Republicans Plan to Obstruct the Constitution -- Again

After leaving a seat empty for a year because they "wanted the people to decide"
Right. Can't have a sitting president nominating someone for the SCOTUS while they are in the last year of their term
:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

I'd like to see how Republicans justify turning down a nomination after Hillary wins by a landslide
Now it will be, can't have a sitting president nominate anyone in their first term :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:
and finally Only the GOP is allowed to nominate Judges

WASHINGTON — Sen. John McCain pledged Monday that Republicans will unite against any Supreme Court nominee that Hillary Clinton puts forward if she becomes president, forecasting obstruction that could tie Capitol Hill in knots.

However an aide later clarified that McCain, R-Ariz., will examine the record of anyone nominated for the high court and vote for or against that person based on their qualifications.

McCain's initial comments came in an interview with Philadelphia talk radio host Dom Giordano to promote the candidacy of Sen. Pat Toomey, R-Pa.

"I promise you that we will be united against any Supreme Court nominee that Hillary Clinton, if she were president, would put up," McCain said. "I promise you. This is where we need the majority and Pat Toomey is probably as articulate and effective on the floor of the Senate as anyone I have encountered."

"This is the strongest argument I can make to return Pat Toomey, so we can make sure there are not three places on the United States Supreme Court that will change this country for decades," McCain said.

Yeah, right, nice attempt at a save by the aide. So the Republicans plan on another 4 years of do-nothing obstructionism if they don't get their way?
No one who values democracy or our form of government should vote for a single Republican in this election. Democrats will have no choice but to run the country if the Republicans refuse to participate.

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2016/10/17/us/politics/ap-us-mccain-supreme-court-.html

You are an idiot.
Why does someone doing their job as described by the Constitution scare you?
McCain is not talking specifically of a nominee he does not approve of. He is talking about four more years of partisan constipation in the law making body of our country. I don't approve.

Because you do not approve does not make it Unconstitutional... She has to offer a candidate worthy of passing the Senate and to claim that if they do not approve her candidate is unconstitutional is a stretch...

After leaving a seat empty for a year because they "wanted the people to decide"

I'd like to see how Republicans justify turning down a nomination after Hillary wins by a landslide

I see another one hasn't a clue to how this works.

We can include 54 Republican Senators who do not have a clue

Ah yes.....the world according RW: " Republicans should rubber stamp EVERYTHING my side wants."

Rubber stamp?

They wouldn't even give the guy a hearing

The seat's not empty. You need to read up on how many Supreme court justices are needed.
Crimine FDR wanted like about 15

Eight judges mean there is an empty seat

161018-supreme-hypocrisy_zpstixw8bpb.jpg

When We the People overwhelmingly select Hillary....how are Republicans going to ignore the will of the people after grandstanding for a year?
just like the democrats ignored the will of the people when the republicans too back congress.
or was that not a problem for you.
What nominee did the dems refuse to confirm ... since Bork?

Ah yes.....the world according RW: " Republicans should rubber stamp EVERYTHING my side wants."

Rubber stamp?

Until Bork they mostly followed a "President should always get his Judge" agreement.

Imo that was more or less lip service. The gop just wanted to make sure the dems didn't get 3 Justices with Obama and another 2 with Hillary.

Assuming Hillary wins, I think they'll confirm Garland with 90 or so votes. The gop also knows Ginsburg is looking to retire, which will give Hillary two nominees. I assume they will confirm Ginsburg's replacement so long as "she" doesn't advocate an extremist view of the constitution, as did Bork, and now Kagan certainly doesn't and neither really does Sontomayor.
I sure hope you're right. This partisan stuff has gone too far.

When We the People overwhelmingly select Hillary....how are Republicans going to ignore the will of the people after grandstanding for a year?
just like the democrats ignored the will of the people when the republicans too back congress.
or was that not a problem for you.
What nominee did the dems refuse to confirm ... since Bork?
How about all of the bills let sitting on Harry Reids desk that were never brought up in the senate.
Isnt that obstructing the will of the people?

If this is their position when HRC is elected she should just respond 'there will be a blanket veto on EVERY bill Congress sends to my desk to be signed until the proper Congress is elected and 'the people have had their say in a proper election'.

The time has come for the Democrats to cram this shit right back down the Republican's throats. The Republicans have decided the Constitution isn't valid anymore and they can ignore it.

Let's find out.

And another one that doesn't have a clue.

Funny, you have the intelligence of a cigarette butt but you see yourself as the judge of the universe. Martyr much?

That makes absolutely no sense. The FACT that you see advise and consent as obstructionism is evidence you have no clue.

Now, go back to sleep.

Rubber stamp?

Until Bork they mostly followed a "President should always get his Judge" agreement.
Well if Hillary nominates anyone who argues the constitution doesn't mean something most of us take for granted ... like if she nominated someone who said they'd repeal Heller because there's no individual right, then the gop should reject it.

But that hasn't happened and isn't going to.

WASHINGTON — Sen. John McCain pledged Monday that Republicans will unite against any Supreme Court nominee that Hillary Clinton puts forward if she becomes president, forecasting obstruction that could tie Capitol Hill in knots.

However an aide later clarified that McCain, R-Ariz., will examine the record of anyone nominated for the high court and vote for or against that person based on their qualifications.

McCain's initial comments came in an interview with Philadelphia talk radio host Dom Giordano to promote the candidacy of Sen. Pat Toomey, R-Pa.

"I promise you that we will be united against any Supreme Court nominee that Hillary Clinton, if she were president, would put up," McCain said. "I promise you. This is where we need the majority and Pat Toomey is probably as articulate and effective on the floor of the Senate as anyone I have encountered."

"This is the strongest argument I can make to return Pat Toomey, so we can make sure there are not three places on the United States Supreme Court that will change this country for decades," McCain said.

Yeah, right, nice attempt at a save by the aide. So the Republicans plan on another 4 years of do-nothing obstructionism if they don't get their way?
No one who values democracy or our form of government should vote for a single Republican in this election. Democrats will have no choice but to run the country if the Republicans refuse to participate.

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2016/10/17/us/politics/ap-us-mccain-supreme-court-.html

You are an idiot.
Why does someone doing their job as described by the Constitution scare you?
McCain is not talking specifically of a nominee he does not approve of. He is talking about four more years of partisan constipation in the law making body of our country. I don't approve.

We don't care whether or not you approve. Hillary will not nominate ANYONE a Conservative would ever approve of.
Then you have let the partisan blinkers restrict your vision and your perspective too much. Too much.

Can you explain how this is unconstitutional in YOUR OWN WORDS?

Rubber stamp?

Well if Hillary nominates anyone who argues the constitution doesn't mean something most of us take for granted ... like if she nominated someone who said they'd repeal Heller because there's no individual right, then the gop should reject it.

but the kenyan brought in people that found the ACA to be constitutional when in reality it was not.

The seat's not empty. You need to read up on how many Supreme court justices are needed.
Crimine FDR wanted like about 15

Eight judges mean there is an empty seat
----------------------------------------------------- no it doesn't , I think that you are just used to 9 as you look to get your way . Supreme court has operated with 5 in the past RWinger !!

They also don't see the fact that the whole reason Court appointments are becoming such an issue is that the Court is overstepping its bounds, legislating from the bench, not interpreting established law in light of the Constitution.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

Rubber stamp?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------:afro:--- yeah , sure !!

They also don't see the fact that the whole reason Court appointments are becoming such an issue is that the Court is overstepping its bounds, legislating from the bench, not interpreting established law in light of the Constitution.
That isn't happening. What's happening is congress had used it's power to enact laws that heretofore congress didn't touch. there's no actual constitutional crises that congress cannot levy taxes for healthcare. Presumbably you'd go back to Roe, but that's been done.

Rubber stamp?

Bork got a full hearing

Republicans have refused Garland even a phone call

Forum List

Back