🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Republicans Scared of Cecile Richards

the easiest way out of this whole thing that would stop the taxpayer funding and allow PP to continue murdering the young would be for them simply use their right as a non-profit and fund themselves through private donations given by people that want to see them continue their shady work.
If the support for them is as real as I am to believe from reading on here, they should end up with more money than the U.S government ever sent them.

The U.S. government doesn't send them money. Or, at least very little. Most of the government money they get are from individual medicaid payments for non-abortion services.
then I suppose they have to learn to compromise and either get rid of abortion or the taxpayers money

The compromise is that federal dollars cannot pay for abortions.

I'm asking you. If PP cannot accept medicaid as payment for women's health services then you have to treat other businesses equally, correct? Do you think it would be a good idea if your local hospital is banned from accepting poor people because they are not allowed to accept their insurance?
You are saying that not me. You are mischaracterizing what I have written. Put that federal money out there with guidelines, and I am sure that women will be treated well.

Ok, what federal money are you talking about?

It kind of sounds to me like you want to some how create rules that would not allow PP to accept Medicaid, am I missing something? I'd like to know what you mean.
You cut off my edit above. Read it and answer.

The important point I missed is that I should sue if I don't like your vague solution that doesn't answer my question?

Let's make it simple. If a rural hospital performs abortions, let's say it's 3% of their business then should they be barred from accepting medicaid for all their other services?
It's simple. Your questions are useless. I don't think federal money should be used for abortions. I won't argue with you. You are responsible for finding those doctors who will give you the medical procedures you want.

Nobody is saying federal money is used for abortions. We're talking about non-abortion services. I'm not so sure you understand how the federal government pays PP and for what.

Come on man, you're one of the cool conservatives.

You are saying that not me. You are mischaracterizing what I have written. Put that federal money out there with guidelines, and I am sure that women will be treated well.

It kind of sounds to me like you want to some how create rules that would not allow PP to accept Medicaid, am I missing something? I'd like to know what you mean.

The important point I missed is that I should sue if I don't like your vague solution that doesn't answer my question?

Let's make it simple. If a rural hospital performs abortions, let's say it's 3% of their business then should they be barred from accepting medicaid for all their other services?
It's simple. Your questions are useless. I don't think federal money should be used for abortions. I won't argue with you. You are responsible for finding those doctors who will give you the medical procedures you want.

Nobody is saying federal money is used for abortions. We're talking about non-abortion services. I'm not so sure you understand how the federal government pays PP and for what.

I understand clearly how it is done and won't argue with you.

I understand clearly how it is done and won't argue with you.

OK, that's cool. not so much an argument though, you're just not answering the question, not that you are obligated to. Carry on.

The questions are not pertinent: you know where I stand.

I am watching my Dodge blue beat down the wicked Giants men to clinch the division.

Interesting. So I looked it up, it appears that the 1977 Hyde Amendment (not to be confused with a completely unrelated 1997 Hyde Amendment) forbids the use of federal funds to the DHHS (mostly medicaid) for abortions except in cases of life endangerment, rape, or incest. This is a bipartisan rider that's been attached to annual appropriations bills every year. Related is Executive Order 13535 signed by Obama on March 24, 2010 which reinforces the commitment to preservation of the Hyde Amendment's policy restricting federal funds for abortion in regards to the ACA.

So fed funded Medicaid and ACA won't pay for abortion except in cases of the mothers life being in danger, rape or incest. States, however, are not held to the Hyde Amendment for their portions of Medicaid and ACA funding and can use their portion to pay for abortions if they wish. Currently 4 states will pay for voluntary abortions, 13 require a court order to use state funds to pay for it, and the rest seem to follow the same guidelines as Hyde for their state funds.

In addition law says that, Gov. employees, military personal and their families, peace corps volunteers, indian health services clients, and federal prisoner's must pay for abortions out of pocket.

There is also a bi-partisan "No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion Act" on the books from 2011, (which would basically make the Hyde Amendment rider permanent) the House passed it 251-175, but it wasn't expected to be brought up for a vote in the Senate because they wouldn't pass it? It was resent in Jan 2014, but I don't see any mention of what happened it after that.

Anyway, it looks to me like if you have an issue with "your" tax dollars being used to pay for voluntary abortions, you should talk to your state reps. (Sorry I lost the PDF link while I was researching stuff or I'd have posted it; it was from an anti-abortion group and had a full list of what states covered abortions and how under Medicaid. I recall that Hawaii was one of the ones that covered voluntary though not the other 3.)

I suppose if you think the mother should risk dying to have a child, or if you think the children of incest or rape should be born regardless of the mothers wishes, then that's a different ballgame.

The tops are altered, so they are not real.

However . . . I am opposed to PP getting fed money although I would not shut down the government over it.

You're against women using medicaid to pay for their non-abortion services?
PP can drop abortion services, or the money can be given to the county health agencies for the other services.

The county health agencies provide pap smears?

it's women walking into PP, either by choice or they are the only providers nearby who accept medicaid. You want to specifically block those women from using Medicaid because PP also performs abortions? Sorry, doesn't make sense.
Dole out that $$ and the pap smears can be performed somewhere. PP is not the only place that gives pap smears and women's services.

You're right, PP is not the only place that give pap smears. Often times they are the only close place, or the only place nearby that will accept medicaid or it's the place the woman chooses to visit. Also, PP isn't the only place that performs abortions. Private physicians and hospitals do as well, are you saying that every medical establishment that performs abortions cannot accept medicaid as payment?
there are 20 women's health clinics for every PP abortatoriums, so it's a lie to suggest PP would be the closest option.

You're against women using medicaid to pay for their non-abortion services?
PP can drop abortion services, or the money can be given to the county health agencies for the other services.

The county health agencies provide pap smears?

it's women walking into PP, either by choice or they are the only providers nearby who accept medicaid. You want to specifically block those women from using Medicaid because PP also performs abortions? Sorry, doesn't make sense.
Dole out that $$ and the pap smears can be performed somewhere. PP is not the only place that gives pap smears and women's services.

You're right, PP is not the only place that give pap smears. Often times they are the only close place, or the only place nearby that will accept medicaid or it's the place the woman chooses to visit. Also, PP isn't the only place that performs abortions. Private physicians and hospitals do as well, are you saying that every medical establishment that performs abortions cannot accept medicaid as payment?
there are 20 women's health clinics for every PP abortatoriums, so it's a lie to suggest PP would be the closest option.

Have a link that demonstrates all PP facilities are located near others and accept medicaid? If they do then they can get some of that same money, just like PP, nobody is stopping them.

Watching and listening to this hearing, these poor Republicans are so damn scared of Cecile Richards they won't let her talk or answer a question. They run their clock out by talking over her and constantly interrupting her.

That tells you everything you need to know about their war on Planned Parenthood and the fictional video that has them in hysteria.

Some of us just simply do not occupy the same space you do on this planet.

Afraid of Cecil Richards? Why? Catholics like me, who also mostly vote conservative, are not afraid of someone who is unwittingly being manipulated by the devil, we are afraid of our own sinfulness. We are afraid of suffering in purgatory for untold eons because of our selfishness and laziness. We are afraid for our own families who carelessly traipse through life as though what they do or what they do not do matters not to God.

Meanwhile, we have liars before congress, liars in congress, and a blatantly lying liberal media that spins and covers up and pretends on so many critical matters that you cannot blame so many Christians for thinking we must be near the end.

So you continue playing your games of I am smarter or richer than you and you continue to try to have the last laugh, but I imagine some day when you are in old age you will start to worry. Then you will realize all that crap you thought was so important all your life means so little right now. Ever hear of the Bible verse "vanity of vanities, all is vanity?" That's the stark reality. Then you may also realize that killing babies in their mothers' wounds may very well be something that greatly displeases God. It's really not much different than the holocaust.

Need I continue?.....

Forum List

Back