Republicans: Stop the Trash Talk. Character attacks or personal insults are not winning strategies.

Procrustes Stretched

This place is nothing without the membership.
Dec 1, 2008
I probably shouldn't be sharing this here. This could knock some sense into Republicans who influence campaigns and who might visit here. But I'll take that risk in the spirit of comity.

As a Republican governor who has won four elections in a purple state, I’ve learned a thing or two about how to win. As Donald Trump and my fellow Republicans navigate the next steps of their campaigns, my message to them is this: The path to victory in November is not won through character attacks or personal insults.

In fact, those attacks are unlikely to bring a single new voter onboard. Catchy one-liners — calling Vice President Harris a “bum,” “not a serious person” and “bottom of the barrel” — might rile up the base, but they do little to connect with independent voters needed to close the deal in November.

Independent voters are independent for a reason. They are not driven to the polls by personal attacks. Candidates need to give them a reason to turn out and vote. What solutions are you going to provide that will make life better for them, their family and their community? This election will likely be a coin toss, and whoever turns out these voters will be well positioned to win.

I'm sorry, Dante, but I have to give this a thumbs down.

Republicans are on the right course of action for certain Electoral victory!!

Racial insults are very hip with the young kids, and Trump should throw in some N-words at his rallies. People sure would perk up!

It may be just the thing Trump needs to get his Trump Train back on the tracks!

I probably shouldn't be sharing this here. This could knock some sense into Republicans who influence campaigns and who might visit here. But I'll take that risk in the spirit of comity.

As a Republican governor who has won four elections in a purple state, I’ve learned a thing or two about how to win. As Donald Trump and my fellow Republicans navigate the next steps of their campaigns, my message to them is this: The path to victory in November is not won through character attacks or personal insults.

In fact, those attacks are unlikely to bring a single new voter onboard. Catchy one-liners — calling Vice President Harris a “bum,” “not a serious person” and “bottom of the barrel” — might rile up the base, but they do little to connect with independent voters needed to close the deal in November.

Independent voters are independent for a reason. They are not driven to the polls by personal attacks. Candidates need to give them a reason to turn out and vote. What solutions are you going to provide that will make life better for them, their family and their community? This election will likely be a coin toss, and whoever turns out these voters will be well positioned to win.
Synthaholic gives a thumbs down.

What is weird is that Sununu is an person with a history of being elected. Syth is a person with a history of posting lame and attention seeking comments on a failing, anonymous message board. (pardon the harsh observation)

I'm sorry, Dante, but I have to give this a thumbs down.

Republicans are on the right course of action for certain Electoral victory!!

Racial insults are very hip with the young kids, and Trump should throw in some N-words at his rallies. People sure would perk up!

It may be just the thing Trump needs to get his Trump Train back on the tracks!
MAGA Republicans have won without resorting to trash talking as a strategy. But the squeaky weasels get the oil.

Trump won't listen to Sununu and neither will he MAGA base. I don't like Sununu, and didn't like his father. Sununu comes from Reagan, and Reagan was Trump with better communication skills. Sunnunu had a chance to run in the prim ary against trump to stop him and refused. He is right, but he had the chance to stop this and didn't.

IMG_3342.png

Here's the thing: Both Biden and Harris have been awful in office, promote awful policies, and have made awful statements in the past. Of course, they deny ALL of this, so pointing out their profound awfulness is something that must be done.

Because the Media love both of them, the Media tries to characterize and present awfulness-pointing as "attacks," but that is manifestly not the case. Truthful "negative campaigning" is perfectly ethical and appropriate.

Telling LIES about your opponents is not OK. Far from it. But this is all the Left has in their figurative quiver, because both Trump and Vance are right on all the issues, and in Trump's case was incredibly successful in office despite aggressive opposition from the Usual Suspects who control everything else in our society and culture.

Telling Trump and Vance to be nice is not helpful.

that's funny when you dems and libs have been doing exactly that for 8 years. a little payback is due and. when the allegations are true, appropriate.

Here's the thing: Both Biden and Harris have been awful in office, promote awful policies, and have made awful statements in the past. Of course, they deny ALL of this, so pointing out their profound awfulness is something that must be done.

Because the Media love both of them, the Media tries to characterize and present awfulness-pointing as "attacks," but that is manifestly not the case. Truthful "negative campaigning" is perfectly ethical and appropriate.

Telling LIES about your opponents is not OK. Far from it. But this is all the Left has in their figurative quiver, because both Trump and Vance are right on all the issues, and in Trump's case was incredibly successful in office despite aggressive opposition from the Usual Suspects who control everything else in our society and culture.

Telling Trump and Vance to be nice is not helpful.
This is bullshit What we see here is a person who only reads right wing media.

Forum List

Back