Republicans - Rich vs. Rubes

Uh no. People turned on him because the media had already begun its shift to the far left. It was preparing itself for the inevitable coming of a liberal president. Far left, as it now stands today SURPRISE! You were one of those folks who were no doubt suckered into this feeding frenzy.

As for the wars you used to be for, John Kerry was for the war before he was against it. Remember that?

Kerry's Top Ten Flip-Flops - CBS News

You might have a point if the Republicans hadn't lost the popular vote in every Presidential election since 1992 except one.

A Rich Issue is one where only the 1% really benefits, the rest of us are left holding the bag, but the GOP will act on these things like they are top priorities and their mouthpieces on Hate Radio and Faux News will spend a lot of time convincing you that you have a stake at the table.

Examples- Tax Cuts for Rich People. Free Trade. Right to Work. At Will Employment.

1. By simple arithmetic, the more money you earn, the bigger the cut you will get. Affirmatively, you can only give tax cuts to the rich or individuals who actually make enough money. You really cannot give the poor a big enough tax cut because they simply do not make enough, and instead you'll just be giving the money in the form of a tax credit (which many of the bottom 20 percent already receive).

2. How exactly have only the rich benefited from Free Trade? When an individual can afford something which only the wealthy could be able to afford at some point in time, that is a product of Free Trade. It's treating foreign goods and services, no differently than any other good or services. It reduces the cost of living all across the board and this is something we should not want to discourage.

3. All Right to Work means is that individuals can join the union if they choose to. That's it. All union advocates ever claim is that workers are exploited without unions. If said person chooses not to join a union, said person will miss out. It's plain and simple. There is no greater tyranny than to force someone to do what he or she does not want, even if you believe it is good for that person.

4. One of the greatest problems Europe (especially Countries like France, Spain and Italy) is facing is high unemployment. This is due to their guarantee employment protection. In these countries, it is virtually impossible to fire someone once you have hired them. You'd probably have to do nothing short of kill someone to lose your job. In addition to this, you have 2 years severance pay and very lucrative benefits. This makes it more difficult for employers to take on a new employee, as there is no guarantee that the new employee will actually be good at the job. Employers just don't want to take on the risk of hiring someone who is simply going to cost the business money. This also leads to a lot of temporary employment in the region.

It's easy to simply say how things benefit only one group of people, without actually thinking it through. Economics is more complex and just a black and white picture.

Does that hurt? You know, confusing your opinions with facts?

Does it hurt that the country doesn't share your insane hate?

Hate? I don't hate anyone.....I hate mustard, does that count?

1) State vs. National. Distinction without a difference. Major difference........

2) Republicans were intentionally obstructionist, not that they actually had a point. Obama's mistake was not rolling over them instead of making every concession to try to get one or two moderates to sign on. Fact is that the Democrats had to make backdoor and closed door bribes to their own Party members to get the votes they wanted

3) Most Americans realize Bush fucked this country for a generation. At least ones with brains. You're excused from that, I guess. And just how is that? Spending? Obama has passed his ass up and has 3+years to go....And at least I have the Brains to admit that Bush screwed up by his occupation and spending. You refuse the truth about your hero.

1) What 'major" difference. State and Federal Plans are the same thing- ADMITTING HEALTH CARE IS A RIGHT. Not "You only get health care as long as someone makes a profit off of you." Why this horrifies some of you, I have no idea. I used to think it was just selfishness, but I think it's more than that. When the Paulbot yelled "LET HIM DIE" and no one booed him or corrected him, I think it shows what is wrong with the modern GOP.

2) Yawn. Most government is done in backroom deals. Get real. I'm wondering why you don't have this much outrage over how much military procurement is done this way.

3) Spending isn't the problem. It's the lack of taxing the wealthy at an appropriate rate that's the problem.

Now, Conservatards used to actually try to claim that tax cuts for the rich caused economic growth, but when Supply Side was thoroughly debunked, the argument is that they somehow "Deserve" to only pay 11% on money hidden in the Caymans.

A Rich Issue is one where only the 1% really benefits, the rest of us are left holding the bag, but the GOP will act on these things like they are top priorities and their mouthpieces on Hate Radio and Faux News will spend a lot of time convincing you that you have a stake at the table.

Examples- Tax Cuts for Rich People. Free Trade. Right to Work. At Will Employment.

1. By simple arithmetic, the more money you earn, the bigger the cut you will get. Affirmatively, you can only give tax cuts to the rich or individuals who actually make enough money. You really cannot give the poor a big enough tax cut because they simply do not make enough, and instead you'll just be giving the money in the form of a tax credit (which many of the bottom 20 percent already receive).

Again, why is it "conservatards" try to act like the Income Tax is the only tax out there. The poor are paying plenty in sales taxes, sin taxes, property taxes, medicare, social security, etc.

Simple arithmatic- YOU DON'T GIVE RICH ASSHOLES TAX CUTS. If you are going to cut taxes to spur economic activity (which never really works, anyway), you say, "Hey, if you are making 250K, you have PLENTY of money. You don't need a tax cut."

[

2. How exactly have only the rich benefited from Free Trade? When an individual can afford something which only the wealthy could be able to afford at some point in time, that is a product of Free Trade. It's treating foreign goods and services, no differently than any other good or services. It reduces the cost of living all across the board and this is something we should not want to discourage.

Are you some kind of high-functioning retard. If you take a job being done by an American for a fair wage, and give it to a Chinese babe living 120 to a dormatory with only one bathroom (Mitt Romney thought this was just wonderful!) of course the rich benefit. Free trade has been about breaking the American Working class just as much as any business consideration.

3. All Right to Work means is that individuals can join the union if they choose to. That's it. All union advocates ever claim is that workers are exploited without unions. If said person chooses not to join a union, said person will miss out. It's plain and simple. There is no greater tyranny than to force someone to do what he or she does not want, even if you believe it is good for that person.

Except it doesn't work that way... ever. What usually happens is that as a larger percentage ofa shop is non-union, the ability of the union to negotiate issues with management decreases. Now the dumb-slack jawed idiot Rube might think he's getting over because he gets all the benefits of union membership without paying for it, but it usually ends up that all those goodies go out the door with the union.

4. One of the greatest problems Europe (especially Countries like France, Spain and Italy) is facing is high unemployment. This is due to their guarantee employment protection. In these countries, it is virtually impossible to fire someone once you have hired them. You'd probably have to do nothing short of kill someone to lose your job. In addition to this, you have 2 years severance pay and very lucrative benefits. This makes it more difficult for employers to take on a new employee, as there is no guarantee that the new employee will actually be good at the job. Employers just don't want to take on the risk of hiring someone who is simply going to cost the business money. This also leads to a lot of temporary employment in the region.

It's easy to simply say how things benefit only one group of people, without actually thinking it through. Economics is more complex and just a black and white picture.

"Waaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh, I don't want to hire people if I can't abuse them". Seriously, do you Rubes hear yourselves sometimes?

All partisans who are not DIRECT BENEFICARIES of the POLS PORK are basically dupes.

Yeah that's right...I'm talking to most of the players here.

Does it hurt that the country doesn't share your insane hate?

1) State vs. National. Distinction without a difference. Major difference........

2) Republicans were intentionally obstructionist, not that they actually had a point. Obama's mistake was not rolling over them instead of making every concession to try to get one or two moderates to sign on. Fact is that the Democrats had to make backdoor and closed door bribes to their own Party members to get the votes they wanted

3) Most Americans realize Bush fucked this country for a generation. At least ones with brains. You're excused from that, I guess. And just how is that? Spending? Obama has passed his ass up and has 3+years to go....And at least I have the Brains to admit that Bush screwed up by his occupation and spending. You refuse the truth about your hero.

1) What 'major" difference. State and Federal Plans are the same thing- ADMITTING HEALTH CARE IS A RIGHT. Not "You only get health care as long as someone makes a profit off of you." Why this horrifies some of you, I have no idea. I used to think it was just selfishness, but I think it's more than that. When the Paulbot yelled "LET HIM DIE" and no one booed him or corrected him, I think it shows what is wrong with the modern GOP.

2) Yawn. Most government is done in backroom deals. Get real. I'm wondering why you don't have this much outrage over how much military procurement is done this way.

3) Spending isn't the problem. It's the lack of taxing the wealthy at an appropriate rate that's the problem.

Now, Conservatards used to actually try to claim that tax cuts for the rich caused economic growth, but when Supply Side was thoroughly debunked, the argument is that they somehow "Deserve" to only pay 11% on money hidden in the Caymans.

Gee I wonder why such a far left leaning state like NY is offering tax cuts and tax free zones for businesses? Maybe because it's a good thing?

State of New York TV Commercial, 'The new New York State' - iSpot.tv

Uh no. People turned on him because the media had already begun its shift to the far left. It was preparing itself for the inevitable coming of a liberal president. Far left, as it now stands today SURPRISE! You were one of those folks who were no doubt suckered into this feeding frenzy.

As for the wars you used to be for, John Kerry was for the war before he was against it. Remember that?

You might have a point if the Republicans hadn't lost the popular vote in every Presidential election since 1992 except one.

Clinton never won the popular vote, turd.

Again, why is it "conservatards" try to act like the Income Tax is the only tax out there.

Sad attempt to label is sad. Never a shortage of partisan hacks quick to label someone a liberal or conservative on this forum instead of using their brains for once. As if liberal/conservative are the only political alignments in his world.

The poor are paying plenty in sales taxes, sin taxes, property taxes, medicare, social security, etc.

Sales taxes are universal, so that point is moot. If you don't like the sin tax, don't smoke two packs a day or don't gamble your hard earned money away. If the burden of being a property owner is too overbearing, rent. Medicare and Social Security are the safety nets the poor relies on the most. If paying for these things bothers you, save for your own retirement and buy your own health insurance.

Simple arithmatic- YOU DON'T GIVE RICH ASSHOLES TAX CUTS. If you are going to cut taxes to spur economic activity (which never really works, anyway), you say, "Hey, if you are making 250K, you have PLENTY of money. You don't need a tax cut."

C + I + G + NX = GDP. If any of these 'rich assholes' use their tax cuts and saves their money, that adds to the investment side of GDP. This grows the economy and spurs economic activity. Why does this spur economic activity? Well, because ignorant poor jerks like you can use that money in the form of a loan from the bank, or student loan for school, or start up capital for your small business, or a mortgage for your new home so you can pay those property taxes you seem to be gripping about, mate.

If these 'rich assholes' have to reallocate these resources in the form of tax revenue to the Government, this means that there is less economic activity for everyone. Do you know what this is called? It's called, "Crowding Out." Look it up.

Are you some kind of high-functioning retard. If you take a job being done by an American for a fair wage, and give it to a Chinese babe living 120 to a dormatory with only one bathroom (Mitt Romney thought this was just wonderful!) of course the rich benefit. Free trade has been about breaking the American Working class just as much as any business consideration.

I never said the rich didn't benefit. I asked you, "how exactly does it only the rich benefit?" You can at least give yourself some sort of basic reading comprehension before you insult me. And you have totally ignored my point: If someone has lower cost of living due to Free Trade, how is this a bad thing? If you have more resources available to purchase goods from another country and other things as well, why should this be discouraged?

Except it doesn't work that way... ever. What usually happens is that as a larger percentage ofa shop is non-union, the ability of the union to negotiate issues with management decreases. Now the dumb-slack jawed idiot Rube might think he's getting over because he gets all the benefits of union membership without paying for it, but it usually ends up that all those goodies go out the door with the union.

Who's fault is that? That is no one's fault but the union's. I am not part of a union. I am just me, but I negotiate with my boss all the time for the terms of my employment. Business is not a one way street. If the union wants to negotiate, they can. Nothing is stopping them. You seem to believe a union should be entitled to whatever, no questions ask. That's not how business (nor the world) works.

"Waaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh, I don't want to hire people if I can't abuse them". Seriously, do you Rubes hear yourselves sometimes?

Who said anything about abusing your employees? I haven't. Or maybe this sad strawman is just your pathetic attempt to hide the fact that you can't rebut anything I have said. You seem to believe that once someone becomes an employer, all of their rights should be thrown out of the window. That's not how business works nor is it how employment works.

If you want a job, you better be ready to provide your qualifications. If you want a raise, you better be able to present why you've earned it. If want lucrative benefits, you better be willing to show why you are worth the risk and resources. You don't seem to understand what employment is, so I'll break it down for you:

"An business opportunity in which two or more parties seek to make themselves better off."

Employment is not an entitlement. Never has been. Never will be.

Last edited:
Oooookay, if you want to tell yourself that.

We haven't declared a war since 1941.

Campbell vs. Clinton DOES count.

I also find it amusing that when Reagan was bombing Qadafi, often against the advice of our allies or asking Congress, folks on the right were all for it.

But the minute the Black Guy does it.

"The darkies put him in office" you said. Yes yes of course. The black guy does it.

Declared war on Korea, Vietnam, Grenada, Bosnia and Kosovo, Iran and Afghanistan, Libya, Sudan, Yemen.. just to name a few.

no, we didn't declare war on ANY of those places. That's the point.

The problem with you guys is 90% of what drives you nuts about Obama is that he's black.

If you were properly educated, you would know that the UN Charter forbids one nation declaring war on another. It does not forbid self defense against a nation who is attacking you. Consequently, we no longer declare war, we put out joint resolutions citing the reasons for taking military action against an opposing military force. War by any other name is still war, and our Constitution requires congressional consent for the president to take us to war.

The President has the power, as Commander in Chief, to protect American forces when they come under attack. The war powers act limits the time that the President has to use his power to defend Americans.

Gee I wonder why such a far left leaning state like NY is offering tax cuts and tax free zones for businesses? Maybe because it's a good thing?

url]

Why are you changing the subject?

Oooookay, if you want to tell yourself that.

We haven't declared a war since 1941.

Campbell vs. Clinton DOES count.

I also find it amusing that when Reagan was bombing Qadafi, often against the advice of our allies or asking Congress, folks on the right were all for it.

But the minute the Black Guy does it.

"The darkies put him in office" you said. Yes yes of course. The black guy does it.

Declared war on Korea, Vietnam, Grenada, Bosnia and Kosovo, Iran and Afghanistan, Libya, Sudan, Yemen.. just to name a few.

no, we didn't declare war on ANY of those places. That's the point.

The problem with you guys is 90% of what drives you nuts about Obama is that he's black.

I can include Japan, Germany and Italy. A history lesson:

Declaration of war by the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And that's bullshit, Joe. You're out of material.

Hey, I'm not racist, I think Joe Biden is an idiot too!

Clinton received a higher share of the popular vote than anyone else in either of this two elections. Neither Bush nor Dole garnered as much of the vote as Clinton.

Are you this retarded in real life?

url]

Um, that's not changing the subject one bit, you just made the claim that under-taxing was the problem. The Democrats in NY State don't seem to agree with you...

url]

Um, that's not changing the subject one bit, you just made the claim that under-taxing was the problem. The Democrats in NY State don't seem to agree with you...

Ummm...no, not really. We were talking about FEDERAL taxation of the wealthy, not a targeted tax break to business.

So you're conceding the other points you didn't bother to answer, because, honestly, my time is short.

Didn't you say there was no difference between the state and Federal? I'm almost certain you made that point.
Well here you have a Democrat controlled State giving tax cuts to the wealthy, but you still want to claim it doesn't work and never has....

Sorry you can't have it both ways.....

Your time isn't short, you got caught is all..........

My time is short tonight, but I've got months and months and years and years afterwards......

Clinton received a higher share of the popular vote than anyone else in either of this two elections. Neither Bush nor Dole garnered as much of the vote as Clinton.

Clinton won a plurality on both cases. The conservative vote was split among two other candidates. Clinton never got a majority of the popular vote.

Didn't you say there was no difference between the state and Federal? I'm almost certain you made that point.
Well here you have a Democrat controlled State giving tax cuts to the wealthy, but you still want to claim it doesn't work and never has....

Sorry you can't have it both ways.....

Your time isn't short, you got caught is all..........

My time is short tonight, but I've got months and months and years and years afterwards......

Actually, it does make a difference, since Taxes in New York have NO EFFECT on the federal deficit, which is what we were talking about, weren't we?

You know, Obama is a "failure" because he ran up debt or something, most of which was committed to because of Reagan and Bush's tax cuts for wealthy assholes?

Clinton won a plurality on both cases. The conservative vote was split among two other candidates. Clinton never got a majority of the popular vote.

You work under the fallacy that Perot's supporters would have voted for Dole or Bush-41.

Frankly, most of the Perot supporters I knew, Clinton was their second choice.

Forum List

Back