Republicans kick some Democrat butt

Republicans boosted their percentage among African-Americans from 6 percent in 2012 to 10 percent in 2014; from 27 percent to 35 percent among Latinos; from 26 percent to 49 percent among Asians; and from 37 percent to 43 percent for under-30 voters. That's why democrats lost... their base is growing up.

Republicans boosted their percentage among African-Americans from 6 percent in 2012 to 10 percent in 2014; from 27 percent to 35 percent among Latinos; from 26 percent to 49 percent among Asians; and from 37 percent to 43 percent for under-30 voters. That's why democrats lost... their base is growing up.

Good news for Republicans

Results are in and Republicans have won major victories at all levels

Should I blame?

Low information voters?
Republican cheating?
Voter suppression?
Right wing media?

No, I'll just chalk it up to Republicans running some good candidates who kept their mouths shut and avoided shooting themselves in the foot. Republicans avoided the Tea Party nonsense and ran some candidates who appealed to their constituents.

My congratulations to the Republicans

I attribute it, at least in part, to the nonstop drumbeat of conservative fear-mongering being broadcast on talk radio which more or less is a nonstop infomercial in favor of Republican candidates which essentially exists outside the traditional venue of paid campaign advertising that many people generally tune out as much as possible anyway.

Should I blame?

Low information voters?
Republican cheating?
Voter suppression?
Right wing media?

No, I'll just chalk it up to Republicans running some good candidates who kept their mouths shut and avoided shooting themselves in the foot. Republicans avoided the Tea Party nonsense and ran some candidates who appealed to their constituents.

I attribute it, at least in part, to the nonstop drumbeat of conservative fear-mongering being broadcast on talk radio which more or less is a nonstop infomercial in favor of Republican candidates which essentially exists outside the traditional venue of paid campaign advertising that many people generally tune out as much as possible anyway.

One helluva run on sentence their kiddo

Should I blame?

Low information voters?
Republican cheating?
Voter suppression?
Right wing media?

Ah progressive media tries to blame conservative media. Somehow those rascally conservatives forced Democrats to run on the war on (fill in the blank) vs their accomplishments like Obamacare and touting their great leader Obama. /sarcasm

Should I blame?

Low information voters?
Republican cheating?
Voter suppression?
Right wing media?

One helluva run on sentence their kiddo

It's not a run-on sentence. It's just a long one.

Should I blame?

Low information voters?
Republican cheating?
Voter suppression?
Right wing media?

Ah progressive media tries to blame conservative media. Somehow those rascally conservatives forced Democrats to run on the war on (fill in the blank) vs their accomplishments like Obamacare and touting their great leader Obama. /sarcasm

It's odd how conservatives refer to journalism as the liberal media while they refer to the commentary/entertainment of talk radio as the conservative media.

There was once a time in this country when news (and the news divisions of the three major TV networks) were considered sacrosanct. In fact, they were considered to be such a public trust that not only was commentary kept separate, the news divisions were not even operated based on a profit motive like the entertainment divisions were.

That all started to change when the networks were gobbled up by larger corporations. In case you don't remember it or were too young to take note of it at the time, that began happening in the Reagan years. That's when corporate tax cuts which were ostensibly supposed to lead to a retooling of American industry to make American companies more able to compete with foreign competition were instead used by companies to either invest in other profitable industries or essentially build modern day monopolies like the media empires that exist today. That's how RJ Reynolds became RJR Nabisco and the three networks ended up being owned by GE, Westinghouse, and Disney.

At any rate, to bring this thing full circle, the idea of a liberal media bias or a liberal media at all is essentially a canard which is used by the right to dismiss any news story that's not to their liking because what's being reported doesn't adopt a pro conservative bias because it reports facts even when those facts even when those facts may be unpleasant. Now, when a news outlet does that instead of taking sides with the conservative agenda like the cheer leading squad of Fox News, then the charges of liberal bias seem to spring up as if that's all that's required to make people disregard those unpleasant facts. You see, the reality today is that most media outlets have a corporate bias if they have any bias at all, and as a general rule, multibillion dollar corporations are not known for their liberal views.

Should I blame?

Low information voters?
Republican cheating?
Voter suppression?
Right wing media?

It's odd how conservatives refer to journalism as the liberal media while they refer to the commentary/entertainment of talk radio as the conservative media.

There was once a time in this country when news (and the news divisions of the three major TV networks) were considered sacrosanct. In fact, they were considered to be such a public trust that not only was commentary kept separate, the news divisions were not even operated based on a profit motive like the entertainment divisions were.

That all started to change when the networks were gobbled up by larger corporations. In case you don't remember it or were too young to take note of it at the time, that began happening in the Reagan years. That's when corporate tax cuts which were ostensibly supposed to lead to a retooling of American industry to make American companies more able to compete with foreign competition were instead used by companies to either invest in other profitable industries or essentially build modern day monopolies like the media empires that exist today. That's how RJ Reynolds became RJR Nabisco and the three networks ended up being owned by GE, Westinghouse, and Disney.

At any rate, to bring this thing full circle, the idea of a liberal media bias or a liberal media at all is essentially a canard which is used by the right to dismiss any news story that's not to their liking because what's being reported doesn't adopt a pro conservative bias because it reports facts even when those facts even when those facts may be unpleasant. Now, when a news outlet does that instead of taking sides with the conservative agenda like the cheer leading squad of Fox News, then the charges of liberal bias seem to spring up as if that's all that's required to make people disregard those unpleasant facts. You see, the reality today is that most media outlets have a corporate bias if they have any bias at all, and as a general rule, multibillion dollar corporations are not known for their liberal views.

Bullshit. Walter Cronkite lied about Tet and Edward R. Murrow was literally a propagandist.

Should I blame?

Low information voters?
Republican cheating?
Voter suppression?
Right wing media?

Your full of crap,you are also completely wrong.

It's cute how you people (Lefty's) project your own issues on us.

It's one of two things, you are too stupid to look at anything in an objective manner, or you in fact do but just lie through your teeth.

Should I blame?

Low information voters?
Republican cheating?
Voter suppression?
Right wing media?

You ignored my primary point, here it is again why did Democrats choose to not run on their record why not run on Obamacare why not run on Obama's record why did they feel their only chance was to accuse their opponents of being racist and sexist and fill in the blank-ist? Hmmm?

Should I blame?

Low information voters?
Republican cheating?
Voter suppression?
Right wing media?

you hit your head?

Forum List

Back