Republicans Plan to Obstruct the Constitution -- Again

WASHINGTON — Sen. John McCain pledged Monday that Republicans will unite against any Supreme Court nominee that Hillary Clinton puts forward if she becomes president, forecasting obstruction that could tie Capitol Hill in knots.

However an aide later clarified that McCain, R-Ariz., will examine the record of anyone nominated for the high court and vote for or against that person based on their qualifications.

McCain's initial comments came in an interview with Philadelphia talk radio host Dom Giordano to promote the candidacy of Sen. Pat Toomey, R-Pa.

"I promise you that we will be united against any Supreme Court nominee that Hillary Clinton, if she were president, would put up," McCain said. "I promise you. This is where we need the majority and Pat Toomey is probably as articulate and effective on the floor of the Senate as anyone I have encountered."

"This is the strongest argument I can make to return Pat Toomey, so we can make sure there are not three places on the United States Supreme Court that will change this country for decades," McCain said.

Yeah, right, nice attempt at a save by the aide. So the Republicans plan on another 4 years of do-nothing obstructionism if they don't get their way?
No one who values democracy or our form of government should vote for a single Republican in this election. Democrats will have no choice but to run the country if the Republicans refuse to participate.

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2016/10/17/us/politics/ap-us-mccain-supreme-court-.html

You are an idiot.
Why does someone doing their job as described by the Constitution scare you?

Their job as Senators is to consent or NOT consent to Supreme Court nominees.

If this is their position when HRC is elected she should just respond 'there will be a blanket veto on EVERY bill Congress sends to my desk to be signed until the proper Congress is elected and 'the people have had their say in a proper election'.

The time has come for the Democrats to cram this shit right back down the Republican's throats. The Republicans have decided the Constitution isn't valid anymore and they can ignore it.

Let's find out.

She can shut down the government if she wants to pay the consequences.

Hillary actually said she is going to appoint political hacks to the SC. I hope to gawd they don't let any of her noms through. Not one.
You wouldn't happen to have a link to where she stated that "she is going to appoint political hacks to the SC", would you?

supreme court can and has operated with as few as 5 judges . Can probably operate with one judge and the choice is up to congress OldLady !!
Good point. Let another one die or retire and the court will be balanced with an odd number.

WASHINGTON — Sen. John McCain pledged Monday that Republicans will unite against any Supreme Court nominee that Hillary Clinton puts forward if she becomes president, forecasting obstruction that could tie Capitol Hill in knots.

However an aide later clarified that McCain, R-Ariz., will examine the record of anyone nominated for the high court and vote for or against that person based on their qualifications.

McCain's initial comments came in an interview with Philadelphia talk radio host Dom Giordano to promote the candidacy of Sen. Pat Toomey, R-Pa.

"I promise you that we will be united against any Supreme Court nominee that Hillary Clinton, if she were president, would put up," McCain said. "I promise you. This is where we need the majority and Pat Toomey is probably as articulate and effective on the floor of the Senate as anyone I have encountered."

"This is the strongest argument I can make to return Pat Toomey, so we can make sure there are not three places on the United States Supreme Court that will change this country for decades," McCain said.

Yeah, right, nice attempt at a save by the aide. So the Republicans plan on another 4 years of do-nothing obstructionism if they don't get their way?
No one who values democracy or our form of government should vote for a single Republican in this election. Democrats will have no choice but to run the country if the Republicans refuse to participate.

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2016/10/17/us/politics/ap-us-mccain-supreme-court-.html

You are an idiot.
McCain is not talking specifically of a nominee he does not approve of. He is talking about four more years of partisan constipation in the law making body of our country. I don't approve.

You are an idiot.

Their job as Senators is to consent or NOT consent to Supreme Court nominees.

Tell it to the Left old boy, I already know what their "job" is.

After leaving a seat empty for a year because they "wanted the people to decide"

I'd like to see how Republicans justify turning down a nomination after Hillary wins by a landslide
The seat's not empty. You need to read up on how many Supreme court justices are needed.
Crimine FDR wanted like about 15

If this is their position when HRC is elected she should just respond 'there will be a blanket veto on EVERY bill Congress sends to my desk to be signed until the proper Congress is elected and 'the people have had their say in a proper election'.

The time has come for the Democrats to cram this shit right back down the Republican's throats. The Republicans have decided the Constitution isn't valid anymore and they can ignore it.

Let's find out.
Two wrongs don't make a right. This ship has to be put back on track. Retribution would feel good for a minute, but this is more important.

Let's find out.

It will be blamed on the GOP as it always is. Next.

And the Democrats, if Trump is somehow elected, should not allow a vote on anyone he nominates. Playtime has to end, Republicans are not free to hold the will of the American people hostage any longer.

You are an idiot.
McCain is not talking specifically of a nominee he does not approve of. He is talking about four more years of partisan constipation in the law making body of our country. I don't approve.

We don't care whether or not you approve. Hillary will not nominate ANYONE a Conservative would ever approve of.

You are an idiot.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- juan McCain is 'fos' , you have nothing to be concerned about OldLady .

Let's find out.

And another one that doesn't have a clue.

Let's find out.

It will be blamed on the GOP as it always is. Next.

And the Democrats, if Trump is somehow elected, should not allow a vote on anyone he nominates. Playtime has to end, Republicans are not free to hold the will of the American people hostage any longer.

Harry Reid held the Republicans hostage with the filibuster for YEARS. You forgot didn't you.

Let's find out.

And another one that doesn't have a clue.

Funny, you have the intelligence of a cigarette butt but you see yourself as the judge of the universe. Martyr much?

After leaving a seat empty for a year because they "wanted the people to decide"
Right. Can't have a sitting president nominating someone for the SCOTUS while they are in the last year of their term
:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

I'd like to see how Republicans justify turning down a nomination after Hillary wins by a landslide
Now it will be, can't have a sitting president nominate anyone in their first term :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Two wrongs don't make a right. This ship has to be put back on track. Retribution would feel good for a minute, but this is more important.
Agreed on all three points. What is your proposal? Ban guns? "Free" college and healthcare for all who ask? While the Republicans have certainly become partisan to the point of imploding over the past 36 years, the Democrats aren't too far behind them. Neither party represents the interests of over 40% of American voters, which is why the ranks of the Independents are larger than either the Democratic or Republican base.

Saying "We need common sense rules" is nice, but actually writing legislation with those "common sense rules" gets into a lot of different issues. Most of which are authoritarian in nature. I don't give a shit if it's for their own good or not, banning 36 oz sugar drinks is not a function of government.

Let's find out.

Sorry it's time to put and end to this endless childish Republican bullshit. Brute force is sometimes warranted.

161018-supreme-hypocrisy_zpstixw8bpb.jpg

When We the People overwhelmingly select Hillary....how are Republicans going to ignore the will of the people after grandstanding for a year?
just like the democrats ignored the will of the people when the republicans too back congress.
or was that not a problem for you.

supreme court can and has operated with as few as 5 judges . Can probably operate with one judge and the choice is up to congress OldLady !!
Good point. Let another one die or retire and the court will be balanced with an odd number.

Preferably ole "Ruth is fall asleep on my job" Ginsberg

Let's find out.

Sorry it's time to put and end to this endless childish Republican bullshit. Brute force is sometimes warranted.

We're waiting son.

Forum List

Back