.

And on NBC...

DAVID GREGORY: Well, let’s talk– talk about– well, you talked about this as spontaneous. Can you say definitively that the attacks on– on our consulate in Libya that killed ambassador Stevens and others there security personnel, that was spontaneous, was it a planned attack? Was there a terrorist element to it?

MS. RICE: Well, let us– let me tell you the– the best information we have at present. First of all, there’s an FBI investigation which is ongoing. And we look to that investigation to give us the definitive word as to what transpired. But putting together the best information that we have available to us today our current assessment is that what happened in Benghazi was in fact initially a spontaneous reaction to what had just transpired hours before in Cairo, almost a copycat of– of the demonstrations against our facility in Cairo, which were prompted, of course, by the video. What we think then transpired in Benghazi is that opportunistic extremist elements came to the consulate as this was unfolding. They came with heavy weapons which unfortunately are readily available in post revolutionary Libya. And it escalated into a much more violent episode. Obviously, that’s– that’s our best judgment now. We’ll await the results of the investigation. And the president has been very clear–we’ll work with the Libyan authorities to bring those responsible to justice."

It's clear from reading those transcripts EXACTLY what Rice's narrative was for that day...it's what Ben Rhodes spelled out for her in his email! Blame it on the YouTube video...do not under any circumstances admit that it was an Al Queda affiliated group and don't under any circumstances admit it was planned well in advance.
Looks like you confirmed what notfooledbyw said.

Forum List

Back