Republicans nominate a candidate who is in jail charged with murder

Not being able to remove him from the ballot is one thing. Still voting for him is another. Now granted, the article is pretty limited and without more info.......................

Maybe he was running unopposed?
Yeah, terrible article.

The best I can gather is that there are three seats and only three people (all gop) ran for one or all of them....

Now what I can't tell is if all three seats are to be filled at the same time or a lesser amount filled of the three running.

Most places stagger the positions so all are not up in the same year.

Andrew Wilhoite, who’s suspected of fatally striking his wife with a gallon-sized concrete flower pot, secured a spot Tuesday as one of three Republican candidates in the race for a seat on the Clinton Township Board," the Indianapolis Star reports. "The 40-year-old has been incarcerated in the Boone County Jail since March after police said he told investigators he threw a concrete flower pot at his wife, Nikki Wilhoite, the night before and dropped her body over the side of a bridge."

Brad King, co-director of the Indiana Election Division, explained that under Indiana law, Wilhoite is allowed to run.

Indiana wants me, lord I can’t go back there
A woman is DEAD. Her husband tells the police, he hit her with a cement flower pot (blood in the bedroom and living room), dropped her dead body over the side of a bridge, and offered to take them to the body (where it was found at a nearby creek), and then he not only continues his run for low level public office in a town of 9,119 people and wins the primary as the GOP candidate.
I have made the point on here, that Character Counts. A normal person hearing this, walking into a voting booth in a small town where everybody knows people would have to think, "Nope. Can't vote for this guy with that hanging over his head as he is of dubious (to say the least) character and self control. Yet, the local GOP want him to represent them, I can only assume, because he was the GOP candidate. Character does not count with the GOP, even down at the lowest level, if they can secure a political position.
I do not foresee ever having to pass through there, as the only place I go in Indiana is to visit cousins (mostly for funerals) in Indianapolis. Just the same, I am glad Indiana reciprocally recognizes my carry permit, for self-protection from the locals.

"The murder suspect received 60 votes and will be on the ballot for November’s general election to fill the town’s three available seats."

Obviously not a very big election.....only 60 votes.....and just because the cops accuse you of something doesn't mean you are guilty.....unless he belongs to a party you don't like -- that's different.

Andrew Wilhoite, who’s suspected of fatally striking his wife with a gallon-sized concrete flower pot, secured a spot Tuesday as one of three Republican candidates in the race for a seat on the Clinton Township Board," the Indianapolis Star reports. "The 40-year-old has been incarcerated in the Boone County Jail since March after police said he told investigators he threw a concrete flower pot at his wife, Nikki Wilhoite, the night before and dropped her body over the side of a bridge."

Brad King, co-director of the Indiana Election Division, explained that under Indiana law, Wilhoite is allowed to run.

Indiana wants me, lord I can’t go back there
doosh

A woman is DEAD. Her husband tells the police, he hit her with a cement flower pot (blood in the bedroom and living room), dropped her dead body over the side of a bridge, and offered to take them to the body (where it was found at a nearby creek), and then he not only continues his run for low level public office in a town of 9,119 people and wins the primary as the GOP candidate.
I have made the point on here, that Character Counts. A normal person hearing this, walking into a voting booth in a small town where everybody knows people would have to think, "Nope. Can't vote for this guy with that hanging over his head as he is of dubious (to say the least) character and self control. Yet, the local GOP want him to represent them, I can only assume, because he was the GOP candidate. Character does not count with the GOP, even down at the lowest level, if they can secure a political position.
I do not foresee ever having to pass through there, as the only place I go in Indiana is to visit cousins (mostly for funerals) in Indianapolis. Just the same, I am glad Indiana reciprocally recognizes my carry permit, for self-protection from the locals

These are not well people. There are those here that will gladly vote for him.

Republicans nominate a candidate who is in jail charged with murder. What more can you say about the morality of the Republican or the lack of morality.

Clinton Township Board in Indiana?

With that said....from your link:

According to the Indy Star, it's legal in Indiana for people charged with a felony to run for local office but they are ineligible if convicted.
"Under our legal system, every person is innocent until proven guilty," Brad King, co-director of the Indiana Election Division, told the newspaper. "If a candidate is ultimately convicted, then depending upon the timing of that conviction, the person can be replaced on the ballot by the political party that has a vacancy."
Andrew, 40, received 60 votes (just over 21 percent), while his competitors received 110 and 106 votes. State officials told Indy Star that the township board consists of three members; the Republican primary only drew the three candidates, and nobody filed on the Democratic primary ticket.

He wasn't nominated....he just got the required number...over 20 percent, or 60 votes, to advance to be on the the docket....where he's running against others....

worth noting the Dems couldn't even find one person to run....sad....state of affairs that party is in in Clinton Township.

This post after Democrats nominated a national security threat who initiated the biggest political criminal scandal in US history followed by a compromised, treasonous sell-out who is completely dementia-ravaged....how pathetic and desperate.

Bwuhahahaha. :p
This post after Republicans nominated and voted twice for an avowed serial sexual assaulter.

Republicans nominate a candidate who is in jail charged with murder. What more can you say about the morality of the Republican or the lack of morality.

We can say you're a cockmudd, since you failed to mention Democracks are charged with murder and prosecuted.

It pays to study the bullshit posted by the lying lib media

Republicans did nominate the man in jail

He nominated himself and ran for one of three open seats where was only 3 candidates running

As such he got the fewest votes in the election and won by default

Forum List

Back