Republicans Just Lost the Alaska House Seat

Democrats killed off a lot of poor folks with their lab concoction called Covid….They’ve essentially taxed the living shit out of them by way of fuel prices and inflation…they’ve stopped them from buying homes with rising interest rates….Sadly, the poor and much of the middle class vote on social issues alone. They’re too stupid, they can’t get out of their own way…they are their own worst enemy.
citygator knows this like all Democrats do…but they know they can’t admit it.
they technically euthanized the elderly as well as the middle class and poor sick folk.

Well you got what you voted for.

If you insist on pissing off a lot of people, might as well just do it and then deal with the consequences.
finally. yep. the red wave be coming. These spin off/ run offs are all controlled by the demofks. Let's don't forget they went to court to argue leaving 26,000 dead names on the voter roll.

This is all one needs to know to know the demofks actually cheat at every opportunity. This one happened to be isolated and drew the attention needed to win the seat. That's all. Not conning me ass whipe.

Listen, shit packer! There is another election in November for a full term. It was posted on this thread numerous times. Why are you unable to read? Oh, I know, you are just a fucking troll!
you talkin' to me? that's not my tweet! don't shoot the messenger! Jesus.

You know that’s not true. It’s the right’s talking point to justify it but it is neither their goal nor the unfolding reality. We are seeing big blocks of the US banning abortion in a competition to see who can be the most draconian in stripping away a woman’s right to her own body. The fact is, if you are poor, you are unlikely to be able to travel hundreds of miles for an abortion and for those who can, states are looking at ways to prevent that as well.

That alone doesn’t account for her win though. I listened to her interviewed, she’s intelligent, knows her issues and isn’t campaigning on a national platform. A key issue she has brought up: declining salmon, a species that is a way of life and substenance for many people. Palin, by contrast, is shallow.

Too bad, so sad. Maybe they will learn to be more responsible when they put the kid up for adoption. California has set up a fund for abortion tourism, or don't you believe Navin Gruesome!

JoeB,

The version the US picked is quite confusing...

STV (Single Vote Transfer) is far simpler for voters..
This is a sample from Ireland.

View attachment 689963

Voting is only ONE day...
There is multiple counts as the lowest candidates get eliminated and there next choice is used..

Here is a simple 3 people going for one seat (president):
View attachment 689965
Brian initially led with most 1st counts...(Term is 'topped the poll).
Austin was the lowest after the first count, he was eliminated.
When his next preference (i.e. 2nd choice) was shared.
Mary was much more popular among Austin voters than Brian, Mary got 205k votes while Brian only got 37k.
Mary was elected (turned out to be a very fine President, I was supporting Brian)

So Austin voters were allowed to vote for Austin without wasting their vote.

It figures that you are a dumbass who would not understand that is the SAME DAMNED THING!

Well you got what you voted for.

If you insist on pissing off a lot of people, might as well just do it and then deal with the consequences.
Maybe you have no fixed morals and just go with the flow wherever it takes you

If so it its easy for you to gloat over political setbacks of conservatives who do have values higher than themselves

The Dem that won, was the incumbent
Incumbent what? Nothing?

My God, Google is your friend! Stop demonstrating your mental retardation!

Democrat Mary Peltola will represent Alaska's lone U.S. House seat, after winning a special election that was determined by a ranked-choice voting tabulation on Wednesday. She will become the the first Alaska Native in Congress.

In the final round of the count, Peltola, a former state lawmaker, edged Sarah Palin, a former Alaska governor and the 2008 Republican vice presidential nominee, by 3 percentage points, 51.5% to 48.5%.

Mary Peltola
D
91,206 votes51.5%
Sarah Palin
R
85,987 votes48.5%
Nick Begich
R
0 votes0%
Total Write-Ins
OTH
0 votes0%