Republicans - Rich vs. Rubes

Radical democrats still see the world in black and white, haves and have nots and rich and rubes. Just because they take advantage of the freedom and incredible wealth of the greatest Country in the world it doesn't mean they can't hate it.

Nothing about hate.. this is a great country.

It used to be a better one. Like when I was growing up, and guys like my dad could bring home good wages because they had a solid union makign sure they got a fair deal.

That was before unions shifted from direct union/management negotiations and became primarily political agencies colluding with the Democrat party for the benefit of politicians and union leaders. Workers have become nothing more than a source of revenue for that endeavor.

[

It used to be a better one. Like when I was growing up, and guys like my dad could bring home good wages because they had a solid union makign sure they got a fair deal.

WAit??????????? you're a republican and from a union household? How did that happen?

I know, it's crazy, but once upon a time, the GOP was not about fucking over working people.

You see, when they had people like Eisenhower and Nixon and Ford and, yes even Reagan (who was in fact a Union President), they understood working folks and their needs and that they needed strong unions to protect them from abuses.

My late father thought Nixon was a great guy. ("He really did what they all did, he just got caught.") And Nixon created OSHA and the EPA. You know, agencies the GOP Hates today with a passion.

Radical democrats still see the world in black and white, haves and have nots and rich and rubes. Just because they take advantage of the freedom and incredible wealth of the greatest Country in the world it doesn't mean they can't hate it.

WAit??????????? you're a republican and from a union household? How did that happen?

Because it used to be a lot of union voters actually liked Republicans when they weren't actively trying to kill their unions.

[

I know, it's crazy, but once upon a time, the GOP was not about fucking over working people.

You see, when they had people like Eisenhower and Nixon and Ford and, yes even Reagan (who was in fact a Union President), they understood working folks and their needs and that they needed strong unions to protect them from abuses.

My late father thought Nixon was a great guy. ("He really did what they all did, he just got caught.") And Nixon created OSHA and the EPA. You know, agencies the GOP Hates today with a passion.

Fucking over working people, huh? So why does Obamacare impose taxes on medical tech companies? That was responsible for hundreds of people losing their jobs. Sure keep thinking that, Joe.

Because it used to be a lot of union voters actually liked Republicans when they weren't actively trying to kill their unions.

oh boy, when they weren't trying to kill them..can you get any more dramatic...the Unions are KILLING THEMSELVES..

Joe ain't no republican, and he's never been a Republican.

I was until the religious whackadoodles and corporate bloodsuckers took it over.

Now it's just too crazy for me.

My Father was always anti-Union and Republican...

He believed in a man earning what he was worth and taking care of his family.

That is exactly what unions stand for, dipshit.

Unions just make sure that working folks get a fair shake.

Before unions, we had this shit.

child_labor.jpg

Get to work, you little slacker. My mansion isn't going to build itself.

child_labor.jpg

You had shit because America was a developing nation. All developing nations have child labour. Child labour is a product of low productivity.

Last edited:
My Father was always anti-Union and Republican...

He believed in a man earning what he was worth and taking care of his family.

child_labor.jpg

The big Union did some good things for people whether they were Union or not. It is true that even though they were crooked as hell and basically run along the lines of the mob they did do a lot of good. But there are only so many raises you can give to a guy who can do little more than sweep the floor, and only so many times you can prevent an employer from firing some lazy ass.... Why does milk cost $3.79 a gallon (or more) Look at your unions. Why does a new car cost as much as some houses? Look at your unions.....
The day of the big Union should be over.....I'll take the pay that I'm worth, I don't need someone to speak for me. I started with a company as a part time estimator paid by commission. I averaged $250 a week for about 20 hours. within 6 months I was making about 3 times that as a salaried General manager. No union to hold me back and promote some lazy ass ahead of me....

[

The big Union did some good things for people whether they were Union or not. It is true that even though they were crooked as hell and basically run along the lines of the mob they did do a lot of good. But there are only so many raises you can give to a guy who can do little more than sweep the floor, and only so many times you can prevent an employer from firing some lazy ass.... Why does milk cost $3.79 a gallon (or more) Look at your unions. Why does a new car cost as much as some houses? Look at your unions.....
The day of the big Union should be over.....I'll take the pay that I'm worth, I don't need someone to speak for me. I started with a company as a part time estimator paid by commission. I averaged $250 a week for about 20 hours. within 6 months I was making about 3 times that as a salaried General manager. No union to hold me back and promote some lazy ass ahead of me....

Besides your profound ignorance. (You realize that milk costs 3.79 a gallon because the government buys up a lot of dairy product to keep the costs up, right?)

I also wonder why you think that jobs you would never want to do because you are "Special" should be punished with low wages.

Frankly, the guy who sweeps the floors has more to do with my quality of life than some "estimator", whatever that is.

[

Besides your profound ignorance. (You realize that milk costs 3.79 a gallon because the government buys up a lot of dairy product to keep the costs up, right?)

I also wonder why you think that jobs you would never want to do because you are "Special" should be punished with low wages.

Frankly, the guy who sweeps the floors has more to do with my quality of life than some "estimator", whatever that is.

I've had my time sweeping floors too.........You want to improve your quality of life? Why rely on someone else to do it? I am now retired If i want more i'd go out and find some part time job, But i have all my needs met, Why? Because I worked for what I have without ever joining some union.......

No, Child Labor is the result of the greed of the wealthy.

That's your opinion. The reality is not so simple to those in developing nations. Children in these countries work because the country was so unproductive that the children have to. If they didn't, families would starve to death. Low productivity brings low wages. First world nations don't have child labour (except for Hong Kong), because the parents can make enough to support their children. Hell, there are even mothers who raise their children on their own these days. This could never be accomplished in a low productive nation which are in the mist of developing.

After all, what are the alternatives? Prostitution, robbery, crime, drugs? Where does your greed scenario fit into this?

The thing I've noticed in my 12 step recovery from being a Republican is that the GOP, since 1980 at least, has divided itself into Rich Issues vs. Rube Issues.

And it's really easy to tell them apart.

A Rich Issue is one where only the 1% really benefits, the rest of us are left holding the bag, but the GOP will act on these things like they are top priorities and their mouthpieces on Hate Radio and Faux News will spend a lot of time convincing you that you have a stake at the table.

Examples- Tax Cuts for Rich People. Free Trade. Right to Work. At Will Employment.

A Rube issue is one that people get emotionally invested in, but the GOP isn't really the least bit interested in changing things on them. Instead, these are issues that are meant to keep you truly upset about something and voting against your own economic issues, and they are never mentioned again until the next election-

Examples - Abortion. Gay Marriage. Creationism. Prayer in Schools. The needle hasn't moved one inch on most of these issues, or if it has moved (as in the case of gay marriage) its been in the opposite of the desired direction.

There are some cavaets, of course. Guns might seem on the surface to be a "Rube" issue, but it's really a "rich" issue. It's about the gun companies being able to sell to someone like Nancy Lanza, and screw the consequences. There wouldn't be as big a market for the rich to make money off the guns if the rubes weren't kept really scared all the time, so you have to make it easy for crooks to get guns.

Immigration is another one. ON the surface, you keep the rubes angry about "those people" wanting to take their jobs, but the Rich are the ones offering the jobs to "those people". Not just the 20 or so illegals who are already here, but the 1.25 million "legal" immigrants who get entry visas from employers because they claim up and down they can't find a qualified American. No, really.

When I stopped being a Republican is when I realized I had nothing in common with the "rich" and refused to be a "Rube".

This is among the strongest, most articulate posts in my time here. It is pitch perfect in its clarity and its open honesty.

Thank you.

That's your opinion. The reality is not so simple to those in developing nations. Children in these countries work because the country was so unproductive that the children have to. If they didn't, families would starve to death. Low productivity brings low wages. First world nations don't have child labour (except for Hong Kong), because the parents can make enough to support their children. Hell, there are even mothers who raise their children on their own these days. This could never be accomplished in a low productive nation which are in the mist of developing.

After all, what are the alternatives? Prostitution, robbery, crime, drugs? Where does your greed scenario fit into this?

I worked all the way through HS.....And for 2 years of that I was employed by the city.......

First world countries don't have c hild labor because the plutocrats have moved all the manufacturing jobs to the third world. Because it's vastly more important that the wealthy have dressage horses than working folks have medical coverage for their families.

Gotta have your priorities in this country, right?

Forum List

Back