Republicans Plan to Form Counter-Delegation at Climate Conference

Funny, you put up links to two skeptics who rely on interpreting data that comes from, you guessed it "NASA". I just go to NASA:

NASA - Satellites See a Double-Texas Sized Loss In Arctic Sea Ice

New NASA Satellite Survey Reveals Dramatic Arctic Sea Ice Thinning - NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory

It's easier that way.

Then, you put up a link that talks about "sensor drift" in one satellite. As if that is the only one they have. I love it.

One of the problems with the Republicans is they look at a picture and say, "See, there's ice". They don't bother that there may be visible ice but until you go there and measure it, you don't know the thickness. That's what scientist do. Skeptics just put links to other skeptics as "proof".
First of all, I'm not a republican.

Secondly, recent evidence strongly suggests that your "scientists" have been doing exactly the same thing you just accused me of.....Projection at its finest. :lol:

Thinning Arctic sea ice alarms experts | Environment | guardian.co.uk

Vicky Pope, head of climate change advice at the Meteorological Office, said a separate study had shown an increase in older, thicker ice in the Arctic last summer, and urged caution about warnings that the ice will disappear very quickly. "It's very likely the summer sea ice will disappear over the next 60 years, but precisely when I think is still an open question," she said.

Revealed: Antarctic ice growing, not shrinking « Watts Up With That?

ICE is expanding in much of Antarctica, contrary to the widespread public belief that global warming is melting the continental ice cap.

The results of ice-core drilling and sea ice monitoring indicate there is no large-scale melting of ice over most of Antarctica, although experts are concerned at ice losses on the continent’s western coast.
Antarctica has 90 per cent of the Earth’s ice and 80 per cent of its fresh water. Extensive melting of Antarctic ice sheets would be required to raise sea levels substantially, and ice is melting in parts of west Antarctica. The destabilisation of the Wilkins ice shelf generated international headlines this month.

However, the picture is very different in east Antarctica, which includes the territory claimed by Australia.

East Antarctica is four times the size of west Antarctica and parts of it are cooling. The Scientific Committee on Antarctic Research report prepared for last week’s meeting of Antarctic Treaty nations in Washington noted the South Pole had shown “significant cooling in recent decades”.

You were saying?

Forum List

Back