Republicans notably silent, split as Trump probe deepens

OP you act like Trump is the end-all for right-leaners when it could not be farther from the truth.....Many folks I know much prefer DeSantis.

I've said all along that I don't plan to vote for Trump in the primaries if DeSantis or another viable hopeful runs but I know a dem-fueled hatchet job on Trump when I see one.

All it does it increase my resolve to tote even more like-minded voters to the polls.....The dumb-shit dems gifted us a 45-day early voting period thinking they would never lose another election but we turned it against them....I plan to take full advantage of it like I did during our governor's race last year. ;)

JC are you dumb or what. You think they were just left on the floor you retarded idiot???

LOLOLOL.........We'll sort it out dingleberry
Not left on the floor. Layed out there for the photo. Found in the records room. Found in closets not in the records room. Found in Trump's personal unlocked desk drawers. Clearly not even secured and were supposedly all gone before being found there with the search warrant.

Not a crime, you dolt. The PRA is not a criminal statute.

I’m the only one of the two of us not being stupid.

Oh yes it does matter. If classified, you might have a hope of a point. Otherwise, none whatsoever. Don’t be so stupid.

No, he didn’t. Having them doesn’t mean it was illegal to take them.

According to you. But you’re wrong again.

Nope. None were still classified.

I’m just correcting your bullshit. Get over it. You must be used to having to constantly be corrected all the time, by now.
They are all still classified unless Joseph Biden (God's choice) declassified them.

According to the sworn statements from Trump's lawyers. They asserted on his behalf that all documents had been returned.

Where are you getting your information about this entire episode? Because you are completely uninformed.

How Odd..Oddball..that all you have is inane chatter..and not a cogent comment.

I have a comment, or maybe just an observation and question:

All I heard when Trump was in office was about his "mean tweets," yet, did Trump ever call millions of Americans fascists or Domestic Terrorists, or a Threat to Democracy?

And not just in a tweet, but on national TV?

Just wondering why it was enough to drive Trump out of office (mean tweets is the #1 reason given by lefties for voting out Trump), yet I've not yet heard one complaint from a democrat about, well, ANYTHING the stuttering thug in the WH says or has done!

They are all still classified unless Joseph Biden …. declassified them.

False. President Trump had already declassified them. Brandon, thankfully, had no say in the matter.
According to the sworn statements from Trump's lawyers. They asserted on his behalf that all documents had been returned.
Quote it. In context. With link. 😎
Where are you getting your information about this entire episode? Because you are completely uninformed.
No. I’m accurately informed. You remain clueless. Laws come with words that have meaning. You couldn’t possibly understand.

Zzz

Interesting..I really didn't think the kerfuffle was all that..but as new details come to light and as the DoJ takes aim at both Trump an his legal team--I begin to think that this may be a tipping point.

Pages from a Department of Justice court filing on Aug. 30, 2022, in response to a request from the legal team of former President Donald Trump for a special master to review the documents seized during the Aug. 8 search of Mar-a-Lago, are photographed early Wednesday, Aug. 31, 2022. Included in the filing was a FBI photo of documents that were seized during the search. (AP Photo/Jon Elswick)
© Provided by Associated Press Pages from a Department of Justice court filing on Aug. 30, 2022, in response to a request from the legal team of former President Donald Trump for a special master to review the documents seized during the Aug. 8 search of Mar-a-Lago, are photographed early Wednesday, Aug. 31, 2022. Included in the filing was a FBI photo of documents that were seized during the search. (AP Photo/Jon Elswick)

At first, Republicans were highly critical of the FBI search of Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago resort, but as new details emerge about the more than 100 classified documents the former president haphazardly stashed at his private club Republicans have grown notably silent.
The deepening investigation into Trump's handling of sensitive government information has disclosed damaging and unsettling new details. With every court filing there is new information about the cache of documents the former president took with him from the White House and the potential national security concerns. While the unprecedented search has galvanized many Republicans to Trump's defense, others in the party are unwilling to speak up, often wary of crossing him.
Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell declined to respond Wednesday when asked about the latest developments in the Justice Department's probe.
"I don't have any observations about that," McConnell told reporters in Kentucky.
The silence speaks volumes for a party whose president won the White House after rousing voters in rally chants of “Lock Her Up!” Trump pilloried Democratic opponent Hillary Clinton for using a personal email account and server during her time as Secretary of State. She quickly complied with investigators and was not charged.

The investigation also is posing a new test of Republican loyalty to Trump from lawmakers who are relying on him for their political livelihoods, particularly ahead of the midterm elections.
No need to make noise about something that makes even greater noise. But it's nice to know some liberals here on this board approve of government tactics not unlike what happened during Kristallnacht.

DoJ takes aim at both Trump an his legal team
MEH, the DOJ-FBI blew their case when they seized and read docs protected by attorney-client privilege. If they ever had a case, they don't have one anymore. More blatant incompetence by the democrats and the current regime. November can't come soon enough.

False. President Trump had already declassified them. Brandon, thankfully, had no say in the matter.

Quote it. In context. With link. 😎

No. I’m accurately informed. You remain clueless. Laws come with words that have meaning. You couldn’t possibly understand.

Zzz

If Trump had declassified them when he was president, then why were all the documents still marked as being classified? If Trump had actually declassified them, they would have had their markings changed from whatever classification they were to declassified. Sorry, but unless there was follow up and actual documentation of the classification of those documents being changed, all we have is Trump's word that he did so. But, we don't, and so the documents were still classified. Oh yeah, only a sitting president can declassify things, trying to do so after leaving the office isn't going to cut it.

If Trump had declassified them when he was president, then why were all the documents still marked as being classified?
Because their new status hasn’t taken place via marking.
If Trump had actually declassified them, they would have had their markings changed from whatever classification they were to declassified.

Nope. They were declassified but the markings hadn’t been changed yet.
Sorry, but unless there was follow up and actual documentation of the classification of those documents being changed, all we have is Trump's word that he did so.
Nope. We also have Patel’s. Perhaps others, too.
But, we don't, and so the documents were still classified.
Wrong. They were declassified.
Oh yeah, only a sitting president can declassify things,

No shit, Sherlock. Trump declassified them before Brandon’s term commenced.
trying to do so after leaving the office isn't going to cut it.
No kidding. But irrelevant.

Forum List

Back