Republicans notably silent, split as Trump probe deepens

Because their new status hasn’t taken place via marking.

Nope. They were declassified but the markings hadn’t been changed yet.

Nope. We also have Patel’s. Perhaps others, too.

Wrong. They were declassified.

No shit, Sherlock. Trump declassified them before Brandon’s term commenced.

No kidding. But irrelevant.

Sorry, but when something is declassified, there is a paper trail stating the date it was declassified. There is no paper trail, meaning that the documents were never declassified. Even if he'd taken the documents without the markings being changed, there would still be a file stating when it was declassified somewhere. But, there isn't.

Sorry, but when something is declassified, there is a paper trail stating the date it was declassified. There is no paper trail, meaning that the documents were never declassified.
Maybe usually. But when the President does it, it’s done.

So the lack of paper trail is beside the point.

Maybe usually. But when the President does it, it’s done.

So the lack of paper trail is beside the point.

No, the paper trail is kinda the point. If Trump said it was declassified, then EVERYONE had to know it was declassified, and a message would have been sent to every command and agency where the documents were also at telling everyone that the document was no longer classified. YES, there has to be a paper trail stating the date when it was declassified. Trump saying he did it while in office doesn't cut it. You've obviously never been around classified material if you think a paper trail for declassification isn't required.

No, the paper trail is kinda the point.

Nope. It of zero significance.
If Trump said it was declassified, then EVERYONE had to know it was declassified,
And yet, they didn’t even after he declassified the documents.
and a message would have been sent to every command and agency where the documents were also at telling everyone that the document was no longer classified.
Maybe that would have been proper procedure. But, the fact that it didn’t happen doesn’t change the fact that he declassified them.
YES, there has to be a paper trail stating the date when it was declassified.

Usually. And of course there should be. But if it isn’t done for whatever reason(s) the declassified documents are still declassified.
Trump saying he did it while in office doesn't cut it.
Yeas. It does.
You've obviously never been around classified material if you think a paper trail for declassification isn't required.
Normally it is. But that’s beside the point, here. The record of declassification may not have been completed, but the fact of declassification is what it is. Your dismay is noted.

Nope. It of zero significance.

And yet, they didn’t even after he declassified the documents.

Maybe that would have been proper procedure. But, the fact that it didn’t happen doesn’t change the fact that he declassified them.

Usually. And of course there should be. But if it isn’t done for whatever reason(s) the declassified documents are still declassified.

Yeas. It does.

Normally it is. But that’s beside the point, here. The record of declassification may not have been completed, but the fact of declassification is what it is. Your dismay is noted.

Like I said, Trump isn't holding the only copy of those classified documents, there are other agencies and military commands (depending on what was in the documents) that also have a copy. If it was truly declassified, there would have been a memo sent to all those places where there were other copies of the documents stating the change in their status. Like I said, just because Trump said he did it doesn't change their status without the memos changing the classification. You (and Trump) don't understand how classified material works. And the reason that those other places may not know it was declassified is because it never really was.

Like I said, Trump isn't holding the only copy of those classified documents, there are other agencies and military commands (depending on what was in the documents) that also have a copy. If it was truly declassified, there would have been a memo sent to all those places where there were other copies of the documents stating the change in their status. Like I said, just because Trump said he did it doesn't change their status without the memos changing the classification. You (and Trump) don't understand how classified material works. And the reason that those other places may not know it was declassified is because it never really was.
You’re just mindlessly repeating yourself. And you’re still wrong.

Last edited:
Interesting..I really didn't think the kerfuffle was all that..but as new details come to light and as the DoJ takes aim at both Trump an his legal team--I begin to think that this may be a tipping point.

Pages from a Department of Justice court filing on Aug. 30, 2022, in response to a request from the legal team of former President Donald Trump for a special master to review the documents seized during the Aug. 8 search of Mar-a-Lago, are photographed early Wednesday, Aug. 31, 2022. Included in the filing was a FBI photo of documents that were seized during the search. (AP Photo/Jon Elswick)
© Provided by Associated Press Pages from a Department of Justice court filing on Aug. 30, 2022, in response to a request from the legal team of former President Donald Trump for a special master to review the documents seized during the Aug. 8 search of Mar-a-Lago, are photographed early Wednesday, Aug. 31, 2022. Included in the filing was a FBI photo of documents that were seized during the search. (AP Photo/Jon Elswick)

At first, Republicans were highly critical of the FBI search of Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago resort, but as new details emerge about the more than 100 classified documents the former president haphazardly stashed at his private club Republicans have grown notably silent.
The deepening investigation into Trump's handling of sensitive government information has disclosed damaging and unsettling new details. With every court filing there is new information about the cache of documents the former president took with him from the White House and the potential national security concerns. While the unprecedented search has galvanized many Republicans to Trump's defense, others in the party are unwilling to speak up, often wary of crossing him.
Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell declined to respond Wednesday when asked about the latest developments in the Justice Department's probe.
"I don't have any observations about that," McConnell told reporters in Kentucky.
The silence speaks volumes for a party whose president won the White House after rousing voters in rally chants of “Lock Her Up!” Trump pilloried Democratic opponent Hillary Clinton for using a personal email account and server during her time as Secretary of State. She quickly complied with investigators and was not charged.

The investigation also is posing a new test of Republican loyalty to Trump from lawmakers who are relying on him for their political livelihoods, particularly ahead of the midterm elections.
It clearly establishes that the search of Trump property was appropriate, justified, and legal – the consequence of Trump’s ongoing refusal to return government documents.

No, I'm not wrong. I handled classified material all through my Navy career and I know how it works. But, if you can't accept it, that's on you.
I assumed you had. I don’t care. You ain’t the President. Your “expertise” is limited.

When the President says “I am declassifying” a document, it is declassified. End of story.

I assumed you had. I don’t care. You ain’t the President. Your “expertise” is limited.

When the President says “I am declassifying” a document, it is declassified. End of story.

You're half right. The president can declassify anything they want, any time they want while they are the sitting president. BUT, once they say something is declassified, their staff sends out a memo stating the change in status of the material. Trump isn't the only person holding that material, as there are copies of it at other places. Once the president says it's declassified, the other places need to know about the change in status, hence the memo and the paper trail that begins with the president. If Trump had actually declassified the material, there would be a memo somewhere stating the material that was declassified, as well as the date of the status change. If there is no memo, there is no record, and the material is still classified.

You're half right. The president can declassify anything they want, any time they want while they are the sitting president. BUT, once they say something is declassified, their staff sends out a memo stating the change in status of the material. Trump isn't the only person holding that material, as there are copies of it at other places. Once the president says it's declassified, the other places need to know about the change in status, hence the memo and the paper trail that begins with the president. If Trump had actually declassified the material, there would be a memo somewhere stating the material that was declassified, as well as the date of the status change. If there is no memo, there is no record, and the material is still classified.
I’m totally right. As Patel noted, I’d the staff failed to notify the others involved as to the fact of declassification, that’s a bad thing. But it doesn’t alter the fact of the declassification.

I’m totally right. As Patel noted, I’d the staff failed to notify the others involved as to the fact of declassification, that’s a bad thing. But it doesn’t alter the fact of the declassification.

Without having a declaration that it was declassified and on what date, as well as what material was declassified, it's still classified.

Without having a declaration that it was declassified and on what date, as well as what material was declassified, it's still classified.
You do not know if those records/receipts/notices do not exist.

You are assuming that since the Archives and DoJ have not proclaimed that the documents were on record for declassification that means that they do not have it.

It's been three weeks!!! They had a bunch of FBI lawyer fucks trying to piece together evidence of a crime.

There is none! It's been three weeks!

US4CC.meme.Good_Fellas - Trump_derangement.png

Last edited:
Interesting..I really didn't think the kerfuffle was all that..but as new details come to light and as the DoJ takes aim at both Trump an his legal team--I begin to think that this may be a tipping point.

Pages from a Department of Justice court filing on Aug. 30, 2022, in response to a request from the legal team of former President Donald Trump for a special master to review the documents seized during the Aug. 8 search of Mar-a-Lago, are photographed early Wednesday, Aug. 31, 2022. Included in the filing was a FBI photo of documents that were seized during the search. (AP Photo/Jon Elswick)
© Provided by Associated Press Pages from a Department of Justice court filing on Aug. 30, 2022, in response to a request from the legal team of former President Donald Trump for a special master to review the documents seized during the Aug. 8 search of Mar-a-Lago, are photographed early Wednesday, Aug. 31, 2022. Included in the filing was a FBI photo of documents that were seized during the search. (AP Photo/Jon Elswick)

At first, Republicans were highly critical of the FBI search of Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago resort, but as new details emerge about the more than 100 classified documents the former president haphazardly stashed at his private club Republicans have grown notably silent.
The deepening investigation into Trump's handling of sensitive government information has disclosed damaging and unsettling new details. With every court filing there is new information about the cache of documents the former president took with him from the White House and the potential national security concerns. While the unprecedented search has galvanized many Republicans to Trump's defense, others in the party are unwilling to speak up, often wary of crossing him.
Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell declined to respond Wednesday when asked about the latest developments in the Justice Department's probe.
"I don't have any observations about that," McConnell told reporters in Kentucky.
The silence speaks volumes for a party whose president won the White House after rousing voters in rally chants of “Lock Her Up!” Trump pilloried Democratic opponent Hillary Clinton for using a personal email account and server during her time as Secretary of State. She quickly complied with investigators and was not charged.

The investigation also is posing a new test of Republican loyalty to Trump from lawmakers who are relying on him for their political livelihoods, particularly ahead of the midterm elections.
You are nothing more than a little Eichmann

JC are you dumb or what. You think they were just left on the floor you retarded idiot???

LOLOLOL.........We'll sort it out dingleberry
Perhaps the FBI took a bunch of classified cover sheets and some printed sheets and threw them on the floor and took a picture.

Do you have enough intelligence to not see this entire probe is as fake and fascist as the USSR

Forum List

Back